Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Julian Wright A Long Term Bench Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Julian Wright A Long Term Bench Option?

What do you think the chances are of Julian Wright returning after this season? This is the final year of his contract. His qualifying offer of $3.9M almost certainly will not be made by the Raptors and as such he will land on the market as an unrestricted FA.
    Yes
    78.57%
    No
    21.43%

If he establishes himself as a premiere defender off the bench, there's room for him in this team I would think.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

He is arguably the best defender on this team. IMO he has to have a place.

Hopefully he can improve his O, he's still pretty young.

Comment

Julian should be starting instead of Sonny.

Comment

i like JW hes def. the best defensive 3 we got but i got bigger hopes for the long term then JW... i dont think we should sell our selves short at any possition... if we can upgrade that would be my choice...everybody should be trade bait on this team LOL

Comment

No doubt. How much do you guys see him being worth on the FA market? I realize it's not so easy to figure out with the CBA changing. My guess is $1-1.5M/yr.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              No doubt. How much do you guys see him being worth on the FA market? I realize it's not so easy to figure out with the CBA changing. My guess is $1-1.5M/yr.
              assuming the league gets the 40% roll backs on salary in the new CBA...& a guy like LBJ is only making 8mill then i can see JW falling in the range on 1-2mill... if everything stays the same in the new CBA then i can see JW wanting a bit more then that...hell prob want like 3-5mill but im not sure id give it to him id like to see more of him b4 we start giving him amir type money.. he would be a solid depth guy if the cost is low
              Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Mon Dec 13, 2010, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Third string, minimum contract - yes.

Anything else - no.

Comment

If he could turn into a Bruce Bowen, which I think he could, then he's definitely worth keeping on the bench. If not, then let's see how far he develops, we could then trade him if necessary.

Personally though, I'd rather keep him just because he's willing to play defense and do the little things that our current SF's won't/can't.

Comment

He is one of those players that is extremely coachable and he needs more playing time IMO.

Comment

Why did he lose so much playing time when Kleiza came back from injury? Is it because the Raptors think Kleiza/Weems is our future 3's and not Wright?

He's our second best hustle player after Reggie, and 3.9 is not overpriced.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
                        If he could turn into a Bruce Bowen, which I think he could, then he's definitely worth keeping on the bench. If not, then let's see how far he develops, we could then trade him if necessary.

Personally though, I'd rather keep him just because he's willing to play defense and do the little things that our current SF's won't/can't.
                        Bruce Bowen could knock down the corner 3

Comment

I voted no since the question is do you think he will be back not do we want him back. I would like to see him back, but he can sign on elsewhere, and if he gets offers I would bet he would be signing on a team that not only preaches and pays lip service to defense but actually plays it...which means he will actually get on the floor.

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post

Hell, Julian can't shoot threes for beans. Since "Master Bruce" Bowen is not on the Spurs anymore, I think Julian is comparable to Thabo Sefalosha. Long athletic, hustles, can create turnovers, never minds if he doesn't gets shots and shuts down the opposing player's effective #2 or #3 option. He's a better dunker than Thabo.

Comment

Rocking!

He's shown a willingness to mix it up and play defense. His future here should be secure.

Comment

Working...
                              X