Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 NBA free agents: HoopsWorld.com ranks top 30 (post 129)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh Aaron Brooks
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      A guy I'd look into is Shawne Williams. Another would be Earl Clark. In terms of bench depth, those guys could be had pretty cheaply.
      Unless we get rid of James Jonson I don't really see a need for Earl Clark or Williams. Both are almost clones of of Johnson, with JJ being the superior Defender, and bigger, stronger body. (More talking Clark here. Williams has been given minutes neither Clark or JJ have seen thus far in their career.)
      JJ has shown a knack on the defensive end which Clark has avoided like the Plague.
      I havne't seen much of Clark, but when I was watchin the other night when Hedo got tossed (injured? not sure) and he took over. Dude just jacked bad shot after bad shot, and showed very little hustle, or focus when he didn't have the ball in his hands.
      Not saying JJ is our SF of the future either, just saying if he sticks around, I think we've got the young, athletic, raw SF locked up. haha

Comment

Personally, I'm a fan of Aaron Brooks, I'd take him if we could get him on the cheap. However, I think Phoenix will pay for him.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Unless we get rid of James Jonson I don't really see a need for Earl Clark. Both are almost clones of eachother, with JJ being the superior Defender, and bigger, stronger body.
          JJ has shown a knack on the defensive end which Clark has avoided like the Plague.
          I havne't seen much of the guy, but when I was watchin the other night when Hedo got tossed (injured? not sure) and Clark took over. Dude just jacked bad shot after bad shot, and showed very little hustle, or focus when he didn't have the ball in his hands.
          Not saying JJ is our SF of the future either, just saying if he sticks around, I think we've got the young, athletic, raw SF locked up. haha
          You could never get enough versatile guys. Especially guys who have good handles who can play easily play 2 through 4 positions.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
            We need a PG too. Caldy and Bayless aren't going to cut it.
            Calderon is good enough to start on a playoff team, I don't think you can say that about our three and five. My ideal two year plan involves getting a good defensive center as early as possible (Oden would be nice), drafting Harrison Barnes and playing this next season with the purpose of evaluating how Oden plays and making sure he won't go down again. If he works out we can then look at moving Bargs for a future replacement for Calderon.

Line up next season:

Oden/Bargs
            Davis/A Johnson
            Barnes/J. Johnson
            Demar/ Weems
            Calderon/Bayless

If Oden, Davis, Demar and the Johnsons reach even have their potential, that's a team that will compete for a title. Especially if we move Bargs for and elite type point.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
              Calderon is good enough to start on a playoff team, I don't think you can say that about our three and five. My ideal two year plan involves getting a good defensive center as early as possible (Oden would be nice), drafting Harrison Barnes and playing this next season with the purpose of evaluating how Oden plays and making sure he won't go down again. If he works out we can then look at moving Bargs for a future replacement for Calderon.

Line up next season:

Oden/Bargs
              Davis/A Johnson
              Barnes/J. Johnson
              Demar/ Weems
              Calderon/Bayless

If Oden, Davis, Demar and the Johnsons reach even have their potential, that's a team that will compete for a title. Especially if we move Bargs for and elite type point.
              Where'd you throw barbosa? i'd rather have him then weems any day.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                ^^Aaron Brooks is the solution.
                man, i had a way better raptors team than the one we have in real life on nba 2k11 i signed aaron brooks and was like 10 games under .500, then i flipped him for arenas and ended up with like 47 wins.

now, given it was a game, but,still.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  man, i had a way better raptors team than the one we have in real life on nba 2k11 i signed aaron brooks and was like 10 games under .500, then i flipped him for arenas and ended up with like 47 wins.

now, given it was a game, but,still.
                  Ya im playin My player mode on the Raps and we suck D***. I'm waiting until next season, if we don't make any major improvements i'm requesting a trade. My players a PG but its hard to make a terrible team win, our starting line up is:

PG: Me
                  SG: Demar
                  SF:Chase budinger
                  PF: David Lee
                  C:Bargs

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                    Where'd you throw barbosa? i'd rather have him then weems any day.
                    For some reason I though he was gone at the end of the season. My bad.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Any updates or new suggestions as we enter the last 20 games of the season?
                      Since we're stuck with Bargs, we cannot pursue another C and clog the frontcourt. It really depends on who we draft. I prefer that we get a legit point guard and an outside shooter who can defend in the mold of James Posey. Three point shooting is much needed in this team I'd say. Yes, for the record I'm saying that getting a defensive center is no longer possible given the drafting of Ed Davis and the signing of Amir Johnson.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

