Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade ED DAVIS WHILE YOU STILL CAN

Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trade ED DAVIS WHILE YOU STILL CAN

Ed Davis and Amir Johnson the so called future front court of Toronto by some republic member experts is clearly a nightmare gone wrong. One half of baseketball is enough of a sample size for me. Ed Davis is gettin abused by Boozer and Noah. He is a liability on offence and his one block shot a game makes no difference to me. He brings out the weaknesses in Johnsons game as well since Amir can't get easy putbacks anymore now that the offence isan't all focused on shutting down Bargnani.

I hope all the Bargnani haters will shutup now the end.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL - wow.

First career start. Ninth game played. Going against 2 former/current/future all-star players.

Give the 21 year old a break. He has already shown qualities the Raptors have not had from their players in years.

Davis is going to be a great player - in time.

Davis and Johnson are never going to be a functional pair on the court. They are both hustle and clean-up-the-garbage offensive players. They may develop an offensive game post up game - and I have more hope for Davis - but it won't be this season.

Davis at the 4, Bargnani at the 5, and Johnson off the bench....

Strangely enough, the best offensive inside/big player the Raptors have had in the game tonight has been Dorsey. He is the only Raptor player to score in the post.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What a dumb thread. Follow up with "Psych! Gotchu guys!" and I'll understand. Otherwise, WTF are you talking about? Matt52 said all that needs to be said(with which I agree whole heartedly), other than trading YOU for a DunkinDonut! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Some of you will praise Ed Davis for grabbing 10 useless rebounds. Boozer is a pretty good player avereages about 16 ppg coming into today. I beleive he had 16 pints at the end of the first quarter. Anything else we should know about Bargnanis defence

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    LOL - wow.

First career start. Ninth game played. Going against 2 former/current/future all-star players.
    I took his post as a sarcastic spoof of certain other posters...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    LOL who me overreacting over one game nahhh !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I really hope so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    Some of you will praise Ed Davis for grabbing 10 useless rebounds. Boozer is a pretty good player avereages about 16 ppg coming into today. I beleive he had 16 pints at the end of the first quarter. Anything else we should know about Bargnanis defence
    I am really hoping this is a spoof.

Just in case, you are aware Boozer has averaged over 20 a game when he is healthy and is a career double double machine with 17 and 10 averages.

Post Thanks / Like

I am really hoping this is a spoof.

Just in case, you are aware Boozer has averaged over 20 a game when he is healthy and is a career double double machine with 17 and 10 averages.
    lol whats your point he had 16 in the first quarter

Post Thanks / Like

lol whats your point he had 16 in the first quarter
    What is the point?

Boozer, when healthy, is a guaranteed 20 and 10 a night. He has had numerous 30 point games in his career. He is an 8 year vetern with over 500 games under his belt. He missed the first 15 games of the year with a broken hand, is playing only in his 10th game of the season, was a free agent signing, is on a new team with new coach and systems, is playing with one of the best PG's and C's in the game, and is still adjusting to the environment.

To compare Carlos Boozer (500+ games) to Ed Davis (9 games) at this stage in their careers is ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

I though Davis was drafted as a Defensive Specalist 34 point from a career 17ppg undersized power forward that should never happen. Clearly asking Davis to play good defense is not asking a lot, I mean he clearly isan't starting beacause of his offence. I bet Alabi would have done a better job.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry 34 points in 3 quarters maybe would have gotten 50 if he played the fourth

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the point?

Boozer, when healthy, is a guaranteed 20 and 10 a night. He has had numerous 30 point games in his career. He is an 8 year vetern with over 500 games under his belt. He missed the first 15 games of the year with a broken hand, is playing only in his 10th game of the season, was a free agent signing, is on a new team with new coach and systems, is playing with one of the best PG's and C's in the game, and is still adjusting to the environment.

To compare Carlos Boozer (500+ games) to Ed Davis (9 games) at this stage in their careers is ridiculous.
    Dude, quit while you're ahead. he's clearly just antagonizing you with bullshit.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't toll message boards, we know who you are!!

Post Thanks / Like

I though Davis was drafted as a Defensive Specalist 34 point from a career 17ppg undersized power forward that should never happen. Clearly asking Davis to play good defense is not asking a lot, I mean he clearly isan't starting beacause of his offence. I bet Alabi would have done a better job.
    And with that post all credibility is lost.....

Post Thanks / Like

when all you people create threads that call for trading bargnani and are actualy serious about it then think I am just being sarcastic for mentioning we should trade Ed Davis because I highly doubt he is the defensive force you people think he will become.. I really dont understand all you people

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow....um where to start? Esentially you want to trade a 21 year old rookie who has only played 10 games because he had trouble defending all-star Carlos Boozer? I really don't know what to say except this is a foolish post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rg1990 wrote: View Post
    Wow....um where to start? Esentially you want to trade a 21 year old rookie who has only played 10 games because he had trouble defending all-star Carlos Boozer? I really don't know what to say except this is a foolish post.
    you start with the fact that boozer was averaging 15.5 ppg coming into this game hes looked rusty hasn't had a training camp as hes missed most of the games this year and is nowhere near game shape. Yet he abused Davis made him look like a school girl... Boozer is a good player but we made him look like the next wilt chamerlain.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A veteran abusing a rookie in the post, how shocking!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information