A Wing Draft Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Wing Draft Pick

Can we all agree that Harrison Barnes or Perry Jones would be better for the Raptors than Kyrie Irving?

no, we can't

Comment

I think its too early to tell. I'd say get the best player available regardless of position (unless its a PF, then get the next best guy because we have wayyyyyyyyy too many 4s).

Comment

gotta say i dont agree, we need consistency on the pg position and i know kyrie is going to be a deadly pg in time.
        so unless bayless starts showing some sort of consistency like he did today then a fresh pg to run with the young gunz is what we need.

Comment

Jose has been playing like Jose of old.

Comment

Best player available. It is the only way to draft -- especially with a GM like BC. He can't sign free agents, but he can move spare parts like nobody's business.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              Jose has been playing like Jose of old.
              Yes, which means its only a matter of time until Bayless takes over. I like his fire. He always looks pissed - kinda like Ed Davis (the kid never smiles). We need intense players like them. On the other front, Jack is stinking up NO. They've been sliding since he got there!!!

PS> Oh, yeah, my take is to draft the best available players or draft up or down depending on need.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

At the very top end, if there's a clear BPA, you always go with that. If a number of players are equal in the organization's mind, then obviously positional need becomes a tie-breaker. As you get lower in the draft, organizational fit becomes more important. What would be the benefit to drafting a PF who has less upside than Davis (even if he's the BPA for a draft slot)? Where would such a player get minutes? I do believe this team needs a SF more than a PG, but an elite PG/SG/SF would help this team out enormously. (Weak draft for SGs though).

I see there being one group of great players (Jones, Jones, Barnes, Irving and Knight) that the Raptors would definitely take if any are available. Then there's a second group with guys like Honeycutt, Hamilton, Singler, Harris, Walker, Wayns, Nogueira and Valunciunas. A good draft for the Raptors would be one guy from the first group and one from the second. But trading up to get one guy from the first list is better than settling for two from the second.

Comment

I have been semi interested in Enes Kanter lately. This team seems to need a legit center and he is ranked 1st overall for C's in the draft. I think he could be a very good pick up if his knees arnt a liability. He is a huge guy, skilled in the post, very young and still growing. His draft summary says he is a very hard worker too. Could be a great matchup with Bargs down the road. The good thing is with our possition in the draft we could get Kanter and draft a PG like Kemba Walker(for a backup PG) with miamis pick and adress two needs with solid picks. I do like Irving but i dont see the raptors grabbing a top 3 pick and thhese picks seem more realistic at this point.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/enes-kanter
                  http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kemba-walker
                  Last edited by pesterm1; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Yes, which means its only a matter of time until Bayless takes over. I like his fire. He always looks pissed - kinda like Ed Davis (the kid never smiles). We need intense players like them. On the other front, Jack is stinking up NO. They've been sliding since he got there!!!

PS> Oh, yeah, my take is to draft the best available players or draft up or down depending on need.
                    I meant he's playing like Jose a couple years ago which got him the contract. In his 7 starts he's averaging just under 9 assists a game, just under 2 turnovers and shooting over 50% from both 3 and 2. I'd he he improved his defense too from last season.

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    I have been semi interested in Enes Kanter lately. This team seems to need a legit center and he is ranked 1st overall for C's in the draft. I think he could be a very good pick up if his knees arnt a liability. He is a huge guy, skilled in the post, very young and still growing. His draft summary says he is a very hard worker too. Could be a great matchup with Bargs down the road. The good thing is with our possition in the draft we could get Kanter and draft a PG like Kemba Walker(for a backup PG) with miamis pick and adress two needs with solid picks. I do like Irving but i dont see the raptors grabbing a top 3 pick and thhese picks seem more realistic at this point.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/enes-kanter
                    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kemba-walker
                    He his knee probs, there is no way in hell I'd draft him.
                    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I think even though Jose is playing well, it benefits the raptors. Say we dont make the playoffs and we get a good draft pick, we could draft an elite PG like Irving and use Jose as a trade bait to hopefully pick up a Center. I was looking at Gortat as a possible solid Center. What do you guys think???

Comment

Josh Smith?

I think Josh Smith would be an excellent addition to our team .... Atlanta might be looking to save some money (depending on how their season is going) and with our expiring contracts and TPE .... we might be in a good position make a deal ... That being said ... If we can somehow obtain another first round draft pick ... That would give us 3 first rounders ... and hopefully we could use those picks to trade up and get a player like Irving ....

Sonny can go back to the two ... Derozan has not really impressed me .... but because his "potential" is so high ... other GMs might give up something pretty good for him ... I wouldnt trade Demar for the sake of trading him but only if we could get back something interesting ... Im not sold on Demar being a starter in this league ...

Comment

Kyrie Irving has franchise potential. The guy can score, run and offense, and lock down defend opposing teams PG. If the Raps have any chance to take him - get him.

Barnes is looking dreadful- luckily for him it is early. Terrence Jones is looking promising. Not only is he putting up nearly 20 a game, but he also blocks (2.3) and steals (1.4). The Raptors need a two way wing player.

These are all very high draft picks though. I don't think the Raps get one of these players without a trade or luck.

Kanter would be a great mid-late pick up but he won't be around. Too many teams need bigs to pass him up.

If the Raps gets Josh Smith - where does Davis play? He'd be given up in any trade. Personally, I'd like to see Davis develop with this group.

There is no way ORL ever takes on Calderon or gives up Gortat for that matter. Howard can be on the bench with foul trouble any given game.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Kyrie Irving has franchise potential. The guy can score, run and offense, and lock down defend opposing teams PG. If the Raps have any chance to take him - get him.
                            I dont follow college ball much but have seen a couple of videos of Irving. I just love his soft jump shot (from anywhere it seems). Is he comparable to Wall?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              I dont follow college ball much but have seen a couple of videos of Irving. I just love his soft jump shot (from anywhere it seems). Is he comparable to Wall?
                              I would say he is a better basketball player but Wall is the better athlete and is faster. Irving seems to be the complete package.

I have not seen a lot of either of Wall or Iving play. This is only my opinion on the limited action I have seen and plenty I have read.

The thing with Wall is he can always become a better basketball player but with athletic ability it is what you're given so in no way am I saying Irving will be better long term.

Comment

Working...
                              X