Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Good Of An Announcer is Matt Devlin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Haven't heard the "Punjabi" call yet this season. I loved the Punjabi call when the Raptors made a three ball a lot better than "Bang On" which sounds like something a carpenter or blacksmith would say or even teenage boys would say when talking about .....................
    the superfan prob. slapped him up for that comment LOL while i found it funny.. its prob. not appropriate

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
      i get what your saying, i agree.. jack knows more about the game then leo..thats why i said hes a great anylist.. but he goes on soo much about other players it gets in the way of the game broadcast.. i dont mind during a break in play.. jack & chuck were a great tandum.. Leo & matt just dont cut it...Triano should be still coaching Canada too not Cleo Rautins
      Well, another option would be to cut ties with Leo and bring in a former player who played for the team and have him do color. A guy like JYD might be good.

One question I have is why is there no "average" option in the poll? It's either they're above average to some degree (three times) or they're below average to some degree (two times). What, there wasn't room in there for the middle ground?
      Last edited by Apollo; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Well, another option would be to cut ties with Leo and bring in a former player who played for the team and have him do color. A guy like JYD might be good.

One question I have is why is there no "average" option in the poll? It's either they're above average to some degree (three times) or they're below average to some degree (two times). What, there wasn't room in there for the middle ground?
        Because in Toronto, we don't settle for mediocrity.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

I wondered about that after I posted the poll.

I didn't change that oversight because it is my understanding that while you can edit a post after it is posted you can not edit a poll after it is posted. If I am wrong on this let me know and I will gladly edit the poll and add Average, which as I wrote above was an oversight in leaving it out of the poll options when I posted the poll.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

When I watch streams of other teams I think Matt is pretty good. Maybe I'm just getting used to him but some teams have some terrible announcers (see Lakers, Los Angeles) .
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
              When I watch streams of other teams I think Matt is pretty good. Maybe I'm just getting used to him but some teams have some terrible announcers (see Lakers, Los Angeles) .
              Devlin like all team announcers that survive have personalities and delivery styles designed to best appeal to the locals in their respective cities.

So if you don't like Los Angeles then you most likely will not like the Los Angeles announcers because Los Angeles is so so different from any place outside of Southern CA.

Personally I think that Lawler and Smith for the Clippers are great entertainment and Smith really knows his stuff.

Meyers and Lantz with the Lakes are 150% homers so very few if any NBA fans outside of Lakers fans will like them.

Spero Dedes who does the Lakes on the radio is good. I have been harassing the Lakers on and off for at least a couple of seasons to replace Meyers will Dedes. So far unfortunately no luck.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Miss the Swirsk ..... His lame calls made the game more fun ....

I HATE how Matt Devlin is obsessed with all his statistics ... I hate how when a good play happens and Matt Devlin is still busy reading a stat off his paper and doesn't even address the play ...

I love how Rautins/Armstrong tell Matt at how amazing his knowledge of stats are ... I feel the sarcasm ooozing lol

Comment

jdot22 wrote: View Post
                  Miss the Swirsk ..... His lame calls made the game more fun ....

I HATE how Matt Devlin is obsessed with all his statistics ... I hate how when a good play happens and Matt Devlin is still busy reading a stat off his paper and doesn't even address the play ...

I love how Rautins/Armstrong tell Matt at how amazing his knowledge of stats are ... I feel the sarcasm ooozing lol
                  I will give I believe it was Devlin some credit for hyping Landry Fields though it was close to going over the top. Fields is a good player who still is relatively unappreciated by those who have not watched the Knicks play this season.

Comment

Evans has a very deadpan, monotonous tone that borders on grating. His first year was absolutely unbearable. His banter with Leo about nonsense while the game is happening sucks, they are like "oh yah, oops, there's a game going on".

Did anyone else notice that against OKC he actually said "and Tyreke Evans comes down with the rebound"...i was like...wtf?? what game is this?? Seriously I think half the time the dude is calling it in. Miss Swirsk alot.

Bang on!

There ya go!

The EMPHATIC dunk!

and the ever popular Roko Ukic slam..."What arrrreeee you doing???"

Comment

I kinda thought the best thing about Matt is that he obviously says some dumb things some times that make you go, "WTF??"

I would bet my first born that he didn't mean to yell "Punjabi!!" But he still jokes about it now.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        I will give I believe it was Devlin some credit for hyping Landry Fields though it was close to going over the top. Fields is a good player who still is relatively unappreciated by those who have not watched the Knicks play this season.
                        it was actually Cleo Rautins who was stroking Fields most of the game.. Devlin just enjoyed watching! LOL i wonder if andy is aware of the fact his dad has some serious mancrush problems & on a team mate of his none the less LOL
                        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          I kinda thought the best thing about Matt is that he obviously says some dumb things some times that make you go, "WTF??"

I would bet my first born that he didn't mean to yell "Punjabi!!" But he still jokes about it now.
                          he obviously didnt mean to yell it. the best part of that was the akward silence after...and leo chiming in "i bet he's never heard that called out after making a 3 before"...followed by Devlin saying something like.."uh yah...uh..i was just giving props to parminder and raj upstairs ... uh ..yah.."

Comment

Working...
                          X