TJ Speaks Out About Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Speaks Out About Raptors

“What did I learn playing in Toronto? I learned you don’t believe a lot of what people say, because this is a business,” Ford said. “I learned not every relationship you have is a friendship in this league . . . And I learned to believe in yourself, no matter what. You’ve got to believe in yourself—organizations stop (believing) in a heartbeat.”
    “Me and Jose, think about it—give me a better NBA tandem in the last 10 years,” said Ford, who had four points and six assists off the bench on Monday. “The only thing they could have done different, they probably had an opportunity to play us together more.”
    “You can’t take things personally. And I took a lot of stuff personally in Toronto,” Ford said. “I mean, I think I was the fall guy for everything in Toronto. But it was hard and it was frustrating because I gave Toronto my all, every night, whether it was good or bad.”
    “I guess you could say we, uh, grew apart,” Ford said of Bosh. “No bad blood. We never got into any argument. Sometimes that’s how relationships end up. There’s really no answer about what happened. It just happened . . . That’s part of the NBA. It’s a business.”
    Source: The Star

I read the same article and I found it very surprising. I would have never suspected that TJ would say any of that. I appreciate that he was frank. The main story line for almost 2 seasons was who of TJ and Jose should start, that they couldn't co-exist together and that TJ had to start or he would sulk and throw a hissy fit. From this interview, it seems like he liked playing with Jose. The sports media really pounces on stories, and I wonder if they just fabricate and perpetuate stuff that doesn't really exist. I will always remember the game in Atlanta where TJ got blind-sided and landed on his head. I don't think he was ever the same after that. It also seems like Mr. Bosh's ego demands he have more of a jet set friendly set of acquaintances.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

TJ has always worn his heart on his sleeve. It's what got him in hot water with the media and they essentially turned most of the fans against him. I've always like TJ. He's tough, he's brave and he has a killer instinct. It's too bad that he has that spinal condition because since having his multiple scares with it he's never been the same. I can't fault him on it either. He's been through some extremely scary on court episodes. Atlanta as you mentioned being one of them.

Comment

Man, I can never forgive Horford for that flagrant on TJ. that changed the course of the entire franchise.

Then again, i can't forgive TJ for his breakdown in Utah which also changed the course of the franchise....damn green jerseys

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          TJ has always worn his heart on his sleeve. It's what got him in hot water with the media and they essentially turned most of the fans against him. I've always like TJ. He's tough, he's brave and he has a killer instinct. It's too bad that he has that spinal condition because since having his multiple scares with it he's never been the same. I can't fault him on it either. He's been through some extremely scary on court episodes. Atlanta as you mentioned being one of them.
          +1

Comment

the media def. wouldnt leave this Jose/TJ thing alone.. I always liked TJ... he fits the slogan "Built Ford tough" better then the vehicles do...i think it was a good decision to trade him at the time but not for what we got....alot of teams were interested in him too & we ended up getting a washed up J.O who is basicly an older & a bit more physical Bosh.....with huge injury issues... what a waste!..
            Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Dec 8, 2010, 08:41 PM.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
              ... It also seems like Mr. Bosh's ego demands he have more of a jet set friendly set of acquaintances.
              I noticed that too, TJ and Bosh were supposed to be best pals, etc..and in the end CB seemed to want no part of TJ. And the same it seems went for Jarrett too, supposed to be Bosh's 'boy' from school, but CB didnt really 'hang' with JJ either. Come to think of it, CB never actually chilled with anyone on the team at all regularly in his time here. Nothing to do with basketball, but being the team captain he seemed so far apart from the rest of the team.

Comment

rupaul is known for being quite the diva.

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
                  I noticed that too, TJ and Bosh were supposed to be best pals, etc..and in the end CB seemed to want no part of TJ. And the same it seems went for Jarrett too, supposed to be Bosh's 'boy' from school, but CB didnt really 'hang' with JJ either. Come to think of it, CB never actually chilled with anyone on the team at all regularly in his time here. Nothing to do with basketball, but being the team captain he seemed so far apart from the rest of the team.
                  Yo man, don't you know, CB likes chilling in Miami. that's what he told the media : " Spoelstra wants us to work, we want to chill". Take a peek at Heinz's avatar to help with the definition of "chill"

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    Man, I can never forgive Horford for that flagrant on TJ. that changed the course of the entire franchise.

Then again, i can't forgive TJ for his breakdown in Utah which also changed the course of the franchise....damn green jerseys
                    I forgive him. I think it was an accident and the way TJ played it was bound to happen sometime anyway. He played with wreckless abandonment. The guy was absolutely fearless ha, ha. Loved it while it lasted.

Comment

TJ remains one of my all-time fav Raptors to this day. Coincidence that his two years here were the two years that we made the playoffs? I think not.

Comment

I'll never forget the first season where when Bosh was shut down for December and TJ carried them successfully through a west coast swing short handed. He played out of his mind. A total beast.

Comment

Tj's spark and fire in the first half balanced by Jose's steady hand and court/clock management in the 2nd half was a perfect combo. too bad it didnt work out.

Comment

I remember that West coast swing, TJ had a fast break opportunity, 1 on 1 with Kobe vs. the Lakers. T.J. saw Kobe and went straight at him and tried to dunk on him! Kobe blocked him with his elbow, but the intent to do some damage in Staples Centre was there, so awesome!

Comment

Paul Jones: TJ Ford says he gave Toronto everything he had and there was never any animosity between the players. Still keeps in touch with many of them
                              Source: HoopsHype.com

Comment

Working...
                              X