Captain Cuervo or Captain Grappa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Cuervo or Captain Grappa

Since the departure of "captain"..ahem...Jack, the Raptors are without a definite Captain. I notice when Danny got introduced in Indy, they made a point of calling him the team captain.

So, as far as I can tell, for us it's a case of either Jose or Bargs? I would say Jose would be the best, since he is very vocal and a floor general.

What do you guys think?

I don't think either of those guys are cut out to be good captains. I good captain needs to be able to bring in on both sides of the court in my opinion.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I don't think either of those guys are cut out to be good captains. I good captain needs to be able to bring in on both sides of the court in my opinion.
      Do you think there is anyone of "captainship" calibre on the Raps? I think Jarryd has possiblities. Or Reg...tear...

Comment

love him or hate him... i think jose is the closest thing we got to captain... there may be others on the team who can be a good leader some day but no one shows more heart & enthusiasm on the floor for this team then Jose...(maybe reggie) Jose may not be a great defender or an elite PG but no one can question his passion....besides how many 9mill. PG in the league pass out the gaterade at the half...LOL
        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Dec 8, 2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

LOL, good point, hes like "hey, do you wanna alemon, or anorange"....pause...cue shot of Andrea eating banana..

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
            love him or hate him... i think jose is the closest thing we got to captain... there may be others on the team who can be a good leader some day but no one shows more heart & enthusiasm on the floor for this team then Jose...(maybe reggie) Jose may not be a great defender or an elite PG but no one can question his passion....besides how many 9mill. PG in the league pass out the gaterade at the half...LOL
            id have to agree with you on that one but i dont think anybody can actually pinpoint any one player on this team who is. seems to me like theres a new leader every night on this team. ive seen reggie take control of the game with his hustle and leadership on some nights but then theres others where bargs takes over and even shown some swagger while doing it.
            while there are alot of "strong" voices inside that locker room there are deffinately no definitive ones. the dealing of jack in turn dumps more of the responsibility role on jose though and so far hes been doing an alright job at it but still needs to step it up a bit in my mind if hes going to take the reigns from "captain jack" for good.
            but youre right handing out gatorade is deffinately moving him up the ranks LOL

Comment

Ed Davis in a couple of years, I don't think we'll find a smarter player who plays strong D and has decent offense. He is our PF for the next decade I hope.

Comment

blaze89 wrote: View Post
                id have to agree with you on that one but i dont think anybody can actually pinpoint any one player on this team who is. seems to me like theres a new leader every night on this team. ive seen reggie take control of the game with his hustle and leadership on some nights but then theres others where bargs takes over and even shown some swagger while doing it.
                while there are alot of "strong" voices inside that locker room there are deffinately no definitive ones. the dealing of jack in turn dumps more of the responsibility role on jose though and so far hes been doing an alright job at it but still needs to step it up a bit in my mind if hes going to take the reigns from "captain jack" for good.
                but youre right handing out gatorade is deffinately moving him up the ranks LOL
                heres the real question..... can a captain be a good captain when every ship he's captained sank?

Captain Jack.... is just as bad a nickname as Money Weems! both imply there somthing there not.....!

the only thing jack is leading is the blind, or maybe times traded for a PG

Jose has at least had some success at the helm....

being the hot hand on a given night does not make u leader of a team...only the possibilty of leading the stat. sheet. Bargs is as much a leader as he is a defender..

as much as i think Jose is leader of this team right now...id still move him in a heart beat to rid us of his long term obligation...9mill is tooo rich for my blood...i think with every passing day hes healthy its going to be alot easier to move him aswell
                Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Dec 8, 2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  Ed Davis in a couple of years, I don't think we'll find a smarter player who plays strong D and has decent offense. He is our PF for the next decade I hope.
                  Ah "Real Man Love"

One good thing if Davis ever becomes the Captain. We all know that the Raptors won't be playing any exhibition games in Erie during his time as the captain.

Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Dec 8, 2010, 06:13 PM.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    Ah "Real Man Love"

One good thing if Davis ever becomes the Captain. We all know that the Raptors won't be playing any exhibition games in Erie during his time as the captain.

Ahh man...too bad there are no players in the NBA with the last name Morgan, that could be gold

http://www.nba.com/players/

Comment

There's only one captain of Buddah's heart - and that's Amir Johnson.

I agree with DoNDaDDa, it should be Jose. He is the longest tenured, the quarterback of the team, has a positive attitude and plays with passion. Plus, he's not a scientologist, freemason or illuminati.
                      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        heres the real question..... can a captain be a good captain when every ship he's captained sank?

Captain Jack.... is just as bad a nickname as Money Weems! both inply there somthing there not.....!

the only thing jack is leading is the blind, or maybe times traded for a PG

Jose has at least had some success at the helm....

being the hot hand on a given night does not make u leader of a team...only the possibilty of leading the stat. sheet. Bargs is as much a leader as he is a defender..

as much as i think Jose is leader of this team right now...id still move him in a heart beat to rid us of his long term obligation...9mill is tooo rich for my blood...i think with every passing day hes healthy its going to be alot easier to move him aswell
                        youre right on that having a hot hand on a given night doesnt make them a leader jose just needs to step up his game a bit to solidify his leadership role and to justisy his atrocious contract (still cant sleep at night when i think of it). but, like you id get rid of him in a heartbeat if we could get some descent return for him, i just hope he keeps playing the way he is and hopefully he can step it up a bit
                        Last edited by blaze89; Wed Dec 8, 2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                          Ahh man...too bad there are no players in the NBA with the last name Morgan, that could be gold

http://www.nba.com/players/

Rex 1971-72

Guy 1983-83
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                          X