Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Raptors Take a Bite at Anthony Randolph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

philwill wrote: View Post
    No, the debate is whether or not he is worth Miami's first round pick. Arguably the 28-30th.

We do possess ours AND theirs, correct?
    NNF is doing most of the Randolph defense in here and he's debating if he's worth the Raptors' soon to be lotto pick... No question he's worth the Miami pick in my opinion.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
      i just have to add that i found the thread title kinda funny...:-) if the raptors take a bite on AR will there be any meat left on those bones LOL
      LOOL good one

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        NNF is doing most of the Randolph defense in here and he's debating if he's worth the Raptors' soon to be lotto pick... No question he's worth the Miami pick in my opinion.
        I think he threw the Raps lotto pick out there as a rhetorical device, as a comparison of value, but I didn't read him as meaning we should trade that pick -- which is absolutely out of the question.
        It's about money

Comment

I think he threw the Raps lotto pick out there as a rhetorical device, as a comparison of value, but I didn't read him as meaning we should trade that pick -- which is absolutely out of the question.
          He said it very clearly:

Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
          Take that deal. All day, every day.

Comment

For the Miami selection, I'd make that deal in a heartbeat. When you get down towards the mid-late 20's, you're looking at either long term, stashaway european project or a college senior. It's a crapshoot either way, and I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say that Randolph might have more talent than anyone available at that Miami selection.

He's 21, can play all 3 front court position and oozes talent. He's not as good of a ball handler as Odom, but he's got lenth, is explosive and can fill it up offensively (not a very good long distance shooter though). On defense, he's pretty lacking, he's pretty frail, although he can block shots and has pretty good rebounding skills. As a flyer, I'd do it.
            Last edited by MangoKid; Tue Dec 14, 2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              completely ignoring randolph and his ability.

why the hell would you want to add at least another 10 years to the raptors ever having a chance to compete for a championship or even playoffs?

the knciks are already rolling with amare and felton and you want to trade for some piece of shit player to help the knicks get CARMELO FUCKING ANTHONY!!!!!!!!!!

you sure you're a raptors fan?
              Carmelo is going to New York either way - whether he's traded there by the deadline or whether he goes by himself via FA in the summer.
              We might as well get in on the thing and help ourselves in the process.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                The answer is absolutely unequivocally yes. Anthony Randolph himself was a 14th rounder, and although he hasn't played or hasn't been given the opportunity, he's certainly worth more than Miami's pick, which will most certainly end up being a late 20s pick.

We have a shit team. And on shit teams, players get more chances than anywhere else. I'd trade the Miami pick for Randolph in a heartbeat, let him play his heart out for the rest of this season and next. There is a very small chance we end up drafting someone better than Randolph with the 27th or 28th overall pick, and I'll take those odds every day.
                lol, thank you...alot of these raptor fans are completely lost...how much times do I have to tell you guys that he is better than anyone on this team...screw miami's pick...you do not pass up on a guy like this
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

the kid can score, rebound, and block shots... just look at his production in 22 minutes
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

He said it very clearly
                    Yup. I'd trade the Raps' 1st rnd pick for Randolph straight up and I wouldn't hesitate for a second. I also agree that there's no sense arguing over his merits since I'm not going to convince anyone that's already made their minds up about the guy, so I stopped trying. Did take offense to the idea that the little list of what he brings to the table is opinion though. I'd fully agree that he hasn't brought them on a consistent basis, but nothing on that list is a stretch at all.

As for the idea that Miami's pick is all it would take to get Randolph, dream on. It'd take the Knicks all of 20 minutes to find a team willing to give up more than that.

Comment

I haven't actually read all the responses on this so i'll apologize if I double dip on some opinions. Randolph has been pegged as a breakout star for two seasons and was on his way last year until injuries derailed his promise. Now he is stuck on the knicks bench and D'antoni's doghouse who is famous for burying guys without much reason or rationale. I'm especially miffed at the benching considering the lack of quality bigs the knicks have on thier roster. They are winning as of now so its hard to argue too much with what he's doing. Personally I am a huge Randolph homer and think the raps would be the perfect fit for him, but he would be playing backup center, not SF as some suggested.

For those who suggested the raps shouldn't help the knicks get better, understand that Melo is likely the most overrated player in the league and really won't bring much to a knicks team that already scores efficiently.

The only real issue is whether or not the raptors would be able to harness the potential that Randolph possesses as the guy clearly has motivation problems and has now became a clubhouse cancer on two squads before he is even legally allowed to drink. I think a lot of the problems can be attributed to maturity, but also clubhouse chemistry and coaching play a major role. I believe he would fit in well on the young gunz mantra that focuses on hard work and positive chemistry in the clubhouse and Triano for all his faults has been uniquely talented towards developing young journeymen into serviceable NBA player's.

Comment

Totally a risk worth taking. Nellie is Nellie, and come on, how do people not know D'antoni is infamous for keeping a SUPER-tight rotation. Randolph, regardless of his apparent shortcomings, is young as hell and is fully-talented. And like somebody said in this thread, we're a pretty crappy team no matter which way you look at it - he could totally excel here given the chance. He's like Michael Beasley (talent that should've already flourished), but hopefully without the messed up problems.
                        http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

He said it very clearly:
                          My bad, I thought he was referring to the beginning post in this thread, in which the Miami pick was the pick pitched for Randolph in this hypothetical, nonexistent trade.

Now he's just being dogmatic.

I stand by trading Miami's pick for him. I don't stand by NNF's zeal for throwing a top-five pick for him. Something better is out there, for certain.
                          It's about money

Comment

Why not add another European player anyway? Haha...
                            It's about money

Comment

I don't stand by NNF's zeal for throwing a top-five pick for him.
                              Actually I support making the trade because the Raps have no shot at a top 5 pick. If they did then I wouldn't make the deal. My take is that they're going to be looking at a pick in the 8-13 range, where the lottery turns into a crapshoot.

The top 5 is almost guaranteed to hold the Wiz, the Clips, the Kings, the Wolves and the Nets. After that, I easily see the Cavs, Pistons, Warriors, Cats, and 76ers to be right around the Raps' record, and likely ahead of them in the lottery. If the lottery started today, they'd be picking 9th, which is right around what I'd expect.

Comment

Well, that's not based on reality.
                                It's about money

Comment

Working...
                                X