Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should the Raptors Take a Bite at Anthony Randolph?

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Id rather have Randolph then Dorsey though.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    so what?? Lamar Odom is 6'10. Did you even click my link ??? He played as a small forward before the NBA. one inche doesnt matter, its his skillset not only his height and weight. IMO
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/anthony-randolph
    lamar shoots the 3 way better, better passer, better D, AR shouldnt be compaired to lamar.. even prince shoots the 3 better

his FG% is awfull this year tooo...prob. why hes being shopped..

even in his draft report it states hes a high risk... & most likely will be a bust...seeing that donnie & d'antoni couldnt do nothing with him i doubt anyone could...

hes a very skinny 4 whos prob more suited to the 3 because hes WAY too skinny to defend PF or C..

we need a proto-typical 3 not a beanpole 4 who plays the 3 LOL

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

dorsey would punk him for his lunch everyday LOL

Post Thanks / Like

The kniocks are getting Carmelo no matter what lol. Might as well reek some of the benefits in whats going to take place.
    well, we are increasing their chances alot by surrendering that first round pick to the knicks, frig the knicks can have melo but i want him first send him here and then we can reel the benfits from the knicks.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol 2 AR's would get punked for their lunch by Dorsey. It just seems like a low risk move that could payoff. Like i sai AR is only 21 so you never know.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he is going to be the sf answer for the Raps (we are fine at pf) this piece does not suggest he can...he like DD do not have a jump shot and both I believe suffer from a severe confidence problem. Does anyone know anything about his defense??? DAntoni & Nellie are two of the most "you dont wanna play defense?...ok, thats fine" coaches in the league and they bench him. They benched him because of his offensive mistakes !!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/21/sp...allassociation

Post Thanks / Like

Dorsey didn't cost the Raptors a 1st rounder.

Raptors Republic Rookie Brain Colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Go for it. On a team that's headed to the lottery and which lacks any SFs of note he would be a great addition for an end of first round pick. Those picks are often throwaways and Randolph is loaded with talent. The Raps would be crazy not to do that trade. I highly doubt it's available.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

personally, id pass.

but if you look at the facts:

- guy averaged 12pts, 7rebs and close to 2 blocks in 22 minutes of play with the warriors. i think those are really good numbers, considering he was an option behind jax, davis, ellis and even magette. not sure what the deal was with him and nellie and now d'antoni, but you cant deny the fact that those 2 coaches are pretty much nutjobs as well.
    - players who try to find redemption often finds it.....darko, beasley, weems, amir...to name a few....maybe after being ditched by 2 coaches, he'll want to prove the whole world wrong....but on the other hand, i know the Raps never gamble on nutcases....they always try to make sure the locker room is intact....
    - the guy is 21 and already has 3 years of nba experience under his belt, plus a playoff stint...
    - will be owed almost 8mil for the next 2 years, id say that chump change if he does turn out to be a gem

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this not even a question...he is more talented than anyone on this team

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    completely ignoring randolph and his ability.

why the hell would you want to add at least another 10 years to the raptors ever having a chance to compete for a championship or even playoffs?

the knciks are already rolling with amare and felton and you want to trade for some piece of shit player to help the knicks get CARMELO FUCKING ANTHONY!!!!!!!!!!

you sure you're a raptors fan?
    Go back and re-read my post.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can he play SF?

Then yes, why not.

If he can't then no. We should stockpile talent and everything, but like, he'll get no PT.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Take that deal. All day, every day.

Look, the pick the Raps will be looking at is likely outside the top-5 unless they get lucky with the ping-pong balls, and even more likely to be outside the top 8. They also have the assets available to make a play for a pick from a fringe playoff team looking to dump salary.
    Randolph is a kid with that rare combination of crazy athleticism, dynamic skill set and genuine fire that can make a player unstoppable. What he hasn't had is a defined role, a system to grow into and the time and touches to make it happen.

