Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *SPOILER ALERT-INCLUDING COMICS*

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

mid season premiere was a bit of letdown considering how amazing this season has been... alot of yelling for no reason, alot of created drama that will go nowhere because they're effing around with pretty clear cut plot lines...

and crazy rick............ ugh... that was horrible

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    mid season premiere was a bit of letdown considering how amazing this season has been... alot of yelling for no reason, alot of created drama that will go nowhere because they're effing around with pretty clear cut plot lines...

and crazy rick............ ugh... that was horrible
    I didn't mind it actually. Then again I didn't watch any of the marathon they had going. So, it wasn't fresh in my head.

Post Thanks / Like

the BIGGEST problem i had was the ending...

without spoiling it for anyone...

there was no build up to the cliff hanger.... it was like BAM! all of the sudden that happens.. cut to credits..

i sat there bewildered for a a few minutes thinking "oh my god... the walking dead guys have no idea how to write horror... they only know how to do zombie makeup"

there should have been a slow burn build up to that... hints throughout the episode... red herrings.. there's a certain way you incorporate THAT into a story... and it's not the same as a jump scare..

Post Thanks / Like

If you're referring to lori...It freaked me out.

Tonights episode was good. Though, the merle and daryll on their own story line could have lasted a nother episode. It seemed kind of rushed, the whole thing. But, I guess it's to show how ruthless and reckless the Governor is.

Also, Heinz. Don't worry about spoiling it. It says spoiler alert int the thread title in capitals. If people that are not up to date are actually stupid enough to check the latest pots and even go as far as to get angry at you for "spoling" it. Tell them to GTFO!
    Last edited by LBF; Mon Feb 18th, 2013 at 12:54 AM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

I got back into this show the past couple of months. Catching up through the awful, awful first half of season 2 was a slog and required much fast-forwarding. But, the end of that season and the first part of this year have been entertaining.

Last night reminded me why I stopped watching this show after episode 3 in year one. Too slow pacing (ruined the entire "Andrea returns" sequence), scenes that go on way too long (the final scene with Andrea and the Gov that loses all its tension), inexplicable subplots that lead nowhere or go in circles (so, Rick's fine again? Merle is back and Andrea is out? What?), pointless, silly filler (Merle is a biblical scholar now?) and dramatic scenes that make you laugh out loud (the Andrea/Afro Samurai "confrontation").

When's the next video game come out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I got back into this show the past couple of months. Catching up through the awful, awful first half of season 2 was a slog and required much fast-forwarding. But, the end of that season and the first part of this year have been entertaining.
    i found with season 2, watching week to week was KILLING ME for the first half... so much so that i gave up on the show, until the season was over... and i had the option of watching enough of each episode to see they didnt find the little girl yet, and skipped to the next episode... right up til they found her... then i watched every episode completely... and didn't lose a single step...

that first half of season 2... didnt even need to happen.. i didnt feel like i lost out on any plot development at all by skipping ahead... the only thing that changed was chinese dude hooked up with farmers daughter...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

...chinese dude hooked up with farmers daughter...
    To quote Darrell:

Quote Darrell wrote:
    He's Korean!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Snizzoop wrote: View Post
    To quote Darrell:
    chinese... korean.... the weird occassion when caucasians have slanted eyes and confuse the crap out of my race detector, like with the UFC fighter Sam Stout.....

they all look the same to me..

Post Thanks / Like

this weeks episode is lookin good.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

chinese... korean.... the weird occassion when caucasians have slanted eyes and confuse the crap out of my race detector, like with the UFC fighter Sam Stout.....

they all look the same to me..

He looks a bit mongolian

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last nights episode was great. Can't wait for the finale.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It better be good. Been waiting for it long enough

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

T'was a good episode. The first good one in about a month. Can't wait for the finale as well.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

According to andrew Lincoln 27 people will die in tonight's episode. I imagine most will be Woodbury extras but you gotta expect a few major deaths.

Post Thanks / Like

So mad...I'm gonna miss the finale tonight. I guess I'll catch up next week but I'm bound to hear some spoilers lol.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Just as soon as Carl becomes badass, he becomes the most hated character again...

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wasn't impressed with the finale... was expecting so much more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    wasn't impressed with the finale... was expecting so much more
    It was underwhelming.

I like the fact that Andrea is gone. She was such an unlikable character in the show and was pretty much one of the stupidest characters on TV.

The prison fight was confusing. When they fled and got out of the trucks there seemed to be a lot fewer people than went in but, but, but..... Glenn and Maggie didn't appear to shoot anyone. In fact, it looked like they were missing on purpose. Now, some of them may have been got by the tomb zombies but it didn't explain the whole "massacre" panic or the missing people. Can anyone explain exactly what happened there? Not sure if it was bad editing or just slippery writing.

It will be interesting to see what the new showrunner/writer does next year. The show has become very religious in many of its themes, particularly in the matter of sin and redemption. Merle's sacrifice redeemed him but he had to die. Shane died badly cause he refused to repent (despite Rick giving him every chance), Andrea died for her betrayals, etc, Lori dies for her sins (Shane) but is redeemed by sacrificing herself for her child, the Woodbury residents suffer for their embrace of evil.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally watched the finale this morning. Thank the lord they killed of Andrea, she was absolutely useless to either side and she made the stupidest of decisions sometimes. How she got bitten made me laugh though. She got out just in time to escape, and yet she still got bitten. On the neck too. Granted she got out literally two seconds before Milton got her, but she could've at least kicked him or something...buy a couple seconds of time.

As for Carl, I just think he's a little bitch now IMO. His dad's power in the group has gotten to his head...I mean shooting a guy in the forest for no reason? Suppose Carl is right and he goes running back to Woodsbury, but what can the Governor do about it? By the time the kid gets back there, Carl and Herschel will have made their way back to the prison. Can't believe his 5-year-old logic worked on Rick lol.

Idk. I found it really underwhelming as well. People say "oh you should appreciate the show for the deeper meaning, and not worry about pointless deaths" when in fact, the whole show is just based around the death of members and how the group will cope without them.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

The show is based on the struggle of trying to regain humanity. That's what Rick is trying to do.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information