Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IND post game

Wow.... this was tough to watch.

Positive: They didn't quit, however, it was far from inspiring and far from intelligent basketball. Sad when this is all the positive I can find. Oh yeah, and Amir.

Negative: They got down by 28 to begin with and then when they get it back to 15 in the 3rd, they get in to a jump shooting game with IND. IND was making - and missing! - a bunch of jumpers and TOR was happy to come down and whoever had the ball played 1-on-1 or no-pass and shoot. Awful. Weems was the biggest culprit. This was a selfish game from TOR's vantage point.

Triano got out-coached again tonight. Not so much during the game - but yes, that too - but the preparation. This team was not prepared. They all have the same game tape. Obviously O'Brien and his staff did a better job. Also, did TOR learn nothing about guarding the 3pt shot versus the Knicks??

Who did Bargnani piss off? They were playing keep away with him in the first half and then Bargnani in the middle for the 3rd quarter. However, he did nothing to show he deserved the ball. Welcome back to 4 rebs a game, Andrea. Play aggressive and go after the ball every night and you will be an All-Star.

Weems played awful. Too many jump shots when he did drive and dunk - Granger went back and scored in 3 secs as he did his victory run down the court.

Johnson played great - again.

Calderon did a great job of knocking down his shots tonight. Unfortunately, I thought he looked for himself first. He did not take charge and set the offense nor the tone or tempo. As PG that is his job and tonight he was all about the jumper. There is a time to put pick up the scoring slack but tonight it was to get the team on the same page - he didn't.

Bayless was no better at running the team tonight - probably worse, scary thought

Barbosa is becoming the Brazilian Black-Hole.

Kleiza - Despite 12 points, played crap. 4 TO's. 12 shots of which 5 were hit and none were really within the flow of the game - outside of a couple of lucky bounces to him.

DeRozan? Did he play? Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Zero. Blend in to the background. That was DeMar tonight.

Davis continues his solid play - although tonight he showed he needs work outside 5 feet on his offensive game, but that will come.

Bottom line: Consistency, or a lack thereof, seems to be the ongoing battle this year. For the manics among us, it might be time to get a script from your doctor. Might be a long year, full of ups and downs.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 10:41 PM.

At this rate, with the awful play of our SF's, Peja will be starting when he's healthy enough to play! Tonight was a disaster for anyone pretending they were playing the SF position (Weems, Kleiza, DeRozan).

Comment

Sonny took 10 shots in 19 minutes but Andrea who is our best score, took 11 in 31 minutes. JT gotta grow a pair and let them know who is the first option in the offence. I don't think Bayless gave the ball to Andrea at all. Andrea has to play on the post more. Amir was good but he gotta know when he is hot and when he is not; IND kept giving him the long twos and took them all. Davis gotta play more as well, I think raptors used Kleiza on 4 for a while which didn't turn out well.

Comment

Nah i disagree on the Jose part, the whole team was juss dead tonight its hard to create anything when u have guys like Weems attempting to take retarded shots, and guys like bargs getting the ball and then juss passing it back . Don't get me wrong he still could've played better at the point, but considering how the everyone else was playing it juss made more sense for him to look for his shot especially he was hitting them compared to everyone else but Barbosa and Amir

Comment

I'm okay with Weems taking jump shots as long as he's in rhythm and not creating on his own. Last year, he was successful when he was coming off of a screen or if someone created for him. This year he tries to break his man down and force some ugly pull up. Clearly he needs his role re-defined for him.

Comment

AJM wrote: View Post
            Sonny took 10 shots in 19 minutes but Andrea who is our best score, took 11 in 31 minutes. JT gotta grow a pair and let them know who is the first option in the offence. I don't think Bayless gave the ball to Andrea at all. Andrea has to play on the post more. Amir was good but he gotta know when he is hot and when he is not; IND kept giving him the long twos and took them all. Davis gotta play more as well, I think raptors used Kleiza on 4 for a while which didn't turn out well.
            Johnson made 7 of 13 FGAs. Calderon was the only other Raptors player to make at least 50% of their FGAs except for Wright who was 1 for 1.

If the rest of team had shot as well as Johnson the Raptors might have won.

I have no problem with somebody taking 13 FGA in 28 minutes if they make over half of them.

I thought he played well considering this was the second of a back to back and on the road.
            Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon Dec 6, 2010, 11:33 PM.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Well, we got to think positive and it's a good thing Amir is doing well. Now if he has the swagger he'll be great. He can carry the team on his shoulder and be the team leader (hopefully). Wonder if he will ever become the special player that Larry Brown thought he will become.

