Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NBA free agents: HoopsWorld.com ranks top 30 (post 129)

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How'd this get bumped? Anyway, I'm glad it did. I want Greg Oden on this team, I think his value will be down and if we can get him cheap and he stays healthy we'll have an elite defensive center. For everyone else it depends who we draft. Jeff Green is a nice player but if we take a three like Barnes in the draft I don't think we'd have room for him. I'd also like to hear what it would take to get Dalembert .
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    How'd this get bumped? Anyway, I'm glad it did. I want Greg Oden on this team, I think his value will be down and if we can get him cheap and he stays healthy we'll have an elite defensive center. For everyone else it depends who we draft. Jeff Green is a nice player but if we take a three like Barnes in the draft I don't think we'd have room for him. I'd also like to hear what it would take to get Dalembert .
    Adding a fourth big who is preferably a defensive C is a must in my opinion. Certain games/teams/match ups require it. Amir and Ed have the PF spot locked up.

No doubt the SF spot is dependent on the draft. Not much sense going after Green if P. Jones, T. Jones, or Barnes are drafted.

BTW, I bumped it. Any thread you want brought to people's attention again, all you have to do is put a comment in and to the top it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Oden will ever be healthy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Adding a fourth big who is preferably a defensive C is a must in my opinion. Certain games/teams/match ups require it. Amir and Ed have the PF spot locked up.

No doubt the SF spot is dependent on the draft. Not much sense going after Green if P. Jones, T. Jones, or Barnes are drafted.

BTW, I bumped it. Any thread you want brought to people's attention again, all you have to do is put a comment in and to the top it goes.
    Oh geeze, I was looking at the the join date and I thought it was the comment date and thought,man how'd a thread from July get here. ughh, too many losses, my brain's breaking.

I think we are set at power forward and shooting guard for the moment. My two number one things for BC to get are an elite three and like you said, good, old school, defensive minded, center. Then we either trade Bargs or cut his minutes significantly. In the past I would have liked to try him at the four but at this point I don't want anything to disturb the development of Ed Davis who, along with DD and maybe this years pick, is the future of the franchise.
    -Scudworth

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh geeze, I was looking at the the join date and I thought it was the comment date and thought,man how'd a thread from July get here. ughh, too many losses, my brain's breaking.

I think we are set at power forward and shooting guard for the moment. My two number one things for BC to get are an elite three and like you said, good, old school, defensive minded, center. Then we either trade Bargs or cut his minutes significantly. In the past I would have liked to try him at the four but at this point I don't want anything to disturb the development of Ed Davis who, along with DD and maybe this years pick, is the future of the franchise.

We need a PG too. Caldy and Bayless aren't going to cut it.

Post Thanks / Like

^^Aaron Brooks is the solution.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    If the problem is you want a shoot first PG who doesn't shoot a high percentage, who doesn't pass the ball and doesn't play much defense. Fortunately, I don't have that problem and I hope Colangelo doesn't, as well. I'd much rather have Calderon than Brooks. For all of Calderon's weaknesses, he does make those around him better on offense and knows how to pass the ball. I'd list Brooks and Rodney Stuckey as two guys who don't seem to have the first clue of how to be a PG. No thanks.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't BC look in to Amundson last summer? I'm pretty sure he did.

I think you are underestimating Afflalo - he's got game (cliche anyone?). I wonder if BC could sell him on the 6th man with a big enough contract? lol

I'd be surprised if DEN kept both Chandler and Afflalo.
    I don't think they can. And I think they will let Chandler go, and if they do we need to pounce. He is a guy who can score 20 a game if given the ball. And if they sign Chandler and leave Afflalo, I'd give Afflalo $6-7 million a year...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Faith, Joe, faith! lol

I like all three of those guys. It is hard to believe that Young is still only 22 years old.

Daquean Cook is playing much better of late with minutes. He might be a player available and god knows the Raps need some outside shooting.
    Yeah they are all really underrated. Afflalo is a really good SG, and is one of those players which contenders would drool over. And Young is also very underrated, quick, big, athletic, long, good shooter etc... Let's hope BC makes some miracles!

