No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead *SPOILER ALERT-INCLUDING COMICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought the First Season Special Edition on DVD .. Pumped to start watching it.
    I've been reading the Graphic Novels, so am very much looking forward to starting the Series.

Comment

• get to it. awesome show.

in other news, frank darabont had his new show picked up by tnt

Looks like Frank Darabont will soon have a little less time to ponder Walking Dead what-ifs.

TNT has ordered a new drama series from Darabont (together with The Social Network producer Michael De Luca and Elliot Webb) titled L.A. Noir, which is based off John Buntin’s book (and not to be confused with the 2011 videogame L.A. Noire). Darabont, who stepped down as Walking Dead showrunner in July amid much hoopla, is set to write and direct the pilot.

“Noir is a passion of mine, so I feel blessed to delve into a project that speaks in the hardboiled vernacular, »
      http://www.imdb.com/news/ni20810085/
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Just bought the First Season Special Edition on DVD .. Pumped to start watching it.
        I've been reading the Graphic Novels, so am very much looking forward to starting the Series.
        You won't be disappointed. I feel season one was better than season 2 has been so far... That's probably going to change if they stick to the script of the comics though.

Comment

• I'm a bit worried about this show and AMC. it seems they are running out of new ideas. they are apparently working on a goodfellas prequel show, which i don't want to say it's stale but... and them picking up csi:miami i found a bit strange.

as well as them picking up mad men again like they are in need of a ratings boost or something. I just hope they don't cancel the show is all and I hope hershcell kicks them off his farm as that place is getting stale and they need to get back onto the zombie infested roads.

i'm not sure about this pregnancy either, i think the show might be better off with her getting an abortion and what's his face with that maggie chick constantly hating him and then liking him. it's turning into the goddman y&r
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Excellent mid season finale. Somebody is going to end up shooting Shane real soon the way he's acting.

Rick is not only the leader of the group, he's also one of the few adults in the group. It was funny how they played up Shane as some bad ass going to do what had to be done. He had no problem blowing the zombies away until the last one turned out to be someone he knew. He was just as weak as Hershal, he just talked a big game. Rick had to step up and be the adult.

Time to move on to the next location. It's a far more interesting location.
            You talking about the "big house" Apollo? Sadly, from online reports I don't think they will make it there until perhaps the season ending cliff hanger??

What I'm really waiting for, is the arrival of a certain sword wielding, zombie pet having, bad ass. Alas, apparently this person will not make it into the show until season 3. But when they do...watch out!

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Just bought the First Season Special Edition on DVD .. Pumped to start watching it.
            Joey, what kind of goodies does the special edition have, that the regular dvd set doesn't? Curious cuz I may want to pick up the special edition as well. How are you finding graphic novels? Are they not the shiznit?!

Well season two resumes tonight! Here's a sneak peek:

Comment

• .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
              Joey, what kind of goodies does the special edition have, that the regular dvd set doesn't? Curious cuz I may want to pick up the special edition as well. How are you finding graphic novels? Are they not the shiznit?!
              I actually haven't had a chance to watch any of the Special Features yet, but according to the Box, the BRAND NEW content is:
              -audio commentary on all six episodes
              -the black and white version of the pilot, and six new featurettes:
              "We Are The Walking Dead",
              "Bring Out the Dead: KNB and the Art of Making Zombies"
              "Digital Decay: The VFX of The Walking Dead"
              "No More Room in Hell: The Walking Dead Phenomenon"
              "Adapting the Dead"
              "Killer Conversations: Frank Darabont & Greg Nicotero".

Actually thanks for reminding me... I'll be watching these Extras tonight! haha

Comment

• too jacked for tonight's return.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  I actually haven't had a chance to watch any of the Special Features yet, but according to the Box, the BRAND NEW content is:
                  -audio commentary on all six episodes
                  -the black and white version of the pilot, and six new featurettes:
                  "We Are The Walking Dead",
                  "Bring Out the Dead: KNB and the Art of Making Zombies"
                  "Digital Decay: The VFX of The Walking Dead"
                  "No More Room in Hell: The Walking Dead Phenomenon"
                  "Adapting the Dead"
                  "Killer Conversations: Frank Darabont & Greg Nicotero".

Actually thanks for reminding me... I'll be watching these Extras tonight! haha
                  Haha no problem. Sounds like there's a lot of goodies. I might grab it just to see what the black and white episode looks like. Black and white in the comic really lends itself to the tone and atmosphere of the book. I wonder if it transfers well and does the same for the show.

LBF wrote: View Post
                  too jacked for tonight's return.
                  Yup.

Comment

• it was pretty good. but, this budding relationship between the old lady and daryll and then shane rubbing her down. I vomited in my mouth a little bit.

Comment

• Last night's episode was great. Rick finally confronted Shane about Lori. They duked it out...looks like my man Rick came out on top. Fuck Shane.

And there was some crazy ass kills, some of the best in a while!

Comment

• The past three episodes have been excellent.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          The past three episodes have been excellent.
                          not sure about excellent. but, alot better than the shit before the break.

Comment

• "WTF? They killed off Dale?"

Seriously. That was the exact thought that ran through my head when I finished watching this week's episode. He's didn't die in the comic until what would be around... I don't season 4 or 5 the way the show is going? I'm not sure why they did it now but my fiance, who has not read the comics, seemed to be totally ok with it.

This is as hard hitting as they could have made it without killing Rick or Andrea or Glenn.

Comment

• if they claim to be trying to be different than the comics, I don't know why you would have a problem with it.

I was rocked at first,but, then I was ok with it. I would of rather they killed off widow, jamie lee curtis look a like, but, whatevs.

The more important thing is that rick couldn't kill the kid or dale. But, had no problem killing zombie sophia, that is wtf to me.

Dale could have been the one that wanted out after darabont left.fuck if i know... but, now it's a question of whther they will get closer as a group or further away.

Comment

• I didn't say I had a problem with it. I'm saying it's really, really shocking.

The more important thing is that rick couldn't kill the kid or dale. But, had no problem killing zombie sophia, that is wtf to me.
                                Right, he could kill the human flesh eating threat to his family but he couldn't kill a kid or one of his friends. I tend to sympathize with him.
                                but, now it's a question of whther they will get closer as a group or further away.
                                They've cast the Governor for season 3 but I'm wondering if the end up at the Prison at all or do they go directly to the the Governor storyline via the farm? After allowing Shane to live for two seasons and killing Dale about two or three seasons too early who knows what they're going to do next. I will say this though, Dale the comic character was more interesting than Shane the comic character but Shane the TV character certainly is more interesting that Dale the TV character.

Comment

Working...
                                X