Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 337

Thread: The Walking Dead *SPOILER ALERT-INCLUDING COMICS*

  1. #261
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sad to see Hershel go too. I really liked him, but, with him gone, it really opens up some new pathways again.

    Hershel was the only one that could keep Rick "under-control", and who knows, maybe he goes back to being the old Rick.

    I do imagine that Carol will be back though, there's no way they just got rid of her like that, unless there were some Filming/Production issues in the background that we don't know about.

  2. #262
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That episoded sucked. The way it went down in the book was much more gruesome though. I'm glad they're on the move again. The prison was played out already. I feel that this should have been the last season finale.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  3. #263
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    That episoded sucked. The way it went down in the book was much more gruesome though. I'm glad they're on the move again. The prison was played out already. I feel that this should have been the last season finale.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Lol I don't know if they'd be allowed to show a baby get shot in the face on TV. But I do agree the comic ending was better than the TV for this arc.

  4. #264
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Lol I don't know if they'd be allowed to show a baby get shot in the face on TV. But I do agree the comic ending was better than the TV for this arc.
    Not on Cable. But, if it was showtime..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  5. #265
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So for anyone who read the comics, the second half should be very interesting with lots of new locations.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  6. #266
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So for anyone who read the comics, the second half should be very interesting with lots of new locations.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    I find it interesting they already did the phone thing and only focused an episode on it. In the comics it started just after the prison was destroyed and carried on for a long time.

  7. #267
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They did it right after his wife died, just like in the comic, only the location was different. They didn't play it up for as long as the comic but Rick lost his mind in the show and for most of the first half of this season he looked like a broken man. I'm glad they're mixing it up. If the show was following the comic this whole season would be taking place away from the prison.

  8. #268
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Glad to see the Governor dead, never thought that TV series can awaken so much hatred hidden in me, at one moment I wanted to strangle him with my own hands. I've seen vilains do some nasty stuff in other movies or TV series, but it never has been so convincing and so... real, what's actually happening in reality. I usually think that, oh well, that's just a movie, but this time that thought haven't helped, poor actor, I will never see him the same, he was too good at his role.

    P.S I haven't read the comics so please try not to spoil it, I want to continue reading this thread, but after checking 13th page I got little pissed off, by huge spoiler
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Thu Jan 2nd, 2014 at 02:57 PM.
    #FREE

  9. #269
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Glad to see the Governor dead, never thought that TV series can awaken so much hatred hidden in me, at one moment I wanted to strangle him with my own hands. I've seen vilains do some nasty stuff in other movies or TV series, but it never has been so convincing and so... real, what's actually happening in reality. I usually think that, oh well, that's just a movie, but this time that thought haven't helped, poor actor, I will never see him the same, he was too good at his role.

    P.S I haven't read the comics so please try not to spoil it, I want to continue reading this thread, but after checking 13th page I got little pissed off, by huge spoiler
    It says spoiler alert right in the title. So, it's nobody's fault but your own.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  10. #270
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So for anyone who read the comics, the second half should be very interesting with lots of new locations.
    And Characters.

    I'm especially looking forward to the Abraham & Eugene Storyline, and how/if they do that.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  11. #271
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    It says spoiler alert right in the title. So, it's nobody's fault but your own.
    Spoiler alert? It usually means that you will find discussions on series, which were already shown. Not on the whole scenario, I didn't knew there were comics.
    #FREE

  12. #272
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, if they go there this season. They could drag out other aspects and never get to any of that.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  13. #273
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Randomguy, Dale was still alive at this point in the comics. They're not following the comics word for word and I thought people were being pretty good about giving nothing important away... Maybe I'm missing something here.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  14. #274
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Glad to see the Governor dead, never thought that TV series can awaken so much hatred hidden in me, at one moment I wanted to strangle him with my own hands. I've seen vilains do some nasty stuff in other movies or TV series, but it never has been so convincing and so... real, what's actually happening in reality. I usually think that, oh well, that's just a movie, but this time that thought haven't helped, poor actor, I will never see him the same, he was too good at his role.

