Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 161

Thread: 2011 NBA free agents: HoopsWorld.com ranks top 30 (post 129)

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    First Tier
    Leandro Barbosa, Toronto Raptors - $7.1 million – Player Option ($7.6 million)
    Arron Afflalo, Denver Nuggets - $2.0 million – Restricted ($2.9 million Qualifying Offer)
    Wilson Chandler, New York Knicks - $2.1 million – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)
    Thaddeus Young, Philadelphia 76ers - $2.9 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
    Andrei Kirilenko, Utah Jazz - $17.8 million - Unrestricted
    Jeff Green, Oklahoma City Thunder - $4.5 million – Restricted ($5.9 million Qualifying Offer)
    Carl Landry, Sacramento Kings - $3.0 million - Unrestricted
    Josh McRoberts - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
    Jonas Jerebko, Detroit Pistons - $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
    Brian Cardinal, Dallas Mavericks - $1.4 million - Unrestricted
    Brian Scalabrine, Chicago Bulls - $1.2 million - Unrestricted
    Nene, Denver Nuggets - $11.4 million – Early Termination Option ($11.6 million)
    Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies - $3.6 million – Unrestricted*
    DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
    Eddy Curry, New York Knicks - $11.3 million - Unrestricted


    Second Tier
    Rodney Stuckey, Detroit Pistons - $2.8 million – Restricted ($3.9 million Qualifying Offer)
    Jose Barea, Dallas Mavericks - $1.7 million – Unrestricted
    Jason Richardson, Phoenix Suns - $14.4 million - Unrestricted
    Shannon Brown, L.A. Lakers - $2.1 million – Player Option ($2.4 million)
    J.R. Smith, Denver Nuggets - $6.0 million – Unrestricted
    Mike Dunleavy, Indiana Pacers - $10.6 million – Unrestricted
    Nick Young, Washington Wizards - $2.6 million – Restricted ($3.7 million Qualifying Offer)
    Sonny Weems, Toronto Raptors - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
    Tayshaun Prince, Detroit Pistons – $11.1 million – Unrestricted
    Julian Wright, Toronto Raptors - $2.9 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
    Kelenna Azubuike, New York Knicks - $3.3 million - Unrestricted
    Zach Randolph, Memphis Grizzlies - $17.3 million – Unrestricted
    David West, New Orleans Hornets - $8.3 million – Early Termination Option ($7.5 million)
    Ronny Turiaf, New York Knicks - $4.2 million – Player Option ($4.1 million)
    Kris Humphries, New Jersey Nets - $3.2 million – Unrestricted
    Reggie Evans, Toronto Raptors - $5.1 million – Unrestricted
    Dante Cunningham, Portland Trail Blazers - $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
    Joey Dorsey, Toronto Raptors - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
    Sam Young, Memphis Grizzlies - $0.9 million – Team Option ($0.9 million)
    Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers - $6.8 million – Restricted ($8.8 million Qualifying Offer)
    Tyson Chandler, Dallas Mavericks - $12.6 million – Unrestricted

    Third Tier
    Willie Green, New Orleans Hornets - $4.0 million - Unrestricted
    Mario Chalmers, Miami HEAT - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
    Sundiata Gaines, Minnesota Timberwolves - $0.7 million – Unrestricted*
    Ben Uzoh, New Jersey Nets - $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
    Jamal Crawford, Atlanta Hawks - $10.1 million – Unrestricted
    DeShawn Stevenson, Dallas Mavericks - $4.2 million – Unrestricted
    Chris Douglas-Roberts, Milwaukee Bucks - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
    Mo Evans, Atlanta Hawks - $2.5 million – Unrestricted
    Daequan Cook, Oklahoma City Thunder - $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)
    Shane Battier, Houston Rockets - $7.4 million - Unrestricted
    James Jones, Miami HEAT - $1.1 million – Unrestricted
    Cartier Martin, Washington Wizards - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
    Boris Diaw, Charlotte Bobcats - $9.0 million – Player Option ($9.0 million)
    Glen Davis, Boston Celtics – $3.3 million – Unrestricted
    Louis Amundson, Golden State Warriors – $2.2 million – Player Option ($2.4 million)
    (name, team – 2010-11 salary – status)
    Joel Przybilla, Portland Trail Blazers - $7.4 million – Unrestricted
    Nenad Krstic, Oklahoma City Thunder - $5.7 million – Unrestricted
    Hamed Haddadi, Memphis Grizzlies - $1.8 million – Unrestricted*
    Alexis Ajinca, Dallas Mavericks - $1.5 million – Unrestricted*
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Raptorsss, did you tier the free agents, or did you grab that from somewhere. Either way, I don't agree at all. Eddy Curry and Brian Cardinal as first tier? Shane Battier and Glenn Davis as third?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Since we're stuck with Bargs, we cannot pursue another C and clog the frontcourt. It really depends on who we draft. I prefer that we get a legit point guard and an outside shooter who can defend in the mold of James Posey. Three point shooting is much needed in this team I'd say. Yes, for the record I'm saying that getting a defensive center is no longer possible given the drafting of Ed Davis and the signing of Amir Johnson.
    we need to bring back mo pete, for the 3 pointers.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Raptorsss, did you tier the free agents, or did you grab that from somewhere. Either way, I don't agree at all. Eddy Curry and Brian Cardinal as first tier? Shane Battier and Glenn Davis as third?
    Scalabrine there too!

