Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors come back from 25 down in 3rd to beat Pistons

Raptors 120- Pistons 116

Thought I'd do a post game since the game was Here in Detroit.

After letting the pistons score 72 in the first half the Toronto raptors came back from 25 down in the last 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter to win the game.

Jeryed Bayless started at the point and had a field day. 31 pts 7 asts 5 rbs 4 TO.
    Barbosa at the backup 22.

Big Ben and Stucky Abused the raptors going for 23 pts/14rbs and 23pts / 12ast respectivly

A bit disturbing that the raptors have allowed the oppostiton to score over 70 in the last two games and over 62 in the last 3 games in the first half.

As of today a 25 pt comeback is the largest comeback in the 2010 nba season, and the largest comeback in Raptor history.

Huge turnout of raptor fans (DETROIT next to CANADA)
    If you missed it, you missed a HELL OF A GAME
    What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

I stopped watching because I thought it was a sure loss. Bad decision
    Foot Locker Deals

Comment

One word.
      Amazing.
      I stopped studying for my finals so I could watch this
      What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

so, its just takes to change Sonny to Julian to become a defensive force ?

JUST DO IT

Comment

i missed this game as well. but i was reading the piston-powered blog earlier today and one of the keys they said for a detroit win was for rodney stuckey not to crap his pants on defense.

then bayless and barbosa go for 53 points and 14 assists on 18-25 shooting. hilarious. that dude is so overrated. (at least he used to be - no idea what his reputation is like nowadays).

Comment

The Raptors will turn the ship around against Detroit...right? RIGHT??
            WRIGHT!

Comment

I basically didn't watch the 3rd quarter out of disgust and rage. But later I checked the boxscore and was like "wat?" Then the rest of the game was full of lulz and confusion. My head literally feels funny after watching this, I still having trouble accepting what just happened.

And my boy Bayless beasted out there. He's got heart.

Comment

It was Barbosa who got them back in it. He calmed down the offense, scored and made good passes.

Bayless put up the stats but I don't think he can be a great PG. He turned the ball over and he doesn't have good court vision. I think at best he'll be a really good SG.

Key stat: Barbosa +14 | Bayless -4
                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Dec 12, 2010, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Tonight was the tale of two different games, the first game they played horribly and I found myself yelling at my TV due to horrible defence and was considering turn off the TV, then boom, the second half starts and it was a different game and we were aggressive team basketball with no stupid turn overs.

Overall this game reminded me of the entire season in one game, first half --> the bad raptors who look lost on the floor; second half --> the good raptors who look like they are ready to take the next step and are not the worst team in the league.

Comment

this team plays much better without DD & weems & it showed in the second half tonight.... great comeback...would love to not go down by soo much in the first half but solid second half... i like bayless'd fight.. leandro was great... hope he keeps it up but he may be covered head to toe with armor by the all star break LOL glad i managed to make it to the 2nd half to see that come back!! LOL

Comment

I was literally facepalming through much of the game. I came close to turning off the tv multiple times but decided not too because I had a strong feeling they would make a comeback. Good win, but how is Ben Wallace allowed to go off like that?

Comment

Dear Jay Triano,

If you want your team to stop trailing by 25 points in the third quarter, perhaps you should consider putting in Kleiza over Weems and Barbosa over DeRozan (once Calderon comes back). The "Wally Pipp" syndrome needs to be applied to Sonny and DD. Also, changing line-ups to make a point is not that hard, just ask Byron Scott and JJ Hickson.

PS> If you still think that JuJu deserves to be a towel boy for most nights, guess again. Change the line-up or the fans will be tossing you waffles.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          Dear Jay Triano,

If you want your team to stop trailing by 25 points in the third quarter, perhaps you should consider putting in Kleiza over Weems and Barbosa over DeRozan (once Calderon comes back). The "Wally Pipp" syndrome needs to be applied to Sonny and DD. Also, changing line-ups to make a point is not that hard, just ask Byron Scott and JJ Hickson.

PS> If you still think that JuJu deserves to be a towel boy for most nights, guess again. Change the line-up or the fans will be tossing you waffles.
                          No, Barbosa and Kleiza need to stay on the bench. Barbosa needs the ball to work well, he's not going to get that in the starting unit with Jose and Bargs. Kleiza should stay on the bench because he and Barbosa seem to be gelling. Demar and Weems should stay in the starting unit because they're friends and the more playing time the get they more they are going to get in sync.

I agree with the last part of your comment though. Wright is arguably top 3 defenders on this team and the D has been struggling as of last so he should get more time.

Comment

totally turned it off midway through the third. FML FML FML FML
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I loved the Bargnani / Johnson / Kleiza / Wright / Barbosa line that played most of the fourth and got us back in it. They brought serious defensive intensity and a high level of offensive execution. Triano's use of Dorsey was also well done to save Johnson for late in the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X