Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Do If You Were Chris Bosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would You Do If You Were Chris Bosh?

I hoping and praying that we retain him, but I wouldn't be shocked if Chris did decide to pursue another avenue starting next season. Kind of a like a fresh start.

No big time free agent will want to sign aboard by looking at the roster then looking at the record. Stop blaming management for not landing a big time shooting guard like Vince Carter. Demar DeRozan might become something. Teams can win without one. Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen won plenty without a quality center. The reality is every team lacks something.

* The Hedo experiment does not work obviously since they’re barely clutching on to the 7th seed. He’s not a difference maker and that contract is too big to move for a non All Star.

* Chris Bosh’s situation almost mirrors Pau Gasol when he was with the Memphis Grizzlies. Both were thought to be franchise big men. That’s not true now is it? He needs to be paired up with a Dwayne Wade or LeBron James like Pau to Kobe. Bosh is not a good fit with Bargnani.

* Toronto has to be flirting with a top 4 record for Bosh to consider resigning. Elimination in the first round of the playoffs doesn’t boost morale either.

* Don’t think about tanking. That shit doesn’t work. The team is holding down a playoff spot to convince Bosh to stay, correct?

Personally, if I was him, I’d seriously lean towards leaving. Six seasons with the ball club and we haven’t gotten anywhere. That does inspire anything. Please consider a sign and trade since there are not many teams right now that would trade for a half a season rental. Sign then trade Bosh. Get back some young talent and some draft picks. That’s the best they can do.
    Source - Click here

If I was Bosh, I would sign a max deal with Toronto and give all my money away to charity. I would than sleep in the equipment room at the ACC and think only basketball.

I would only eat foods that looked like little basketballs, and drink orange drinks.

I would also collect newspaper articles and photos of my enemies, and stick them on walls where i was sleeping. Carter, LBJ, Garnett would all be prominently displayed along with dates on the calendar when I meet them. You would also see private eye photos of my enemies training so that I know what they are up to at all times.

I would wake up every day and think to myself what I can do to embarrass my next opponent, how I can steal their heart and soul and eat it before their eyes. It would consume and torment me... and if or when I lost, I would run to the locker room knocking anyone who is in my way and would mess up the lockers of the players that played bad that game, throw their crap to center of the locker room.

I would also get my face painted in scales, and my hair sculpted to look like a vicious prehistoric Raptor! Every once in a while I would lick the ball and rub it against my privates to signify its ownership.

I would have the training staff bring me small rodents so that I can crunch them every time I go the bench and look at the opposing players as I do.

Comment

I'm not sure what reasons Colangelo has given Bosh to stay. Colangelo was supposed to be the man to turn the club around and give Bosh the players he needs to win and be successful. So far Colangelo has brought in a lot of talent but most of the players share the same weaknesses. You can win by outscoring your opponent but you need to at least be good enough on defense to guard your own shadow. If I were Bosh, at season end, I would let Colangelo know I was considering other clubs, I would list those clubs and suggest that he start considering viable trade options with him. Then I would weigh all my options and decide the place I wanted to play my prime years. It probably would not be Toronto.

Comment

I would like Chris Bosh to stay, but I think CB4 needs a fresh as much as Toronto needs a fresh start as well. If CB4 stays, we all know the Toronto got the best player that they can get at this time. There is no better player who Colangelo can convince to came to Toronto and make a better impact than CB4. On the other end, the team certainly is not cut for the top tier as is built right now. Hedo experiment is not working as expected, although I was one of the doubters when Colangelo brought Hedo to help Raptors to move to the next level. Hedo is a good player and he played his best basketball behind D. Howard and L. Rashard, getting a lots of space to operate. With Raptors, Hedo is on his own and he is not that kind of player to take charge and lead the team. Raptors game plan is the same since VC left ... mostly get the ball in CB4 hands and clear the paint. While this might work for 3.5 quarters, for the last 6 minutes of the game (crunch time), you really need a crafty guard or SF to take over. Unfortunately, Hedo didn't answer the call.

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
          I would like Chris Bosh to stay, but I think CB4 needs a fresh as much as Toronto needs a fresh start as well. If CB4 stays, we all know the Toronto got the best player that they can get at this time. There is no better player who Colangelo can convince to came to Toronto and make a better impact than CB4. On the other end, the team certainly is not cut for the top tier as is built right now. Hedo experiment is not working as expected, although I was one of the doubters when Colangelo brought Hedo to help Raptors to move to the next level. Hedo is a good player and he played his best basketball behind D. Howard and L. Rashard, getting a lots of space to operate. With Raptors, Hedo is on his own and he is not that kind of player to take charge and lead the team. Raptors game plan is the same since VC left ... mostly get the ball in CB4 hands and clear the paint. While this might work for 3.5 quarters, for the last 6 minutes of the game (crunch time), you really need a crafty guard or SF to take over. Unfortunately, Hedo didn't answer the call.
          Amare Stoudemire anyone?
          If we can't sign bosh we can sign Amare :P ...lol
          Would you think Amare would sign with us due to BC relationship with him

I rather have CB4 than Boozer than Amare

Comment

If I were Bosh I would sign up to play with Lebron or Wade and enjoy being paid hansomly to be a sidekick that doesn't have the weight of a franchise on his shoulders. I would never want to be paid like a franchise player, it seems like a curse.

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
              Amare Stoudemire anyone?
              If we can't sign bosh we can sign Amare :P ...lol
              Would you think Amare would sign with us due to BC relationship with him

I rather have CB4 than Boozer than Amare
              No they cannot. They will not have the cap space to do so.

Comment

* Toronto has to be flirting with a top 4 record for Bosh to consider resigning.
                I disagree with this point. I think only extreme's in success (stay) or failure (leave) will significantly alter Bosh's decision this summer.

I don't think a middle of the road achievement will factor into it. Positively or negatively.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

Anyway, to answer the question, if I were Chris Bosh I'd leave Toronto.

There is no indication that the Raptors are capable of building a high level basketball team in the near future (short term-to-medium term ... next 3 years) and there will be excellent offers out there from other teams. Bosh has wasted away too much of his career already on this failing franchise. He should leave.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave, I think there is great indication that they cannot build a high level team in the near future... That is unless Hedo starts playing like he did last year in the playoffs, DeMar comes along quickly and the team can stay healthy overall.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I'm not sure what reasons Colangelo has given Bosh to stay. Colangelo was supposed to be the man to turn the club around and give Bosh the players he needs to win and be successful. So far Colangelo has brought in a lot of talent but most of the players share the same weaknesses. You can win by outscoring your opponent but you need to at least be good enough on defense to guard your own shadow. If I were Bosh, at season end, I would let Colangelo know I was considering other clubs, I would list those clubs and suggest that he start considering viable trade options with him. Then I would weigh all my options and decide the place I wanted to play my prime years. It probably would not be Toronto.
                      A 130 million reasons!
                      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                        Anyway, to answer the question, if I were Chris Bosh I'd leave Toronto.

There is no indication that the Raptors are capable of building a high level basketball team in the near future (short term-to-medium term ... next 3 years) and there will be excellent offers out there from other teams. Bosh has wasted away too much of his career already on this failing franchise. He should leave.

Dave - So $30 million isn't enough to keep you in your current job?
                        Only way Bosh will leave is by trade - no one gives up that much guaranteed money.

Based on the "failed" franchise concept - I guess the only teams he'll go to are Boston, Lakers, Magic, Cavs. And he'll sign for whatever they can pay him - like the MLE???? Right now, No other teams are really in the conversation for championships in the next 2-3 years.
                        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
                        X