Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *SPOILER ALERT-INCLUDING COMICS*

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad to see Hershel go too. I really liked him, but, with him gone, it really opens up some new pathways again.

Hershel was the only one that could keep Rick "under-control", and who knows, maybe he goes back to being the old Rick.

I do imagine that Carol will be back though, there's no way they just got rid of her like that, unless there were some Filming/Production issues in the background that we don't know about.

Post Thanks / Like

That episoded sucked. The way it went down in the book was much more gruesome though. I'm glad they're on the move again. The prison was played out already. I feel that this should have been the last season finale.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    That episoded sucked. The way it went down in the book was much more gruesome though. I'm glad they're on the move again. The prison was played out already. I feel that this should have been the last season finale.

Lol I don't know if they'd be allowed to show a baby get shot in the face on TV. But I do agree the comic ending was better than the TV for this arc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Lol I don't know if they'd be allowed to show a baby get shot in the face on TV. But I do agree the comic ending was better than the TV for this arc.
    Not on Cable. But, if it was showtime..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

So for anyone who read the comics, the second half should be very interesting with lots of new locations.

Post Thanks / Like

So for anyone who read the comics, the second half should be very interesting with lots of new locations.

I find it interesting they already did the phone thing and only focused an episode on it. In the comics it started just after the prison was destroyed and carried on for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

They did it right after his wife died, just like in the comic, only the location was different. They didn't play it up for as long as the comic but Rick lost his mind in the show and for most of the first half of this season he looked like a broken man. I'm glad they're mixing it up. If the show was following the comic this whole season would be taking place away from the prison.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see the Governor dead, never thought that TV series can awaken so much hatred hidden in me, at one moment I wanted to strangle him with my own hands. I've seen vilains do some nasty stuff in other movies or TV series, but it never has been so convincing and so... real, what's actually happening in reality. I usually think that, oh well, that's just a movie, but this time that thought haven't helped, poor actor, I will never see him the same, he was too good at his role.

P.S I haven't read the comics so please try not to spoil it, I want to continue reading this thread, but after checking 13th page I got little pissed off, by huge spoiler
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Thu Jan 2nd, 2014 at 02:57 PM.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Glad to see the Governor dead, never thought that TV series can awaken so much hatred hidden in me, at one moment I wanted to strangle him with my own hands. I've seen vilains do some nasty stuff in other movies or TV series, but it never has been so convincing and so... real, what's actually happening in reality. I usually think that, oh well, that's just a movie, but this time that thought haven't helped, poor actor, I will never see him the same, he was too good at his role.

P.S I haven't read the comics so please try not to spoil it, I want to continue reading this thread, but after checking 13th page I got little pissed off, by huge spoiler
    It says spoiler alert right in the title. So, it's nobody's fault but your own.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

And Characters.

I'm especially looking forward to the Abraham & Eugene Storyline, and how/if they do that.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    It says spoiler alert right in the title. So, it's nobody's fault but your own.
    Spoiler alert? It usually means that you will find discussions on series, which were already shown. Not on the whole scenario, I didn't knew there were comics.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if they go there this season. They could drag out other aspects and never get to any of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Randomguy, Dale was still alive at this point in the comics. They're not following the comics word for word and I thought people were being pretty good about giving nothing important away... Maybe I'm missing something here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Aww man if you think the Governor is evil in the show than you'll definitely love to hate him in the comics. He is evil and despicable but not in an over the top unbelievable kind of way. He was definitely toned down for the show. Check out the comic man it's great stuff, superior to the show imo.

And RandomGuy we do talk about the comics often in this thread with spoilers so keep that in mind. I have edited the thread title to indicate that. Perhaps fellow posters, myself included, can give a heads up when discussing comic spoilers that haven't taken place yet in the show? But like Apollo mentioned, at this point the show only loosely follows the comic. A lot of things have been changed around.

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    And Characters.

I'm especially looking forward to the Abraham & Eugene Storyline, and how/if they do that.
    Yeah really looking forward to those two guys especially Abraham. I think the producers got the right guy to play him in Michael Cudlitz. And let's not forget about the introduction of Rosita too!

15. Like RandomGuy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Aww man if you think the Governor is evil in the show than you'll definitely love to hate him in the comics. He is evil and despicable but not in an over the top unbelievable kind of way. He was definitely toned down for the show. Check out the comic man it's great stuff, superior to the show imo.

And RandomGuy we do talk about the comics often in this thread with spoilers so keep that in mind. I have edited the thread title to indicate that. Perhaps fellow posters, myself included, can give a heads up when discussing comic spoilers that haven't taken place yet in the show? But like Apollo mentioned, at this point the show only loosely follows the comic. A lot of things have been changed around.

Yeah really looking forward to those two guys especially Abraham. I think the producers got the right guy to play him in Michael Cudlitz. And let's not forget about the introduction of Rosita too!

I have no idea who Michael Cudlitz is but I just google imaged him and it's like the comic version of Abraham was made from him. That's ridiculous.

Also Randomguy assuming your post about page 13 was regarding my post as I believe I was the only one to bring up the comics on that page, I even put an additional spoiler alert in my post, can't really do much more than that. However with the exception of names and locations(ie the prison) the 2 are completely different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post

Cudlitz is perfect. I remember him in Band of Brothers, as 'Bull'. Great Actor.

Do we know who will be playing Eugene yet?

And is that seriously who's playing Rosita? Geezus ... Maggie has some competition.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

18. Like .40 Cal Flakes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to Abraham joining the team.

I think the look isn't that important. I hope these three new actors are good.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, seeing how Darryl is a show exclusive, I hope he has as many lives as Rick... While they kill people off abruptly without warning and it has great impact, it would suck because he's my favourite character so far...

Post Thanks / Like

Also, seeing how Darryl is a show exclusive, I hope he has as many lives as Rick... While they kill people off abruptly without warning and it has great impact, it would suck because he's my favourite character so far...

Yeah Darryl's most bad ass character in the series for me so far.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    I have no idea who Michael Cudlitz is but I just google imaged him and it's like the comic version of Abraham was made from him. That's ridiculous.
    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Cudlitz is perfect. I remember him in Band of Brothers, as 'Bull'. Great Actor.

Do we know who will be playing Eugene yet?

And is that seriously who's playing Rosita? Geezus ... Maggie has some competition.

Haha yup here name is Christian Serratos, she's def gonna give Maggie a run for her money.
    And BoB was a GREAT series, have the box set and watch it through at least twice a year. Cudlitz has some acting chops for sure. He was also in Southland which is supposed to be a great show as well tho I've never watched it.

Link below for the actor who is playing Eugene;

http://www.twdenthusiasts.com/2013/1...-abraham-ford/

Thread Information