No announcement yet.

A Wing Draft Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We basically need an upgrade on all positions, except maybe PF (Amir and Ed depending on how they develop) and starting C (Bargs). Everyone else is not good enough to be starters so I guess that would be PG, SG, SF. Take your pick, I'd go with the best available in those positions.

BTW by upgrade I don't just mean offensively. We most definitely need shooters who can also defend, not just one or the other.

Comment

We need a 3rd point guard and a replacement for Peja. The rest of the team needs a chance to gell, and get better.

Edit: It's too bad we couldn't get Barnes, he's exactly what this team is missing.

edit2: The Raptors should throw the kitchen sink at Chandler in the off-season, since he's a restricted free-agent.
      Last edited by Raptorsss; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 07:33 PM.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        We need a 3rd point guard and a replacement for Peja. The rest of the team needs a chance to gell, and get better.

Edit: It's too bad we couldn't get Barnes, he's exactly what this team is missing.

edit2: The Raptors should throw the kitchen sink at Chandler in the off-season, since he's a restricted free-agent.
        I'm not sure if Barnes is not living up to his hype or if he is not living up to abilities. Either way, the jury is still out.

With regards to Chandler, I am always suspect of a 28 year old with a number of injuries in recent years in a CONTRACT year becoming the player everyone always thought he'd be, again. Also, Cuban has a history of paying for centres - and paying a lot. Now that one is actually earning that pay cheque and he is so highly thought of in DAL, there is no way he leaves DAL if Cuban wants to keep him. CHampionship contending team, play with Dirk, warm weather, no state income tax, Bird rights, an owner who spares no expense - I don't think TOR or any other NBA team has a chance.

Comment

This draft is loaded with guards and Small Forwards, I think it would be a mistake to trade for either using Peja's expiring or the TPE since in all likelyhood we can get a very nice rookie (irrespective of who) at the draft.

P.S. Kanter seems to be the only kegit centre listed at 6'10 +240lbs, he illegibilty for the draft is still unknown after was disqualified to play for Kentucky.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I would say he is a better basketball player but Wall is the better athlete and is faster. Irving seems to be the complete package.
            i think you're selling wall's abilities as a basketball player a little short. he's got great point guard instincts, in addition to his physical tools. he's not like westbrook or rose when they came into the league, for example. incidentally, i think wall has the potential to be the best pg of all the young ones flooding the league right now, irving included.

Comment

i was gonna post a long assed thing about why i'm getting so excited about irving, but draft express just moved him to the # 1 prospect and you should all just read this article: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...e-Irving-3591/

i mentioned it in another thread that got deleted but i think drafting barnes over him (no matter who's got the pick) reminds me of marvin wiliiams over deron williams or chris paul.

Comment

re: what's wrong with barnes - everything i've read tells me he just doesn't have 'it' (yes i realize what a worthless term that is,). by all accounts he's a really nice guy, super coachable, extremely physically gifted (hey just like marvin williams), but the teams gameplan is to pound it inside to zeller and henson and he's too nice of a guy to deviate from that and doesn't have the killer instinct to take over. plus he's shooting like dog shit.

re: perry jones - everything i've heard about him reminds me of earl clarke. skills and physical tools to make scouts and coaches drool, but doesn't give a shit about basketball enough to even be a good high school player (which he wasn't). sounds risky!

Comment

Working...
                X