Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *SPOILER ALERT-INCLUDING COMICS*

Post Thanks / Like

see, i really didn't like that. the unknown is a lot more terrifying imo.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    You should know it was some kind of infection. They even cut off a certain someone's leg and saved him after he was bitten in the comics. This just sheds light on it more. You need to remember that this show is meant for the mainstream. They need more people watching than just those who read the comics. I guess they felt this was important to the average viewer. I don't mind them making changes like this as long as they stay true to the general story. The first season didn't get many tests. This second season, now that they've left the camp, this is where the tests come to the show.

Post Thanks / Like

btw, i forget whether they have a vehicle at the end or not. did they?

p.s. can't wait for Hell On Wheels looks sick.

currently enjoying breaking bad s3
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

i was a huge fan of the comics well before the show came out and was extremely geeked to hear they were making a show. all i could think about was "man this is going to be one hell of a gory, mature show" but figured they'd tone it down some. they did that, but they also basically lit the story on fire and made it up as they went. im not going to tell you some of the things that should have happened by this point or should absolutely NOT have happened but lets just say the show has about as much in common with the comic as the running man did with the book.
    I guess cuz you were a fan of the comic beforehand you had certain expectations on the show. I never heard of the comic until after I watched the entire first season. Now even before reading the comics I was a little disappointed in the season finale. I found the whole CDC thing a bit goofy and not matching the tone of the other episodes.

AFTER reading the comics (I'm up to 24 right now and like I mentioned in a previous post is absolutely amazing and superior to the show) I found a few other things about the show that bugged me. Like you say, there are some events that should have def been included and some others omitted. The whole wilshire estates issue...i mean that would have made for great TV. Why the producers didn't include that who knows? And the episode with the latin gangbangers was a little out there. Could've done w/o that for sure.

Overall though the tv series is still one of the best out there imo. Considering they only had six episodes to work with they did a good job i think.

i'm not even being one of those "this will never live up to the book!" dorks, its seriously just bad. theres nothing in the comic that couldn't be done on the small screen and the fact they threw in the whole thing at the end and certain people still being alive is almost insulting.
    Again, after reading the comic I agree they drifted a little too far from the base material, but it's by no means remotely bad dude. I assume you are talking about Shane? You know what, at first I was in the camp that Shane should been killed like in the comic. But than i realized how much better the show is. The tension and drama surrounding Shane/Lori/Rick is great! That scene in the CDC between Shane & Lori! Great tv bud. I'd still like to see him get smoked by Carl though!

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I actually like that the show gave us some information on what is causing the zombie outbreak. The comic never really went there much besides that it was some sort of infection.
    I'm kind of torn between knowing and not knowing. While I agree that the unknown is a lot more terrifying, my curiosity and need to know will crave that bit info/satisfaction.

You should know it was some kind of infection. They even cut off a certain someone's leg and saved him after he was bitten in the comics. This just sheds light on it more. You need to remember that this show is meant for the mainstream. They need more people watching than just those who read the comics. I guess they felt this was important to the average viewer. I don't mind them making changes like this as long as they stay true to the general story. The first season didn't get many tests. This second season, now that they've left the camp, this is where the tests come to the show.

This is why certain changes don't drive me crazy. if they don't get enough people watching the show, well then...no show.

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    btw, i forget whether they have a vehicle at the end or not. did they?
    At the end of season 1, they left the CDC in a caravan.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Webisodes

Just before the start of season 2, AMC has released six Walking Dead webisodes to whet our appetites.

Meh...check 'em out.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Zip.ca finally sent me Walking Dead season 1, even though it was at the top of my list for months, and I have to say I was a little bit disappointed. This could be due to the fact that I had really high hopes for this show, or maybe that it was over-hyped, but either way the show left me going "meh".
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Post Thanks / Like

seriously, the show left you meh?

i guess that's understandable.

seriously, can't wait til sunday literally they can't make it like wednesday or something i have to wait til sunday night. i'll watch a webisode a day to help take the pain away.

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm totally pumped for season 2. We just need to remember that this is an adaptation of the comic and so it's not going to follow the comic exactly. That's fine by me because personally, I don't want to know what's going to happen next.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm totally pumped for season 2. We just need to remember that this is an adaptation of the comic and so it's not going to follow the comic exactly. That's fine by me because personally, I don't want to know what's going to happen next.
    never read the comic. a buddy of mine did though and i remember he was telling me what was going to happen next and i don't think any of that happened or at least not in the order he said.

p.s. the lady who plays the sheriff's wife could use a steak. probably 2

Post Thanks / Like

never read the comic. a buddy of mine did though and i remember he was telling me what was going to happen next and i don't think any of that happened or at least not in the order he said.

Yup there's been quite a few significant changes from the comic to the show. Some for the better some def for the worse. But because of the changes there is some element of surprise which is good. Already there is wind of another new character who wasn't in the book.

For those who haven't read the comic-what are you waiting for?! Man it is such a good read!

Post Thanks / Like

They look like they're heading in the right direction... Next stop should be a gated community and after that, well, I don't think I should give anything away... Let make one thing clear. Their time in Altanta at the camp compared to where they going is like comparing "Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood" to "Night of the living dead". You have seen nothing yet, believe me. This series is going to get crazy wild by season 3... If it lasts that long. I feel if they do make it that far the series will be a long time hit. There is one sword welding lady I'm wondering about this season in particular who should immediately grow her cult following... One thing you need to prepare yourself for is the death of some characters you love. Some will die brutally and unexpectedly.

Post Thanks / Like

intense

Post Thanks / Like

Intense. Yup that's how I'd describe it. That opening scene on the highway with the "herd" of zombies was amazing. I can't remember the last time I was on the edge of my seat like that.

Some sick zombie kills in that episode-the church slayings were particularly satisfying (I'm sick I know).

And how bout little Carl getting shot there at the end?! Knew it was coming as soon as the deer appeared but still. Looks like the next episode will feature Herschel's farm.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

currently enjoying breaking bad s3
    season 4 is easily the best TV i've ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Some sick zombie kills in that episode-the church slayings were particularly satisfying (I'm sick I know).
    i actually had to stop and replay the church lady zombie killing a few times.. the killings were so well done this episode

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    season 4 is easily the best TV i've ever seen
    ya, meant season 4 thought it was season 3 for some reason.

that explosion was so ill when gus walked out and adjusted his tie and half his head was missing.

as for twd to ill as well.

Post Thanks / Like

i actually had to stop and replay the church lady zombie killing a few times.. the killings were so well done this episode
    what the hell was hanging over her face?

Post Thanks / Like

haha it's moments like that I wish I still had my PVR. How 'bout that zombie disembowlment? "Let's see if little Carol's remains can be found in zombie dudes' innards"-awesome (again I readily admit I'm a little on the sick side).

what the hell was hanging over her face?
    I was wondering the same thing. I think it was a veil.

Post Thanks / Like

ya, meant season 4 thought it was season 3 for some reason.

that explosion was so ill when gus walked out and adjusted his tie and half his head was missing.

as for twd to ill as well.
    i personally think the episode in mexico, was easily the best single episode of any show i've ever seen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    haha it's moments like that I wish I still had my PVR. How 'bout that zombie disembowlment? "Let's see if little Carol's remains can be found in zombie dudes' innards"-awesome (again I readily admit I'm a little on the sick side).
    that was filthy, but didnt get the reaction from me that the church killings or the screwdriver in the winnebago did

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information