First Tier
                        Leandro Barbosa, Toronto Raptors - $7.1 million – Player Option ($7.6 million)
                        Arron Afflalo, Denver Nuggets - $2.0 million – Restricted ($2.9 million Qualifying Offer)
                        Wilson Chandler, New York Knicks - $2.1 million – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)
                        Thaddeus Young, Philadelphia 76ers - $2.9 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
                        Andrei Kirilenko, Utah Jazz - $17.8 million - Unrestricted
                        Jeff Green, Oklahoma City Thunder - $4.5 million – Restricted ($5.9 million Qualifying Offer)
                        Carl Landry, Sacramento Kings - $3.0 million - Unrestricted
                        Josh McRoberts - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
                        Jonas Jerebko, Detroit Pistons - $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
                        Brian Cardinal, Dallas Mavericks - $1.4 million - Unrestricted
                        Brian Scalabrine, Chicago Bulls - $1.2 million - Unrestricted
                        Nene, Denver Nuggets - $11.4 million – Early Termination Option ($11.6 million)
                        Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies - $3.6 million – Unrestricted*
                        DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
                        Eddy Curry, New York Knicks - $11.3 million - Unrestricted

Second Tier
                        Rodney Stuckey, Detroit Pistons - $2.8 million – Restricted ($3.9 million Qualifying Offer)
                        Jose Barea, Dallas Mavericks - $1.7 million – Unrestricted
                        Jason Richardson, Phoenix Suns - $14.4 million - Unrestricted
                        Shannon Brown, L.A. Lakers - $2.1 million – Player Option ($2.4 million)
                        J.R. Smith, Denver Nuggets - $6.0 million – Unrestricted
                        Mike Dunleavy, Indiana Pacers - $10.6 million – Unrestricted
                        Nick Young, Washington Wizards - $2.6 million – Restricted ($3.7 million Qualifying Offer)
                        Sonny Weems, Toronto Raptors - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
                        Tayshaun Prince, Detroit Pistons – $11.1 million – Unrestricted
                        Julian Wright, Toronto Raptors - $2.9 million – Restricted ($4.0 million Qualifying Offer)
                        Kelenna Azubuike, New York Knicks - $3.3 million - Unrestricted
                        Zach Randolph, Memphis Grizzlies - $17.3 million – Unrestricted
                        David West, New Orleans Hornets - $8.3 million – Early Termination Option ($7.5 million)
                        Ronny Turiaf, New York Knicks - $4.2 million – Player Option ($4.1 million)
                        Kris Humphries, New Jersey Nets - $3.2 million – Unrestricted
                        Reggie Evans, Toronto Raptors - $5.1 million – Unrestricted
                        Dante Cunningham, Portland Trail Blazers - $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
                        Joey Dorsey, Toronto Raptors - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
                        Sam Young, Memphis Grizzlies - $0.9 million – Team Option ($0.9 million)
                        Greg Oden, Portland Trail Blazers - $6.8 million – Restricted ($8.8 million Qualifying Offer)
                        Tyson Chandler, Dallas Mavericks - $12.6 million – Unrestricted

Third Tier
                        Willie Green, New Orleans Hornets - $4.0 million - Unrestricted
                        Mario Chalmers, Miami HEAT - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
                        Sundiata Gaines, Minnesota Timberwolves - $0.7 million – Unrestricted*
                        Ben Uzoh, New Jersey Nets - $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
                        Jamal Crawford, Atlanta Hawks - $10.1 million – Unrestricted
                        DeShawn Stevenson, Dallas Mavericks - $4.2 million – Unrestricted
                        Chris Douglas-Roberts, Milwaukee Bucks - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
                        Mo Evans, Atlanta Hawks - $2.5 million – Unrestricted
                        Daequan Cook, Oklahoma City Thunder - $2.2 million – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)
                        Shane Battier, Houston Rockets - $7.4 million - Unrestricted
                        James Jones, Miami HEAT - $1.1 million – Unrestricted
                        Cartier Martin, Washington Wizards - $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
                        Boris Diaw, Charlotte Bobcats - $9.0 million – Player Option ($9.0 million)
                        Glen Davis, Boston Celtics – $3.3 million – Unrestricted
                        Louis Amundson, Golden State Warriors – $2.2 million – Player Option ($2.4 million)
                        (name, team – 2010-11 salary – status)
                        Joel Przybilla, Portland Trail Blazers - $7.4 million – Unrestricted
                        Nenad Krstic, Oklahoma City Thunder - $5.7 million – Unrestricted
                        Hamed Haddadi, Memphis Grizzlies - $1.8 million – Unrestricted*
                        Alexis Ajinca, Dallas Mavericks - $1.5 million – Unrestricted*
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss, did you tier the free agents, or did you grab that from somewhere. Either way, I don't agree at all. Eddy Curry and Brian Cardinal as first tier? Shane Battier and Glenn Davis as third?
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            Since we're stuck with Bargs, we cannot pursue another C and clog the frontcourt. It really depends on who we draft. I prefer that we get a legit point guard and an outside shooter who can defend in the mold of James Posey. Three point shooting is much needed in this team I'd say. Yes, for the record I'm saying that getting a defensive center is no longer possible given the drafting of Ed Davis and the signing of Amir Johnson.
                            we need to bring back mo pete, for the 3 pointers.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Raptorsss, did you tier the free agents, or did you grab that from somewhere. Either way, I don't agree at all. Eddy Curry and Brian Cardinal as first tier? Shane Battier and Glenn Davis as third?
                              Scalabrine there too!

Comment

I tiered them. Plus, Cardinal and Scallibrine are the heart and soul of their respective teams. We need them!
                                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                                X