Post Thanks / Like

A guy I'd look into is Shawne Williams. Another would be Earl Clark. In terms of bench depth, those guys could be had pretty cheaply.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh Aaron Brooks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    A guy I'd look into is Shawne Williams. Another would be Earl Clark. In terms of bench depth, those guys could be had pretty cheaply.
    Unless we get rid of James Jonson I don't really see a need for Earl Clark or Williams. Both are almost clones of of Johnson, with JJ being the superior Defender, and bigger, stronger body. (More talking Clark here. Williams has been given minutes neither Clark or JJ have seen thus far in their career.)
    JJ has shown a knack on the defensive end which Clark has avoided like the Plague.
    I havne't seen much of Clark, but when I was watchin the other night when Hedo got tossed (injured? not sure) and he took over. Dude just jacked bad shot after bad shot, and showed very little hustle, or focus when he didn't have the ball in his hands.
    Not saying JJ is our SF of the future either, just saying if he sticks around, I think we've got the young, athletic, raw SF locked up. haha

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I'm a fan of Aaron Brooks, I'd take him if we could get him on the cheap. However, I think Phoenix will pay for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Unless we get rid of James Jonson I don't really see a need for Earl Clark. Both are almost clones of eachother, with JJ being the superior Defender, and bigger, stronger body.
    JJ has shown a knack on the defensive end which Clark has avoided like the Plague.
    I havne't seen much of the guy, but when I was watchin the other night when Hedo got tossed (injured? not sure) and Clark took over. Dude just jacked bad shot after bad shot, and showed very little hustle, or focus when he didn't have the ball in his hands.
    Not saying JJ is our SF of the future either, just saying if he sticks around, I think we've got the young, athletic, raw SF locked up. haha
    You could never get enough versatile guys. Especially guys who have good handles who can play easily play 2 through 4 positions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    We need a PG too. Caldy and Bayless aren't going to cut it.
    Calderon is good enough to start on a playoff team, I don't think you can say that about our three and five. My ideal two year plan involves getting a good defensive center as early as possible (Oden would be nice), drafting Harrison Barnes and playing this next season with the purpose of evaluating how Oden plays and making sure he won't go down again. If he works out we can then look at moving Bargs for a future replacement for Calderon.

Line up next season:

Oden/Bargs
    Davis/A Johnson
    Barnes/J. Johnson
    Demar/ Weems
    Calderon/Bayless

If Oden, Davis, Demar and the Johnsons reach even have their potential, that's a team that will compete for a title. Especially if we move Bargs for and elite type point.
    -Scudworth

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon is good enough to start on a playoff team, I don't think you can say that about our three and five. My ideal two year plan involves getting a good defensive center as early as possible (Oden would be nice), drafting Harrison Barnes and playing this next season with the purpose of evaluating how Oden plays and making sure he won't go down again. If he works out we can then look at moving Bargs for a future replacement for Calderon.

Line up next season:

Oden/Bargs
    Davis/A Johnson
    Barnes/J. Johnson
    Demar/ Weems
    Calderon/Bayless

If Oden, Davis, Demar and the Johnsons reach even have their potential, that's a team that will compete for a title. Especially if we move Bargs for and elite type point.
    Where'd you throw barbosa? i'd rather have him then weems any day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    man, i had a way better raptors team than the one we have in real life on nba 2k11 i signed aaron brooks and was like 10 games under .500, then i flipped him for arenas and ended up with like 47 wins.

now, given it was a game, but,still.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    man, i had a way better raptors team than the one we have in real life on nba 2k11 i signed aaron brooks and was like 10 games under .500, then i flipped him for arenas and ended up with like 47 wins.

now, given it was a game, but,still.
    Ya im playin My player mode on the Raps and we suck D***. I'm waiting until next season, if we don't make any major improvements i'm requesting a trade. My players a PG but its hard to make a terrible team win, our starting line up is:

PG: Me
    SG: Demar
    SF:Chase budinger
    PF: David Lee
    C:Bargs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    Where'd you throw barbosa? i'd rather have him then weems any day.
    For some reason I though he was gone at the end of the season. My bad.
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Any updates or new suggestions as we enter the last 20 games of the season?
    Since we're stuck with Bargs, we cannot pursue another C and clog the frontcourt. It really depends on who we draft. I prefer that we get a legit point guard and an outside shooter who can defend in the mold of James Posey. Three point shooting is much needed in this team I'd say. Yes, for the record I'm saying that getting a defensive center is no longer possible given the drafting of Ed Davis and the signing of Amir Johnson.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Thread Information