    P.S I haven't read the comics so please try not to spoil it, I want to continue reading this thread, but after checking 13th page I got little pissed off, by huge spoiler
    Aww man if you think the Governor is evil in the show than you'll definitely love to hate him in the comics. He is evil and despicable but not in an over the top unbelievable kind of way. He was definitely toned down for the show. Check out the comic man it's great stuff, superior to the show imo.

    And RandomGuy we do talk about the comics often in this thread with spoilers so keep that in mind. I have edited the thread title to indicate that. Perhaps fellow posters, myself included, can give a heads up when discussing comic spoilers that haven't taken place yet in the show? But like Apollo mentioned, at this point the show only loosely follows the comic. A lot of things have been changed around.

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    And Characters.

    I'm especially looking forward to the Abraham & Eugene Storyline, and how/if they do that.
    Yeah really looking forward to those two guys especially Abraham. I think the producers got the right guy to play him in Michael Cudlitz. And let's not forget about the introduction of Rosita too!


  15. Like RandomGuy liked this post
  16. #275
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Aww man if you think the Governor is evil in the show than you'll definitely love to hate him in the comics. He is evil and despicable but not in an over the top unbelievable kind of way. He was definitely toned down for the show. Check out the comic man it's great stuff, superior to the show imo.

    And RandomGuy we do talk about the comics often in this thread with spoilers so keep that in mind. I have edited the thread title to indicate that. Perhaps fellow posters, myself included, can give a heads up when discussing comic spoilers that haven't taken place yet in the show? But like Apollo mentioned, at this point the show only loosely follows the comic. A lot of things have been changed around.



    Yeah really looking forward to those two guys especially Abraham. I think the producers got the right guy to play him in Michael Cudlitz. And let's not forget about the introduction of Rosita too!

    I have no idea who Michael Cudlitz is but I just google imaged him and it's like the comic version of Abraham was made from him. That's ridiculous.

    Also Randomguy assuming your post about page 13 was regarding my post as I believe I was the only one to bring up the comics on that page, I even put an additional spoiler alert in my post, can't really do much more than that. However with the exception of names and locations(ie the prison) the 2 are completely different.

  17. #276
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Yeah really looking forward to those two guys especially Abraham. I think the producers got the right guy to play him in Michael Cudlitz. And let's not forget about the introduction of Rosita too!

    Cudlitz is perfect. I remember him in Band of Brothers, as 'Bull'. Great Actor.

    Do we know who will be playing Eugene yet?

    And is that seriously who's playing Rosita? Geezus ... Maggie has some competition.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  18. Like .40 Cal Flakes liked this post
  19. #277
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Looking forward to Abraham joining the team.

    I think the look isn't that important. I hope these three new actors are good.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  20. #278
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Also, seeing how Darryl is a show exclusive, I hope he has as many lives as Rick... While they kill people off abruptly without warning and it has great impact, it would suck because he's my favourite character so far...

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  21. #279
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Also, seeing how Darryl is a show exclusive, I hope he has as many lives as Rick... While they kill people off abruptly without warning and it has great impact, it would suck because he's my favourite character so far...

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Yeah Darryl's most bad ass character in the series for me so far.
    #FREE

  22. #280
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    I have no idea who Michael Cudlitz is but I just google imaged him and it's like the comic version of Abraham was made from him. That's ridiculous.
    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Cudlitz is perfect. I remember him in Band of Brothers, as 'Bull'. Great Actor.

    Do we know who will be playing Eugene yet?

    And is that seriously who's playing Rosita? Geezus ... Maggie has some competition.


    Haha yup here name is Christian Serratos, she's def gonna give Maggie a run for her money.
    And BoB was a GREAT series, have the box set and watch it through at least twice a year. Cudlitz has some acting chops for sure. He was also in Southland which is supposed to be a great show as well tho I've never watched it.

    Link below for the actor who is playing Eugene;

    http://www.twdenthusiasts.com/2013/1...-abraham-ford/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •