Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Wing Draft Pick

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i was gonna post a long assed thing about why i'm getting so excited about irving, but draft express just moved him to the # 1 prospect and you should all just read this article: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...e-Irving-3591/

i mentioned it in another thread that got deleted but i think drafting barnes over him (no matter who's got the pick) reminds me of marvin wiliiams over deron williams or chris paul.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

re: what's wrong with barnes - everything i've read tells me he just doesn't have 'it' (yes i realize what a worthless term that is,). by all accounts he's a really nice guy, super coachable, extremely physically gifted (hey just like marvin williams), but the teams gameplan is to pound it inside to zeller and henson and he's too nice of a guy to deviate from that and doesn't have the killer instinct to take over. plus he's shooting like dog shit.

re: perry jones - everything i've heard about him reminds me of earl clarke. skills and physical tools to make scouts and coaches drool, but doesn't give a shit about basketball enough to even be a good high school player (which he wasn't). sounds risky!

Thread Information