Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Okay I will spell it out.

Davis
    ----------
    1. Father played 10 seasons in the NBA
    2. Went to an elite college
    3. Was part of an elite NCAA basketball program for two years
    4. Was a lottery pick
    5. Showing a bit of an elitist attitude.

Rookies should keep their mouths shut if they can't say something postive

Johnson
    ------------
    1. Inner city kid
    2. No college
    3. Late second round pick
    4. Works hard never complains
    5. Has a very positive attitude
    6. Is appreciative sometimes in spades for what the NBA has given him

If Davis can't handle two games in the D-league without complaining how is he going to handle difficult times in the NBA? I wonder.

You can say what you want about Johnson but he is a hard working kid, who doesn't complain, knows his place and is grateful for whatever largesse is bestowed on him.

P.S. He also has a sense of humor that many enjoy. I think he learned a bit from Sheed.

Davis still has some growing up to do. I sense some Bosh attitude in Davis comments.

Just saying since you asked.
    Ugh, that's some really strong allegations and negative speculative comments based on his reaction to having to live in a shitty hotel for a few days. Why do I feel this thread would not exist if Ed didn't happen to be the guy who was going to gobble up Amir Johnson's PT and eventually make him an expendable redundant piece?

I sense you're getting worried about Amir's longevity with the Raptors...

Oh and one more thing. The greatest player of this era grew up in a privileged pro basketball family. He turned out pretty darn good judging by his hardware collection.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Dec 8, 2010, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Never saw or took it that way from the feature on TV, but I do remember feeling a bit 'uncomfortable' for him when he mentioned the tube TV and asked about the fridge on the dresser. I guess growing up he was never exposed to such poverty as a tube tv, but hopefully its just a blip and its not reflective of his ball playing attitude. I did hear one time though that his practice gear/speed is not as high as his game gear, which i found a bit worrysome.... just dont want to hear another interview of someone saying " ..it's practice.....practice..not a game....practice ".
      Like i said, never thought of it that way before, but Buddah does have a point.

Comment

You guys realize its TV right? TV -- the same medium where "reality tv" is often scripted. Also, If you read one of the articles above this post thoroughly the coach told him "that he never wants to coach him again." Just sayin'...not sure there's a gunman behind the grassy knoll.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
          my facebook and twitter pages are pretty much my day to day journal of how epic my pooping is. so, ya. complaining about hating where i'd be forced to spend a week probably would happen.
          I feel for Ed Davis though. I remember having to spend a couple of weeks at a Best western while some repairs were being done to the house. That is some depressing shit. I couldn't hack traveling by bus to backwater towns and staying in nasty motels and eating at crappy restaurants. Man, I'd want to leave that crap behind as soon as possible too. When you dream of the NBA you don't think about this kind of stuff.

Speaking of epic pooping, last night I ate this really spicy chana curry...
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
            I feel for Ed Davis though. I remember having to spend a couple of weeks at a Best western while some repairs were being done to the house. That is some depressing shit. I couldn't hack traveling by bus to backwater towns and staying in nasty motels and eating at crappy restaurants. Man, I'd want to leave that crap behind as soon as possible too. When you dream of the NBA you don't think about this kind of stuff.

Speaking of epic pooping, last night I ate this really spicy chana curry...
            now you're talking my language.. i just killed off some curry turkey. thats right, TURKEY. brilliant stuff.

i agree with you, man. living in hotels/motels is CRAP... spending a holiday at IHOP, even crappier. i do want some pancakes though

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Maybe Sioux Falls is much nicer than Fort Wayne?... What's the point if this thread again?
              A Typicall shamelss promotion for Amir and Co by Buddah. Buddah is getting riped off if he is not getting paid by Amir 3000 for all these PR

By the way Buddah, What happened to the ALL-STAR Bayless tonight again ?

Felton made a fool of him few times tonight.

Comment

Working...
              X