Comment

I have no problem with somebody taking 13 FGA in 28 minutes if they make over half of them
                I have no problem with him taking long two when he is hot, like yesterday when he was making them but today he wasn't. It's one thing to take shots close to the basket and miss, but when he is taking them from that far with no one covering him he better makes them. there is reason he was open. Overall he played well.

Comment

AJM wrote: View Post
                  I have no problem with him taking long two when he is hot, like yesterday when he was making them but today he wasn't. It's one thing to take shots close to the basket and miss, but when he is taking them from that far with no one covering him he better makes them. there is reason he was open. Overall he played well.
                  Maybe if the game was close and other Raptors were making shots I would agree with you.

He is shooting close to 50% on the season on his FG attempts from more 16 feet

It wasn't like one or two shots was going to make difference in this game.

He needs to keep shooting these.

Better for the team and better for him.

By comparison Bargnani is shooting 42% in the same range
                  Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Dec 7, 2010, 12:12 AM.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Im just wondering how all these no name players look like All Stars when they play against us??

Triano defently needs to go back to the drawing board... Its about time he starts giving the reigns to Derozan and find out what he can do. Run the offence through him for a quarter a half a game let him take the ball at the top and run pick and rolls with bargnani and johnson having him stand at the 3 point line is so usless. Clearly Triano needs new contacts because its been 20+ games and he never calls any plays for Derozan. Let the ball be in his hands and have jose spot up at the 3 point line it doesnt take a genious to try something new... IF it doesnt work what do you loose a few buckets a game.. Look at a player like tyreke evans he has the ball in his hands over half the game and they let him run pick and rolls os he can use his athletcismmm ....... i think its demar time .. cuz we need to find out if he can produce otherwise we need to trade for another shooter because teams are just clogging the lane daring us to shoot.

Comment

DeRozan is so passive lately that if we try to run plays for him, he'll either just a) pass it out on a half-assed drive attempt, b) get stripped on a drive or c) get blocked. I don't think running plays through DeRozan is the answer to our struggles.

Comment

Ind ran good sets and Toronto didn't hit there shots it's not like they didn't have good looks either. Teams are not going to let u get to the basket especially when your not hitting your open jumpers

Comment

This game was lost by our defense in the first 20 minutes. I already stated my opinion of Weems' defense in another thread, he was brutal against Granger, did not do enough to put pressure on him at all. Overall the effort wasn't terrible but you have to play intelligent basketball to have a chance on the road. Raptors' coverage of three-point shooting is a real problem, if they get spread out by a well-spaced team, they have serious close-out issues. Weak side help is too great and there's some unnecessary doubling going on that doesn't make sense, Raptors need to stick on man-defense or some sort of zone so that they don't have to bring in help from all over the place, because when they face teams that spread and pass, it's over.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                            This game was lost by our defense in the first 20 minutes. I already stated my opinion of Weems' defense in another thread, he was brutal against Granger, did not do enough to put pressure on him at all. Overall the effort wasn't terrible but you have to play intelligent basketball to have a chance on the road. Raptors' coverage of three-point shooting is a real problem, if they get spread out by a well-spaced team, they have serious close-out issues. Weak side help is too great and there's some unnecessary doubling going on that doesn't make sense, Raptors need to stick on man-defense or some sort of zone so that they don't have to bring in help from all over the place, because when they face teams that spread and pass, it's over.
                            I was surprised that the Raptors didn't use more zone in the last two games especially with the personnel that they have and who they were playing against.

The big problem with playing the zone is usually defensive rebounding so maybe without Evans Triano didn't want to give up too many offensive rebounds. It seems to me that his choice was not the wisest.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              I was surprised that the Raptors didn't use more zone in the last two games especially with the personnel that they have and who they were playing against.

The big problem with playing the zone is usually defensive rebounding so maybe without Evans Triano didn't want to give up too many offensive rebounds. It seems to me that his choice was not the wisest.
                              Probably because the 3 ball is what killed them tonight. Zone would have made it worse.

I'm glad they continued to play hard, it's rough when your shot isn't falling to keep your energy level high and I think they did an ok job at that. 24 point loss though? unacceptable. defense needed to be applied in order to stay in games where you can't shoot. heck, why do they even practice half-court sets? If they just practiced defense, then they could fast-break the entire game and win that way.

what a rollercoaster ride with these guys

Comment

Working...
                              X