If you make this deal, think about the team's starting lineup after two years of development and roster stability:

Bayless
    DeRozan
    Randolph
    Davis
    Bargnani

Tell me that doesn't make your balls tingle with the sheer potential and combination of skill sets that group brings to the table.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if any of your balls tingle at a 5 MAN combination, im going to.... do nothing... because that would be a hate crime, and im no gay basher.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
    all the knicks want in return is a first round draft pick so they can use it for the melo trade.
    we can send them miami first round. any thoughts ? than we can trade reggie and dorsey or waive dorsey

Source: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...rade_for_melo/
    Player with the dreaded word "potential" - too skinny to play the 4 and not laterally quick to play the 3. I'll pass.

Raptors Republic Rookie philwill's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

so what?? Lamar Odom is 6'10. Did you even click my link ??? He played as a small forward before the NBA. one inche doesnt matter, its his skillset not only his height and weight. IMO
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/anthony-randolph
    I was responding to this. How is 6'11" too small to play power forward? That's what I'm talking about. I don't need the link for that.
    It's about money

Raptors Republic Rookie philwill's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention, D'Antoni plays a characteristically tight rotation and Randolph would be battling for a rotation spot from either Wilson Chandler or Danilo Gallinari. Is he going to beat those guys out? No. In the current system, those guys are damned near indispensable (despite Gallinari's inconsistency, he's needed to jack the threes, and not needed so much in terms of rebounding in light of the incredible numbers that a 2nd round guard is putting up in the rebounding department).

I think Randolph plays the perfect type of defense for our team, actually. He plays strong help defense, has a great propensity to block shots (although mostly due to his length and athleticism, but I'll take the blocks regardless of that fact) and rebounds well. Plus, he IS 21. Don't you think that with the right type of commitment to develop his lateral quicks and positioning, and shot, he could be a good pickup?

If it is inevitable that the Knicks end up with Carmelo, then we might as well steal a piece here and there as well. It's a low risk investment in this case (assuming CA > KNICKS inevitability) and we are in a development stage. We need to be thinking about 2-4 years from now, and not worried about what the Knicks are going to do this year, next year... or really what they are going to do at all. The Raptors cannot control what they Knicks develop into, but they CAN control many aspects of what the RAPTORS will develop into. That is the prime consideration here.
    It's about money

Post Thanks / Like

Quote smushmush wrote: View Post
    Player with the dreaded word "potential" - too skinny to play the 4 and not laterally quick to play the 3. I'll pass.
    He has the quicks to play the 3. He has not had the chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
    Bayless
    DeRozan
    Randolph
    Davis
    Bargnani
    I think that unit is still missing a second shooter at the wing but either DeRozan or Randolph could blossom into a fab contributor off the bench.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
    He has the quicks to play the 3. He has not had the chance.
    Maybe we should ask the question of why has he not had the chance on two different clubs? Most coaches let players would work hard and who have talent play basketball.

Hollinger, 2008:
    Between Me and the Scouts, One of Us Will Look Like an Idiot
    Anthony Randolph, LSU, 9.85

Yes, this is true. Seen in many quarters as a high lottery pick, Randolph has virtually nothing in his statistical record to justify such a lofty selection.

In particular, his woeful ball-handling numbers are a major red flag. Randolph had more turnovers than any prospect except Beasley and Thompson, but those two players had every play run through them; I’m still waiting to find out Randolph’s excuse.

Additionally, his 49.9 true shooting percentage is alarmingly bad for a guy who is supposed to dominate athletically.

He can block shots, and the fact his team was such a mess probably didn’t help his numbers any, but gambling on Randolph with a high first-round pick looks like the basketball equivalent of hitting on 19 in blackjack. Hey, maybe the dealer throws out a 2 and everyone thinks you’re a genius, but chances are you’re going to bust.

It appears he’s going to be drafted in the middle of the first round at worst, but even that appears to be a terrible mistake — there is no track record whatsoever of a player rated this poorly achieving pro success.
    Source: TheBigLead.com

So far Hollinger's claims hold up.
    Last edited by Apollo; Sun Dec 12th, 2010 at 06:03 PM.

Thread Information