Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 NBA free agents: HoopsWorld.com ranks top 30 (post 129)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link

New Blazers GM Not Committed To Oden?

Comment

• "We feel like we've got a couple good young players, we have a couple of veteran players, and we're trying to keep the core of that team and start building again in a new era," Ujiri said.

He can't identify that core without taking a bunch of calls from unhappy players and agents, but for now, my sense is it includes point guard Ty Lawson, shooting guard Arron Afflalo , forward Danilo Gallinari and forward- center Nene.
      http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...orts-nuggets+% 28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Nuggets%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Interesting that Wilson Chandler is not on the list of the core. Perhaps the Raptors can snag him, since the Knicks have exactly zero money beyond vet minimums at this point.

Comment

• As soon as the trade went down people were then talking about how Chandler looked to be the odd man out. There isn't enough minutes to go around for those two. Gallinari has more upside.

Comment

• Coming out of DePaul, Chandler was very much like a Chris Singleton - incredible D and not so great on offense. Chandler has worked hard to become a good shooter (he pretty much had no choice playing for D'Antoni). I would not mind having Chandler on the team at all - and he just turned 24.

Comment

• If we signed Chandler without over-paying I would be very happy. He brings decent 3 point shooting, solid defense and while still young he has good experience. My only concern is that he disappeared in the playoffs, I don't remember if he was injured going in or what, but his numbers took a big hit.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
              If we signed Chandler without over-paying I would be very happy. He brings decent 3 point shooting, solid defense and while still young he has good experience. My only concern is that he disappeared in the playoffs, I don't remember if he was injured going in or what, but his numbers took a big hit.
              I think he tweaked his ankle but not sure.

Comment

• It was also his first playoff ever, so I think we can probably forgive him for that.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                  I think he tweaked his ankle but not sure.
                  That is his main issue - his ankle.

He has already had surgery on it - multiple times I believe (correct me if I am wrong on the multiple).

Like I said, I'd love to have him. He can guard any wing and some 4's.

Comment

• HoopsWorld.com ranks the top 30 free agents of 2011 (which may not be signed until 2012!):

Rank Player Name Rank Player Name
                    1 Marc Gasol (restricted)
                    2 Nene
                    3 David West
                    4 Tyson Chandler
                    5 Jamal Crawford
                    6 DeAndre Jordan (restricted)
                    7 Jason Richardson
                    8 Wilson Chandler (restricted)
                    9 Thaddeus Young (restricted)
                    10 Carl Landry
                    11 Jeff Green (restricted)
                    12 Aaron Brooks (restricted)
                    13 Tayshaun Prince
                    14 Caron Butler
                    15 Shane Battier
                    16 Andrei Kirilenko
                    17 Samuel Dalembert
                    18 Rodney Stuckey (restricted)
                    19 Arron Afflalo (restricted)
                    20 Kris Humphries
                    21 Jose Barea
                    22 Nick Young (restricted)
                    23 Marcus Thornton (restricted)
                    24 Greg Oden (restricted)
                    25 Mario Chalmers (restricted)
                    26 Reggie Williams (restricted)
                    27 Josh Howard
                    28 Delonte West
                    29 T.J. Ford
                    30 Yi Jianlian

http://www.hoopsworld.com/ranking-th...free-agents-2/

Comment

• I would place Jordan and Chandler ahead of Crawford.

Comment

• Who the hell made that list? Aaron Brooks is a chucker who Trevor Ariza HATED playing with. While Shane Battier, a guy who simply helps your team win and who everyone loves to play with, is lower. Arron Afflalo I'd put ahead of Stuckey AND Brooks, as well as probably Jamal Crawford.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Who the hell made that list? Aaron Brooks is a chucker who Trevor Ariza HATED playing with. While Shane Battier, a guy who simply helps your team win and who everyone loves to play with, is lower. Arron Afflalo I'd put ahead of Stuckey AND Brooks, as well as probably Jamal Crawford.
                          They explain the selection process in the link.

Some of them just made me go, "Wha?"

Comment

• Ok then i say we try and snag Wilson chandler. Free agents the Raps should target:

1. W.Chandler
                            2. Aaron Gray
                            3. Daequan Cook
                            4. Jaamal Magloire
                            5. Von Wafer

Comment

• i think at this stage you're best trying to just get depth. let the young guys continue to progress. a guy like affalo who can play a couple positions and defend is what i'd be looking at.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Ok then i say we try and snag Wilson chandler. Free agents the Raps should target:

1. W.Chandler
                                2. Aaron Gray
                                3. Daequan Cook
                                4. Jaamal Magloire
                                5. Von Wafer
                                Take away Von Wafer, who's got too much of a reputation as a headcase, and Wilson Chandler, who's in China until next season, and I'd be fine with your middle 3.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X