The Walking Dead *SPOILER ALERT-INCLUDING COMICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Seriously. That was the exact thought that ran through my head when I finished watching this week's episode. He's didn't die in the comic until what would be around... I don't season 4 or 5 the way the show is going? I'm not sure why they did it now but my fiance, who has not read the comics, seemed to be totally ok with it.
    Man oh man.

What. The. Fuck!?!

Those were my exact thoughts as well. I was not expecting that at all. Not sure how I feel about Dale's death yet.

Apollo wrote: View Post
    This is as hard hitting as they could have made it without killing Rick or Andrea or Glenn.
    With the way this show is going I would no longer be surprised if they killed off one of those characters. Heck, for that matter I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to let one of the characters who was killed in the comics, "live" on the show.

LBF wrote: View Post
    if they claim to be trying to be different than the comics, I don't know why you would have a problem with it.
    LBF/Apollo have you read the comics? How do you guys feel about all the changes the tv show has made (i.e. letting Shane live, killing off Sophia-that was an uber-shocker, etc.)

I was rocked at first,but, then I was ok with it. I would of rather they killed off widow, jamie lee curtis look a like, but, whatevs.
    Jamie Lee Curtis' doppelgänger has a pretty fucked up death in the comics!

The more important thing is that rick couldn't kill the kid or dale. But, had no problem killing zombie sophia, that is wtf to me.
    Not sure how that is wtf? Rick had difficulties off'ing the kid in front of Carl. I get it.

Dale was his close(ish) friend. It was hard to put a bullet in his head. Again, I get it.

Sophia was a zombie and a risk to the group. He was the only one who was able to do what had to be done, especially since Shane showed he was all talk and couldn't do it himself.

They've cast the Governor for season 3 but I'm wondering if the end up at the Prison at all or do they go directly to the the Governor storyline via the farm?
    Link PLEASE!

After allowing Shane to live for two seasons and killing Dale about two or three seasons too early who knows what they're going to do next. I will say this though, Dale the comic character was more interesting than Shane the comic character but Shane the TV character certainly is more interesting that Dale the TV character.
    Agreed. But that doesn't mean I don't look forward to when Shane becomes zombie fodder!

Comment

• .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
      LBF/Apollo have you read the comics? How do you guys feel about all the changes the tv show has made (i.e. letting Shane live, killing off Sophia-that was an uber-shocker, etc.)
      I'm actually enjoying it more this way because I don't know what the hell is going to happen next after this week. When they went all quiet and dark with the zoom in on Dale's eye's I thought "no way they're going to dare do this..." and then they did it! Zombie ambush, R.I.P. I even thought he might make it out of it somehow even after they took care of the zombie on top of him. I mean he survived a pretty wild ordeal later in the comics. It gave me an instant sense of... "Loss". That's why they did this, I think. Because the comic had such a shock factor and they can't recreate that for the fans if they know everything that's going to happen next.

FYI, "The Governor":
      http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/02/wa...vid-morrissey/

Comment

• haven't read the comics. carl was the excuse, he really looked like he was struggling and was just waiting for a reason not to do it. as for dale i dont see how he was any closer than the rest of them. definitely not closer than shane, his family, and glenn and even herschell. he respected his opinion quite a bit. but, i dont see how he was close with him i'd say they were as close as you would be with like 12 or so people you know. but, if there as close as they seemed to be why wouldn't he put him out of his misery and agony.

you need to swallow your pride in that situation and just do it for the sake of being a decent human being.

imo, rick is jack from lost except he's a cop.

it's kind of the love triangle that was between jack, kate and sawyer between rick, lori and shane except more complicated.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
          as for dale i dont see how he was any closer than the rest of them. definitely not closer than shane, his family, and glenn and even herschell. he respected his opinion quite a bit.
          He spent every day with the guy in a survival situation. If that was me I'd have a hard time putting any of them out of their misery. Especially the most honorable man probably left on the planet. Dale dieing sort of represents a piece of their humanity dieing.

