A Great Victory Last Night Despite What Some Are Writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Great Victory Last Night Despite What Some Are Writing

Everyone of the Raptors players who were on the court for the majority of the minutes during that 25 point comeback in the second half is a true winner.

I don't care if it was against the awful Detroit Pistons.

I don't care that the Pistons missed some open shots that if they had made two or more of the outcome may have been different.

No Raptors team in history had ever come back from a 25 point deficit in the second half

Despite playing the second game of their second back to back and their seventh game in 11 nights, riding a four game losing streak, playing on the road and down 25 in the second half these Raptors players did not quit.

Many of their fans quit on them but the players did not quit on their fans.

Yes, none of these players will probably ever put up the career numbers that former Raptors players like C. Bosh and V. Carter are putting up.

But they are all winners, everyone of them.

A great victory that embodies and exemplifies the greatest of the human spirit.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Truly a great win, watched the whole thing.

Hopefully fans will have long memories and remember this game next time they put up a stinker.

Comment

Amazing game. Tried to turn it off in the half, then realized I couldn't cus I was there. Best game I ever went to.
      What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Awesome win!!! Despite who the competition was it was on their home court after they manhandled us for the entire first half and most of the third quarter. This team never quit and this win could easily count for 3 wins in the moral victory department. Bargnani, Bayless and Barbosa are the new killer B's...

Comment

Kind of setting the bar low don't you think?

Great? Awesome? etc. This was the Pistons circa 2010. These types of comeback wins are the rarest for any team. "Surprising", "Entertaining", even the oft used cliche "Character win" are more in keeping imo.

I'll reserve (for now) a "great" win for a beat down of the C#$tics with something on the line ...eg. a week to go in the season and beating them out of a seeding.

Comment

can we please bench derozan and weems , they have been awful last 2 weeks

Comment

MaGIX wrote: View Post
              What exactly are you comparing their play in the last two weeks to? DeRozan put up 16 on 7-12 shooting, seems pretty efficient to me. Sonny isn't consistent, but how much was anyone expecting from these guys at the beginning of the season to justify the statements that they've vastly underperformed? Either way, seems like me, you guys were all setting yourselves up for disappointment. I, personally, am fine with their play, considering that they've been in the league one and two years respectively.

Comment

MaGIX wrote: View Post
                In favor of who?

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                  In favor of who?
                  JuJu and Kleenex
                  What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

lets start stojakovic and barbosa

Comment

peja doesnt care about the raptors , i bet he got the swollen knee by tellin one of his kids to kick it so he doesnt have to play for "team canada" lol
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                      X