Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Solomon Alabi Recalled from D-League

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Solomon Alabi Recalled from D-League

Just announced that Solomon Alabi has been recalled from D-League.

Is a trade in the works and we need him for numbers? Are we giving in on the season and starting to tank? We were told that he is a long term project who is very raw...and yet we are calling him up? Doesn't he need minutes?

What is everyones thoughts on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm.... These Raps have me ***... What the heck?!

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

very strange....

either were very desperate or something is in the works....not sure what to think...maybe the towel boy quit & we needed a quick replacement..

its prob just a coincidence but were playing Denver on friday & isnt there GM our former Assistant GM.. who pushed for BC to draft Alabi.....Maybe Denver wants him... or wants to see him in action?
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Dec 9th, 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Definitely can't figure this one out.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

I read a rumor on Yahoo! sports (sorry, no link) that Denver has decided they will trade Anthony unless he signs a contract extension soon (by February at the latest). Perhaps BC is trying to get involved in a multi-team trade, with Alabi going to Denver? All just speculation, of course, but the Uriji connection would make some sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I read a rumor on Yahoo! sports (sorry, no link) that Denver has decided they will trade Anthony unless he signs a contract extension soon (by February at the latest). Perhaps BC is trying to get involved in either a multi-team trade, with Alabi going to Denver? All just speculation, of course, but the Uriji connection would make some sense.
    heres to hoping we can flip Peja for Melo! LOL..

or maybe jose/Klieza/Alabi+TPE for Billups/Nene LOL....
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Dec 9th, 2010 at 02:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    heres to hoping we can flip Peja for Melo! LOL..
    haha I had no delusions that Toronto would be the team landing Melo! lol

Post Thanks / Like

haha I had no delusions that Toronto would be the team landing Melo! lol
    ya i know but if im going to dream might as well dream big right LOL

Post Thanks / Like

ya i know but if im going to dream might as well dream big right LOL
    Me thinks we just crossed that line from legitimate speculation to mid-afternoon day dreams...

Post Thanks / Like

Me thinks we just crossed that line from legitimate speculation to mid-afternoon day dreams...
    i was just pissing in the wind with my trade spec. i hope you never thought i was actually implying it could happen...

but it is after all "The NBA Where Amazing Happens" LOL

Post Thanks / Like

i was just pissing in the wind with my trade spec. i hope you never thought i was actually implying it could happen...

but it is after all "The NBA Where Amazing Happens" LOL
    No of course not, you seem to be one of the more realistic posters on here lol

I could certainly see Denver targeting Alabi though, so who knows what might be brewing, small or large scale

Post Thanks / Like

They can send him down up to three times in the season, I think. Maybe this is just giving him a chance to keep in touch with the coaches and his teammates?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote from Triano:
    “Part of it is we want to keep in touch with him, have him work with our coaches and have him be up here with us and with the team and not to lose that connection with the team that he has here,” said said Raptors head coach Jay Triano after practice on Thursday.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

finally!

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Quote from Triano:
    “Part of it is we want to keep in touch with him, have him work with our coaches and have him be up here with us and with the team and not to lose that connection with the team that he has here,” said said Raptors head coach Jay Triano after practice on Thursday.
    Yes, but I wonder what the other part is? Peja sitting out with a "swollen knee" and now Alabi recalled. It does seem like something is in the works. Or maybe Alabi is just really fun at Christmas parties.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Post Thanks / Like

Alabi just wasn't getting enough playing time down in the D league. Seems that because he already has a contract in the NBA they wanted to play others so scouts could see them and maybe offer them an NBA contract. It also seems that down in the D league it is all about guard play and playing small more then it is playing with the bigs. Solo was only getting maybe 10 or less touches a game!! The Raptor's figured that with the playing time down in the D league he might as well come up here and work with the Raptor coach's and against NBA talent during practices anyways!!

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I want to see Alabi play some minutes in the big leagues. Clearly this season is not so much about wins but finding out who and what you've got. It's easy to argue Alabi is raw and not play him. To bones with that I say! Let the man play! Few things are as interesting in the NBA then watching young players find their feet. It's not like this season isn't about exactly that.

As far as trades go, I think there's definitely something in the works. Regardless of whether Alabi is involved or not. Have people forgotten who our GM is? The guy would trade his mother for a bag of high quality flour. If he can't make anything with the flour, he'll just make another trade with his cousin to get his mother back. No problem. Nothing is untradeable.

Given that Ujiri will be here for a few days, recalling Alabi could purely be a way for them to meet for dinner, or something like that. Obviously there is a connection, they're friends etc... Could be just a, "hey, Solomon. Come on back for a while. Masai's in town. Let's see what you've picked up the past few weeks in the D."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Personally I want to see Alabi play some minutes in the big leagues. Clearly this season is not so much about wins but finding out who and what you've got. It's easy to argue Alabi is raw and not play him. To bones with that I say! Let the man play! Few things are as interesting in the NBA then watching young players find their feet. It's not like this season isn't about exactly that.
    "
    This season isn't a write off yet. I would say wins are important and playoffs aren't a stretch. Alabi should stick to the bench.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Doug Smith mentioned this morning that the coaches down in the d-league have their own agenda and don't give players the time to help develop them. They want to win and make it to the big leagues. show that htye're good and get a job in the NBA. All the players have that mindset to. it's hard to watch their games because they're all in it for themselves. At least being in the NBA will give Solomon some good one on one time with coaches and real competition to practise against. No one down there is even close to his height and it's a joke for him. Sure he could score but he's being guarded by people half a foot shorter than he is.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want to imply I think this season is a write off. Not at all: I want the team as much as possible to try to win, and I think they can win their fair share.

I just like it when rookies get playing time. Doesn't have to be a lot, and it doesn't have to be at important times, but some. Against other NBA players in NBA games.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information