Sac-tor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sac-tor

With a possible new hard cap coming, the Raptors looking more and more like a definite lottery team, Bayless showing potential, and Jose battling injuries (again) I thought of this trade.

Not sure I'd do it.... actually I think I would and I'll explain why below:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=28mc8jk

SAC gets Calderon and Weems.
    TOR gets Udrih, Thompson, and Greene

SAC: Westphal has no consistency with starting line ups. It is tough to gauge the value of his players when one night they are benched and the next night they start *cough*Thompson, Casspi, Garcia, Greene*cough*. SAC gets a vetern, pass first PG who can knock down the 3. They need this to open up lanes for Evans. They also get Weems because BC can convince them he is awesome. SAC is one of the few teams in the league who can realistically not worry about taking on Calderon as they only have $28M committed for next season (and that includes the 3 players being proposed traded).

TOR: I don't think Udrih is better than Calderon but his contract is - especially with a possible hard cap coming. Calderon's contract, in this trade, equals 3 roster spots. Compared only with Udrih, this is a savings of about $3M per season. I guess this trade only happens if BC is confident going with Bayless as the starter moving forward. Thompson would be a great addition to the front line as he has shown when given minutes he can put up stats *full disclosure: I haven't seen enough of him to determine if he puts up quality stats*. It would be nice to see a 22 year old, 6'11" SF on the court which is why I'm not sure SAC does this trade with Greene.

If SAC does not include Green, I would still do Udrih/Thompson for Weems/Calderon. However, it would leave Toronto limited at the wings.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Dec 15, 2010, 05:59 PM.

I always thought green had a chance to real good. His size with his offensive abilities i think he could be a 15-18ppg kind of guy. Having his size along might help on defense. At 6'11 i think he is, he has a good chance to block a shot here and there. The only thing i don't like beno udrih. He's alright, im not sold bayless can run a team yet. Watching him play he lack composure and a lot of times puts his head down and goes to the rim without knowing what to do. Leads to back shots and turnovers. If we are looking to just build for the future then i like this trade. Gives us a potential C to develop and a potential decent SF

Comment

green and thompson are good pickups.

Comment

i'd be all for this. i'd love to have thompson at the 5 and greene is a underrated defender who can knock down 3's.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
        X