No announcement yet.

Kleiza vs Sonny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonny has been slightly better, but neither guy has really made a strong case to be the defacto starter. Surprising, since you would think that they both have something to prove.

If anything, you go small and start Barbosa.

Comment

Turk was much worse, at least our expectations of Kleiza were lower, but his crap play at the end of the 3rd cost us the game for sure.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Because Wright gets the Reggie Evans treatment on offense - his man sags and clogs the key.
        Julian ain't THAT bad, at least he knows how to get layups and can dunk.

Comment

Kleiza has been terrible, he very much looks out of rythm every time he checks in. IMO, sonny has way more potential than Kleiza, he just needs to stop forcing shit. I agree with Leo for once, i hate when he drives the lanes and throws up a 'push shot'. It's ugly as hell and will never be effective fading away or to the side of the basket.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            A bigger letdown would be for Peja to steal his minutes. Peja can't do much except be Toronto's new Mo' Peterson 3 point man which he is still capable of doing.
            Except Mo had some defensive chops. He is more like the Raps new Kapono except older and that unlike Kapono he actually attempts 3 points shots and not one dribble inside the line long 2s.
            Last edited by RaptorDan; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 01:09 AM.
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

sonny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this shouldn't even be debated...faster and more athletic
              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

If you watch Kleiza during the game he usually has a size advantage on his man. He works hard to get position in the post, which he gets paid to do, BUT he rarely gets the ball inside. I watched the last few games and when he gets postion on his man and should be getting the ball he doesn't. Jose, just doesn't read the game well. I know that he is a great assists guy, but I think he just sorta thinks in his head, "okay first I'll get AB his touches, then LB, then, DeMar etc... he doesn't read what the game is giving him. There are many times when I've seen mismatches with a smaller guy on Andrea and Jose doesn't get him the ball. If I was Linas and I work my ass off to get position and always get looked off by Jose I'd be frustrated too. And then, when Jose finally does get him the ball its out 25-30 feet from the basket, then he has no choice but to Jack Up shots cause his playing time is limited and needs to create something. Linas has shown this season that he has a pretty decent post-up game, but if Jose can't get him the ball and get him in the flow of the game is that his fault? I can't blame Bayless for not getting him the ball cause his role is to penetrate a try and push the ball, but Jose has got to do a better job of getting Kleiza the ball.

Comment

curseoftheswirsk wrote: View Post
                  If you watch Kleiza during the game he usually has a size advantage on his man. He works hard to get position in the post, which he gets paid to do, BUT he rarely gets the ball inside. I watched the last few games and when he gets postion on his man and should be getting the ball he doesn't. Jose, just doesn't read the game well. I know that he is a great assists guy, but I think he just sorta thinks in his head, "okay first I'll get AB his touches, then LB, then, DeMar etc... he doesn't read what the game is giving him. There are many times when I've seen mismatches with a smaller guy on Andrea and Jose doesn't get him the ball. If I was Linas and I work my ass off to get position and always get looked off by Jose I'd be frustrated too. And then, when Jose finally does get him the ball its out 25-30 feet from the basket, then he has no choice but to Jack Up shots cause his playing time is limited and needs to create something. Linas has shown this season that he has a pretty decent post-up game, but if Jose can't get him the ball and get him in the flow of the game is that his fault? I can't blame Bayless for not getting him the ball cause his role is to penetrate a try and push the ball, but Jose has got to do a better job of getting Kleiza the ball.
                  Don't agree with much of your post. Kleiza is too much of a black hole for you to consistently throw down into the post, it's not like he's a post player with great efficiency down there either. It's hard enough getting Kleiza to pass on the perimeter, there is 0% he kicks out or draws to pass down low. He's not a go-to-guy or a good passer, you can't give him every possession or run your offense through him no matter how hard he fights for position.

If you're a pass first point guard like Jose, are you going to keep feeding the ball down low where you know it's never coming back out and has about 35% chance of going in or are you going to try to get other people involved?

More realistically...

If you're in a pick up game are you going to keep passing it to the ball hog even though he gets great position but forces every shot?

Comment

I wonder what happened to those clowns that thought Kleiza was the next Garbajosa..
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
                      Don't agree with much of your post. Kleiza is too much of a black hole for you to consistently throw down into the post, it's not like he's a post player with great efficiency down there either. It's hard enough getting Kleiza to pass on the perimeter, there is 0% he kicks out or draws to pass down low. He's not a go-to-guy or a good passer, you can't give him every possession or run your offense through him no matter how hard he fights for position.

If you're a pass first point guard like Jose, are you going to keep feeding the ball down low where you know it's never coming back out and has about 35% chance of going in or are you going to try to get other people involved?

More realistically...

If you're in a pick up game are you going to keep passing it to the ball hog even though he gets great position but forces every shot?

Fair enough, but I wasn't suggesting that we feed him the ball on every possesion. I just think the guy can't get into the flow of the game cause when he legitimitely gets postition on his man our point guard can't get him the ball. He then gets frustrated and when he finally does get the ball (in the far perimeter and not inside) he's forced to make things happen and jack up an ill-advised shot.

Comment

curseoftheswirsk wrote: View Post
                        Fair enough, but I wasn't suggesting that we feed him the ball on every possesion. I just think the guy can't get into the flow of the game cause when he legitimitely gets postition on his man our point guard can't get him the ball. He then gets frustrated and when he finally does get the ball (in the far perimeter and not inside) he's forced to make things happen and jack up an ill-advised shot.
                        Kleiza's inefficiency isn't necessarily his fault, I do admit he fights hard for position and is somewhat a versatile player in general. As others are pointing out though, he just doesn't seem to fit with the current style of Raptors. To be fair, Weems ain't doing that great lately either.

Comment

On December 15th - trade Peja, Evans, and Demar for a starting three and a defensive centre (mabye a pick) - start Weems at the 2 and the new wing at the 3 - and have Kleiza come off the bench at small forward

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                            I wonder what happened to those clowns that thought Kleiza was the next Garbajosa..
                            Dare I say, he's slowly becoming the next Hedo.

Comment

It's a good thing he's got a small manageable contract..
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                                I thought he would be similar... I guess there is a huge difference between the Euroleague and the NBA. But I still think he can bounce back, he still has a decent contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X