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I tiered them. Plus, Cardinal and Scallibrine are the heart and soul of their respective teams. We need them!
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    I tiered them. Plus, Cardinal and Scallibrine are the heart and soul of their respective teams. We need them!
    hell no i hate those guys. I feel like punching the TV screen when i see those 2.

  7. #47
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Players I would like to hear that the Raptors are talking to:


    T.J. Ford, Indiana Pacers - $8.5 million – Unrestricted
    Marcus Thornton, New Orleans Hornets - $0.8 million – Unrestricted
    DeShawn Stevenson, Dallas Mavericks - $4.2 million – Unrestricted
    Thaddeus Young, Philadelphia 76ers - $2.9 million – Restricted
    Julian Wright, Toronto Raptors - $2.9 million – Restricted
    Earl Clark, Phoenix Suns - $1.9 million – Unrestricted
    Kelenna Azubuike, New York Knicks - $3.3 million - Unrestricted
    Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies - $3.6 million – Unrestricted
    Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers - $6.8 million – Restricted
    Spencer Hawes, Philadelphia 76ers - $3.0 million – Restricted
    And I realize that there is no chance in hell that TJ is playing here next season as is. I think the Grizz will match any offer for Gasol.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    I tiered them. Plus, Cardinal and Scallibrine are the heart and soul of their respective teams. We need them!
    The Raptors already have a heart and sole that isn't playing and is not very talented. His name is Reggie Evans. They don't need anymore.

    And if you tiered them, were drinking heavily at the time?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Players I would like to hear that the Raptors are talking to:

    T.J. Ford, Indiana Pacers - $8.5 million – Unrestricted
    Marcus Thornton, New Orleans Hornets - $0.8 million – Unrestricted
    DeShawn Stevenson, Dallas Mavericks - $4.2 million – Unrestricted
    Thaddeus Young, Philadelphia 76ers - $2.9 million – Restricted
    Julian Wright, Toronto Raptors - $2.9 million – Restricted
    Earl Clark, Phoenix Suns - $1.9 million – Unrestricted
    Kelenna Azubuike, New York Knicks - $3.3 million - Unrestricted
    Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies - $3.6 million – Unrestricted
    Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers - $6.8 million – Restricted
    Spencer Hawes, Philadelphia 76ers - $3.0 million – Restricted

    And I realize that there is no chance in hell that TJ is playing here next season as is. I think the Grizz will match any offer for Gasol.
    Ford can't seem to fit in in Indiana, no matter who the coach is. No thanks.

    Thornton doesn't play a lick of defense, which is why he couldn't get off the bench in New Orleans. No thanks.

    Stevenson is a pretty good defensive player, but do the Raptors really need another mediocre swingman? Don't they have enough of those?

    Young I like.

    Wright can't get playing time now. Maybe he deserves it, but he's really not that good, anyway.

    Clark was a guy I wanted to stay away from in the draft because he is one of those guys who relies more on his talent than hard work. No thanks.

    Azubuike barely played last year, hasn't played at all this year. Apart from possibly never being healthy again, he's 27.

    Gasol I would agree on.

    Oden will never be healthy. I just don't think his body is built right. I don't think I want to continually wait around on the off chance he might one day be able to play more than 50 games.

    Hawes is a die hard Republican and really isn't that talented. The combination of which would make me not want him.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  10. #50
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good thing you and I aren't the guys who decide or there might be a meltdown I guess. haha

    Have you made a list?

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Good thing you and I aren't the guys who decide or there might be a meltdown I guess. haha

    Have you made a list?
    Hey, we agreed on two of them!

    And my list is a lot shorter.

    Arron Afflalo, Denver Nuggets
    Wilson Chandler, Denver Nuggets
    Nick Young, Washington Wizards
    Thaddeus Young, Philadelphia 76ers
    Jeff Green, Boston Celtics
    Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies

    There are a lot of mediocre players available, but the Raptors have plenty of mediocre talent. What they really need is starting calibre talent. And those are the only guys who are good enough, young enough and have games I like.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Hey, we agreed on two of them!

    And my list is a lot shorter.

    Arron Afflalo, Denver Nuggets
    Wilson Chandler, Denver Nuggets
    Nick Young, Washington Wizards
    Thaddeus Young, Philadelphia 76ers
    Jeff Green, Boston Celtics
    Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies

    There are a lot of mediocre players available, but the Raptors have plenty of mediocre talent. What they really need is starting calibre talent. And those are the only guys who are good enough, young enough and have games I like.
    I really like your list minus Nick Young. He is ridiculous on O when he gets hot but I question his shot selection and he plays little D. He is another Sonny Weems albeit a much better version with long range shooting ability. DD is the starting 2 moving forward. The Raps, in my opinion, need a 3 and D wing off the bench (Afflalo would be my ideal).

