Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Triano has too many excuses for the team's poor plays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Triano has too many excuses for the team's poor plays?

Every time he is asked a question after a loss, he always seems to say something in the lines of "I think our team played well" or "We gave a great effort but!" When is he going to start pointing fingers and telling the players to man up and take responsibility for their lack of efforts. especially Barg.

Last night, on the couple plays, when Bayless lost the ball banging into Barg, all he (Barg) had to do was to bend and pick up the ball and he didn't do that. Then when the ball was rebounded by Barg under the basket, he threw it out back to Bayless instead of going up for the layup and possible the foul!

Open your mouth Jay and say what needs to be said.

What do you guys think? Is Triano too soft and making too many excused?

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Every time he is asked a question after a loss, he always seems to say something in the lines of "I think our team played well" or "We gave a great effort but!" When is he going to start pointing fingers and telling the players to man up and take responsibility for their lack of efforts. especially Barg.

Last night, on the couple plays, when Bayless lost the ball banging into Barg, all he (Barg) had to do was to bend and pick up the ball and he didn't do that. Then when the ball was rebounded by Barg under the basket, he threw it out back to Bayless instead of going up for the layup and possible the foul!

Open your mouth Jay and say what needs to be said.

What do you guys think? Is Triano too soft and making too many excused?
    Its hard to say.

A lot of stuff goes on that fans and even writers/bloggers are not privy too that can impact a player's effort and the outcome of games.

I do think that Triano like almost all basketball coaches tries to say the PC thing and as a result of not speaking the truth on all occasions in order to say something that is PC sounds confusing and inconsistent in answering some questions.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Its hard to say.

A lot of stuff goes on that fans and even writers/bloggers are not privy too that can impact a player's effort and the outcome of games.

I do think that Triano like almost all basketball coaches tries to say the PC thing and as a result of not speaking the truth on all occasions in order to say something that is PC sounds confusing and inconsistent in answering some questions.
      He's definitely way too PC (although he's dropped a few F bombs already). He needs to start calling out players individually, but then he might get fired for not playing into the delusions that his boss wants him to.

Comment

I love these Triano criticism threads. Good for laffs. Although I don't expect a win every night, I hope for it. It seems a lot of fans are in the "expect a win" category. Take a look at the roster. We are a young team, an inexperienced team, a team that was called the worst roster in the league. My question to the Triano bashers is "what do you expect?"

The team has played hard this season, for the most part. They set a franchise record comeback only a few days ago. The coach has the players ears, and he sticks up for them when they lose. Please, stop over reacting to losses and appreciate this team for what it is.
        Last edited by TheR3dMenace; Wed Dec 15, 2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

what we need

What this team needs is a true centre to dominate the paint and change/block shots on the defensive end. Were last in the league in blocks. I really like Bargnanis offensive game he seems to always be improving (his offense) except when he resorts to "pick and pop jack a three" bargnani is very good when he forces himself to play inside out. At the end of the day this team needs a paint presence to get respect in this league. Ill take javale macGee off of the wizards hands...

Comment

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
            What this team needs is a true centre to dominate the paint and change/block shots on the defensive end. Were last in the league in blocks. I really like Bargnanis offensive game he seems to always be improving (his offense) except when he resorts to "pick and pop jack a three" bargnani is very good when he forces himself to play inside out. At the end of the day this team needs a paint presence to get respect in this league. Ill take javale macGee off of the wizards hands...
            It's pretty evident and obvious. I don't mean to nitpick, but it's pretty much been brandied about all summer/training camp/pre-season/beginning of the season. It's not some sort of revelation.

Comment

Too many excuses? He's just playing the hand he's been dealt. You can't exactly make chicken salad out of chicken feathers. This was going to be a tough season. Many people knew it, so why be dillusional about it? You can't throw guys under the bus, especially on a young sqaud. Triano's job is to teach and be patient with the young talent he has.

Comment

wow dude, i just had this convo with a friend a couple days ago.

when you look at other epic coaches like s.van gundy, phil jackson, they will rip into their team regardless if they win or score 100 billion points. its hilarious to watch and hear but i adore the fact they dont give their team any slice of the cake. triano is such an apologetic and softy, last year he couldnt even take control of the team even when it was in a playoff position.

just terrible

Comment

Working...
                X