It's well established that Ric thinks the Walkers are monsters. He doesn't view them as people, he views them as abominations. So killing one, no matter the size, to protect his family is par for the course.

you need to swallow your pride in that situation and just do it for the sake of being a decent human being.
          Being a leader doesn't mean doing everything yourself. That's my take on it anyway. Ric was kind of the middle ground between Dale and Shane. Now with one half of that dark and light equation factored out it'll be interesting how his choices might change in the future. In the comic world, Shane right now is a lot like how Ric is way down the road... It took Ric a whole lot more mental anguish to get there.

Comment

He spent every day with the guy in a survival situation. If that was me I'd have a hard time putting any of them out of their misery. Especially the most honorable man probably left on the planet. Dale dieing sort of represents a piece of their humanity dieing.

It's well established that Ric thinks the Walkers are monsters. He doesn't view them as people, he views them as abominations. So killing one, no matter the size, to protect his family is par for the course.

Being a leader doesn't mean doing everything yourself. That's my take on it anyway. Ric was kind of the middle ground between Dale and Shane. Now with one half of that dark and light equation factored out it'll be interesting how his choices might change in the future. In the comic world, Shane right now is a lot like how Ric is way down the road... It took Ric a whole lot more mental anguish to get there.
            i dont know if you caught talking dead. but, ian scott from anthrax was bang on with every point he made.

also, the show has quite a few comparisons with lost. that randall guy is a young ben linus.

btw, t-dog either needs to get a story line, even a small side one, or be killed off. i mean he's had little screen time and i don't think he's said a word since they pulled that slimy fat fucker out of the well. I completely forgot about him until i saw him in that meeting about randall.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Never watched Lost. It was a popular show though so i can understand why they're want to offer a similar style of story telling.

T-Dog is hanging around for an epic death either via a zombie mob or by Darryl's brother Merle's hand. That's my theory... Merle could even be in that rival group of 30. Anyway, not everybody needs a storyline. Most of Hershal's family say like five words per episode... Of course they'll probably all be devoured by zombies too.

Comment

Never watched Lost. It was a popular show though so i can understand why they're want to offer a similar style of story telling.

T-Dog is hanging around for an epic death either via a zombie mob or by Darryl's brother Merle's hand. That's my theory... Merle could even be in that rival group of 30. Anyway, not everybody needs a storyline. Most of Hershal's family say like five words per episode... Of course they'll probably all be devoured by zombies too.
                you've never seen lost, man you missed out. you should check it out.

anyways, herschell or hershall w/e family is relatively new and maggie has a continuing story line with glenn, otis' wife had/has one. i mean they might be small, but t-dog has had absolutely none. he might have one coming up seeing as him and dale we're pretty tight.

Comment

• I know how it all ends in Lost so that pretty much kills any slight shred of interest.

Comment

I know how it all ends in Lost so that pretty much kills any slight shred of interest.
                    no, trustme. you have to see it. it's so twisted. absolutely nothing would lead you towards that ending.

Comment

• wtf is shane doing. i understand killing him, but just leaving the body. what gives?

how does he expect to get away with it.

Comment

• ok im officially confusion.

Comment

• should have kept shane around longer or zombie shane would have been interesting.

I'd prolly be more accepting to the fact if they hadn't of killed 2 lead characters in back to back episodes.

Comment

• Shane died very, very, early in the comics. I'm glad he's out of the picture. A herd of zombies will be what they have to deal with next week. Finally we're going to get to some really good old fashioned "night of the living dead" stuff.

Comment

• i wonder if rick had of just ended up killing randy,all problems with shane would have been solved.

carl is the cause of a lot of problems, but, he has nobody else to hang around. so, hes going to wander off.

its hard to imagine how much longer they can stay on this farm. i mean there isnt much more that can be that compelling on the farm.

unless some of them get stranded somewhere for a while.

Comment

• Rick's wife had that talk with Shane. That's what set him off the deep end. The prisoner turned into a good excuse to get Rick alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X