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I really like your list minus Nick Young. He is ridiculous on O when he gets hot but I question his shot selection and he plays little D. He is another Sonny Weems albeit a much better version with long range shooting ability. DD is the starting 2 moving forward. The Raps, in my opinion, need a 3 and D wing off the bench (Afflalo would be my ideal).
    Ya. Not sure why I threw Nick Young in there. He really doesn't play much D. Scratch him.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Ya. Not sure why I threw Nick Young in there. He really doesn't play much D. Scratch him.
    Not a free agent, but I wonder if MEM would give up Xavier Henry on the cheap? INjured all year, rookie contract squabbles last year, a lot of SG's and SF's currently ahead of him on the depth chart.

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Hey, we agreed on two of them!

    And my list is a lot shorter.

    Arron Afflalo, Denver Nuggets
    Wilson Chandler, Denver Nuggets
    Nick Young, Washington Wizards
    Thaddeus Young, Philadelphia 76ers
    Jeff Green, Boston Celtics
    Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies

    There are a lot of mediocre players available, but the Raptors have plenty of mediocre talent. What they really need is starting calibre talent. And those are the only guys who are good enough, young enough and have games I like.
    My list is exactly the same, aside from Nick Young. I'd like to sign a combo of Afflalo and Young, or Chandler and Young.

  16. #56
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Wait a second...

    A lot of the names I mentioned were cheap players. The Raptors would be extremely fortunate to get one of the five big names on that list of six but they then would still need to fill 5-6 roster slots... Guys like Earl Clark, Julian Wright, Marcus Thornton, etc. are going to come cheap and they have much room to grow.

    I mentioned Stevenson because he's going to be inexpensive and is a very strong defender. The Raptors are one of the youngest teams in the league and will need some veteran leadership in the years to come. I would prefer that leadership to be in the form of defensive minded players who don't need the ball because there isn't going to be many shots to go around.

    My list consisted of a bunch of young prospects, some cheap seasoned vets who could fill a hole here or there, a few up and coming young guns and a few young but very imposing centers... One of which would be a gamble for sure.

    I could have easily just highlighted all the best young players who will be on the market but I wanted to look into it deeper than that...

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    A lot of the names I mentioned were cheap players. The Raptors would be extremely fortunate to get one of the five big names on that list of six but they then would still need to fill 5-6 roster slots... Guys like Earl Clark, Julian Wright, Marcus Thornton, etc. are going to come cheap and they have much room to grow.

    I mentioned Stevenson because he's going to be inexpensive and is a very strong defender. The Raptors are one of the youngest teams in the league and will need some veteran leadership in the years to come. I would prefer that leadership to be in the form of defensive minded players who don't need the ball because there isn't going to be many shots to go around.

    My list consisted of a bunch of young prospects, some cheap seasoned vets who could fill a hole here or there, a few up and coming young guns and a few young but very imposing centers... One of which would be a gamble for sure.

    I could have easily just highlighted all the best young players who will be on the market but I wanted to look into it deeper than that...
    Afflalo shouldn't be too expensive. I'd say around 4-5 million maybe. Depends how much Karl wants him. Afflalo is my favorite player in this years FA class.

  18. #58
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Oden will never be healthy. I just don't think his body is built right. I don't think I want to continually wait around on the off chance he might one day be able to play more than 50 games.
    I think if you can sign a guy like Oden at reasonable price, you always do it. He may never play a full season and his athleticism may have taken a licking from the knee injuries, but the guy is still a monster. Basically it comes down to this with Oden in my opinion: you take a gamble and pay him for two years with a team option in the third and if he is healthy and plays to his potential you have a top 3 center. If not, you used some cap up and that's about it. Risk vs. Reward.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  19. #59
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    A lot of the names I mentioned were cheap players. The Raptors would be extremely fortunate to get one of the five big names on that list of six but they then would still need to fill 5-6 roster slots... Guys like Earl Clark, Julian Wright, Marcus Thornton, etc. are going to come cheap and they have much room to grow.

    I mentioned Stevenson because he's going to be inexpensive and is a very strong defender. The Raptors are one of the youngest teams in the league and will need some veteran leadership in the years to come. I would prefer that leadership to be in the form of defensive minded players who don't need the ball because there isn't going to be many shots to go around.

    My list consisted of a bunch of young prospects, some cheap seasoned vets who could fill a hole here or there, a few up and coming young guns and a few young but very imposing centers... One of which would be a gamble for sure.

    I could have easily just highlighted all the best young players who will be on the market but I wanted to look into it deeper than that...
    Fair enough. My feeling with the Raptors is they've got a lot of bench talent, but but very little starting talent. Unfortunately some of that bench talent is starting. By acquiring real starter talent, you automatically fill out the bench by moving current starters to the bench.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  20. #60
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Afflalo shouldn't be too expensive. I'd say around 4-5 million maybe. Depends how much Karl wants him. Afflalo is my favorite player in this years FA class.
    Yeah. That's why I mentioned five big names on a list of six players. I was referring to Afflalo not being a big name.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •