No announcement yet.

Solomon Alabi Recalled from D-League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alabi just wasn't getting enough playing time down in the D league. Seems that because he already has a contract in the NBA they wanted to play others so scouts could see them and maybe offer them an NBA contract. It also seems that down in the D league it is all about guard play and playing small more then it is playing with the bigs. Solo was only getting maybe 10 or less touches a game!! The Raptor's figured that with the playing time down in the D league he might as well come up here and work with the Raptor coach's and against NBA talent during practices anyways!!

Comment

Personally I want to see Alabi play some minutes in the big leagues. Clearly this season is not so much about wins but finding out who and what you've got. It's easy to argue Alabi is raw and not play him. To bones with that I say! Let the man play! Few things are as interesting in the NBA then watching young players find their feet. It's not like this season isn't about exactly that.

As far as trades go, I think there's definitely something in the works. Regardless of whether Alabi is involved or not. Have people forgotten who our GM is? The guy would trade his mother for a bag of high quality flour. If he can't make anything with the flour, he'll just make another trade with his cousin to get his mother back. No problem. Nothing is untradeable.

Given that Ujiri will be here for a few days, recalling Alabi could purely be a way for them to meet for dinner, or something like that. Obviously there is a connection, they're friends etc... Could be just a, "hey, Solomon. Come on back for a while. Masai's in town. Let's see what you've picked up the past few weeks in the D."

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
        Personally I want to see Alabi play some minutes in the big leagues. Clearly this season is not so much about wins but finding out who and what you've got. It's easy to argue Alabi is raw and not play him. To bones with that I say! Let the man play! Few things are as interesting in the NBA then watching young players find their feet. It's not like this season isn't about exactly that.
        "
        This season isn't a write off yet. I would say wins are important and playoffs aren't a stretch. Alabi should stick to the bench.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Doug Smith mentioned this morning that the coaches down in the d-league have their own agenda and don't give players the time to help develop them. They want to win and make it to the big leagues. show that htye're good and get a job in the NBA. All the players have that mindset to. it's hard to watch their games because they're all in it for themselves. At least being in the NBA will give Solomon some good one on one time with coaches and real competition to practise against. No one down there is even close to his height and it's a joke for him. Sure he could score but he's being guarded by people half a foot shorter than he is.

Comment

I didn't want to imply I think this season is a write off. Not at all: I want the team as much as possible to try to win, and I think they can win their fair share.

I just like it when rookies get playing time. Doesn't have to be a lot, and it doesn't have to be at important times, but some. Against other NBA players in NBA games.

Comment

5 of our next 7 games are at home. Means he can practice here for a while. Any minutes down there are good, but, he needs the connection with this team.

Comment

Let's give him some mins when we're up by 20 and see how he does, he may just suprise a lot of people or at least create some trade value...

Comment

I'm glad Alabi is coming up. I could care less if he rides the bench and I doubt he does either. Maybe Colangelo will trade him or trade someone else and give him some minutes. Who knows? The only thing we do know is that the D-League is a tough place to be right now.

Comment

RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
                    Let's give him some mins when we're up by 20 and see how he does, he may just suprise a lot of people or at least create some trade value...
                    Why the fuck would we trade him if he played good?

Seriously I don't get why all the Raptors fans are obsessed with trading.

Comment

Working...
                    X