X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis and Johnson Starting Tonight vs Bulls - Bargnani Tweaked Knee

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2010121528

Wow. Sooner than I expected.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Dec 15, 2010, 08:03 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I am all for this.

I wish Weems was benched as well.

As much as I would like to see Bargnani part of a contending franchise, he needs to realize there is no free lunch.

I wonder if it is more of a match up thing? Boozer and Noah are a handful. Maybe Triano is trying to exploit Bargnani on Gibson or Asik?

I would much rather it being a demotion to send a message.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I am all for this.

I wish Weems was benched as well.

As much as I would like to see Bargnani part of a contending franchise, he needs to realize there is no free lunch.

I wonder if it is more of a match up thing? Boozer and Noah are a handful. Maybe Triano is trying to exploit Bargnani on Gibson or Asik?

I would much rather it being a demotion to send a message.
      Yahoo shows him as active but not starting.

Raptors announcer, can't recall which one said Bargnani tweaked his knee and is not available for tonight.

Only 10 dressing.

You can bet that Raptors management will be watching this game closely.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Raptors are going to get killed.

Comment

Damn. No consequences for lack of effort. Injury. Damn.

Comment

Wow they rather get killed than play Bargnani ...at least we know what the Raptors are all about without him.....NOTHING !!!!
            He had a very bad game yesterday, no excuse, I only hope he is really injured !

All the haters are going to be very happy , especially all the stats whores !

Comment

Wow, our defence is so much better without Bargnani in the lineup! Not. Boozer is eating Amir and Ed for dinner.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                Wow, our defence is so much better without Bargnani in the lineup! Not. Boozer is eating Amir and Ed for dinner.
                well our defence wasnt any worse... cant get much worse then it has been.. the issue with bargs is if we cant get a real C who can play D or Bargs has to be the one..which he obviously isnt..& in that case we trade him for someone who is!!

Davis is too young but maybe he better than bargs at D already...
                Amir fouls to much to impact the defence for long periods...
                Reggie is a real ball braker.. to bad hes hurt..LOL

WE NEED A REAL CENTER WHO IS GOING TO DEFEND & REBOUND & WHO CAN CHIP IN A FEW POINTS HERE & THERE

Comment

Bargnani has been playing through injuries and it showed in how he struggled through the Bobcat game. There was obviously something wrong. Then we have to endure the typical trade bargnani threads. But then to gloat about how he is out of the starting line-up with f'n smiley-face emoticons that even my f'n 12 yr old niece thinks are uncool takes the cake. Oh, and we find out later that he isn't benched in favour of Davis and Johnson starting, and that he is really injured. F U. Are we fans or just here to pick out a certain player and over-scrutinize his every move. This is bordering some sort of weird psychosis or something - maybe Bargnanogist.
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani has been playing through injuries and it showed in how he struggled through the Bobcat game. There was obviously something wrong. Then we have to endure the typical trade bargnani threads. But then to gloat about how he is out of the starting line-up with f'n smiley-face emoticons that even my f'n 12 yr old niece thinks are uncool takes the cake. Oh, and we find out later that he isn't benched in favour of Davis and Johnson starting, and that he is really injured. F U. Are we fans or just here to pick out a certain player and over-scrutinize his every move. This is bordering some sort of weird psychosis or something - maybe Bargnanogist.
                    +infinity

I hate this board at times. We need Bargs at this point, even if he is a defensive liability.
                    Joshua Priemski
                    NBA blogger
                    SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                    www.RufusOnFire.com/
                    www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

My thoughts exactly! Only if Davis and Johnson had half the skills...Ah well, I'm still trying to just enjoy the season without any expectations.

Comment

Im kinda waiting for Buddha to put his 2 cents in after boozer raped and anal-ed davis, amir, kleiza and dorsey.
                        I guess you can use the excuse that it was their 1st time starting together but common, boozer?
                        all it takes is a hard foul and he'll be more conscious about posting up or driving to the basket.
                        when they put Kleiza on him i thought for sure he'd take him down once and make his presence felt. he got raped.
                        davis, our so-called shot blocker, gave 3-4 and1s to boozer it was ridiculous.
                        i mean boozer is not a crafty player, he has a soft touch, a good 5-10 feet from the basket jumpshot but thats about it.
                        He got 10pts against Pau, and 17 against Darko. Go figure.

Comment

Yup yup yup, where's all the haters now. Without Bargs we are nothing but the Barbo and Bayless show. Hope last night was a wake up call, Ed Davis and Amir are NO BETTER defensively than Bargs, and in terms of man on man D, they are much worse. Dorsey should be supplanting Ed Davis every night.

Comment

i for 1 have always been a bargs hater.. always will seeing as his defence will never improve... i wasnt under the influence in thinking that starting 5 was going do any better but it did show that defensively we wernt any worse without bargs.. the point for me has always been that we need a C to play D since we dont have 1...with or without bargs we get raped by boozer.. maybe bargs puts up 15pts but we still loose the game...prob by the same margin...all the points in the world means nothing if u cant play D & end up loosing anyway... sincee its quite obvious that bargs will never develop into a "Legit" Defensive C.. we need to get 1 quick...also if a nice package for bargs came up id def. consider it if it makes us better cause like Bosh, bargs will never lead us to the promise land anyway...not without alot of help...& legit All-Stars around him..

Comment

That was sad. I knew it would never work, two pretty lean PF sharing the court. With no real offensive threat on our side, yes a blow-out loss was to be expected.

Comment

Working...
                              X