All-Star Screw-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Star Screw-Up

I may be a little late to the ball on this one, but Raptor fans have to be frustrated with their representatives on the All-Star ballot. Utah fans were pretty ticked that Millsap wasn't included, but none of the Raptors who were included (Kleiza, Bargnani, DeRozan) merit serious consideration. Meanwhile Reggie Evans, Jose Calderon, Amir Johnson and Jerryd Bayless have all been really productive but weren't included. I'm not saying those four should make the team but wouldn't it be nice to have an opportunity to vote for them and show them some love for the way they've been playing?

Raptor and Jazz fans aren't the only ones who have reason to be frustrated either:
    http://hickory-high.com/2010/12/14/s...rn-conference/
    Hickory-High

The reality is that no one on the Raptors merits all star status...at least not this year.

As for Millsap, he is a very good player and probably should be on the ballot. If for nothing else than having that great game against the Heat!

Comment

I agree no on the roster really deserves to be on the team. But that being on the ballot is kinds of a separate form of recognition. It allows fans to celebrate some of the players on their team and send them a message that they are appreciated. My point was that it must be frustrating to have the option to recognize and celebrate three disappointments as opposed to four really productive players who have been working their tails off for the team.

Millsap definitely belongs on the roster. My question is why do we still need to do paper ballots? Why can't it all (or mostly) be electronic which would allow people to just vote for anyone they felt like? It seems like this same situation happens every year. It can't be that hard to come up with a no-risk solution for the league.
      Hickory-High

Comment

I suppose it's a personal thing with me...artificial gratification like giving out medals just for being in a war zone (when that was your job) is pointless meritocracy and ultimately meaningless in singling out the true hero/all star no matter the team. In Toronto, Bargnani is singled out by many as the best player on the Raptors. That should suffice and does not necessarily make him a league-wide A lister.
        Re: electronic balloting, I think this would give "stuffing the ballot box" new meaning! How does one control a stream of electrnically generated votes from a single source. The league might be faced with a ballot count larger than the country's population!

Comment

This isn't like baseball where you have 20-something man rosters. You can't include everyone on the ballott. If you feel taht strongly about the players being left off, vote for them as a "write in"

Comment

its the all-star game. its where grown millionaire men get to be the prom queen of the most ridiculous popularity contest in the world. who fucking cares?

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              its the all-star game. its where grown millionaire men get to be the prom queen of the most ridiculous popularity contest in the world. who fucking cares?
              agree. your all-star is usually who "represents" or the "face" of the team.
              i say we try and get Bargs in there.
              at least we'll have somebody to cheer for.

Comment

Levy2725 wrote: View Post
                I may be a little late to the ball on this one, but Raptor fans have to be frustrated with their representatives on the All-Star ballot. Utah fans were pretty ticked that Millsap wasn't included, but none of the Raptors who were included (Kleiza, Bargnani, DeRozan) merit serious consideration. Meanwhile Reggie Evans, Jose Calderon, Amir Johnson and Jerryd Bayless have all been really productive but weren't included. I'm not saying those four should make the team but wouldn't it be nice to have an opportunity to vote for them and show them some love for the way they've been playing?

Raptor and Jazz fans aren't the only ones who have reason to be frustrated either:
                http://hickory-high.com/2010/12/14/s...rn-conference/
                Well, Bayless wasn't on our team when the ballots were made. If he were, he might be in the mix. The ballots were made at the beginning of the year, MLSE thought Kleiza and DD might be stars...LMAO!!! You do have the option to write in your own player in the online voting section though, keep that in mind.

Lets get bizzarro beetlejuice in there too, DORSEY!

Comment

Working...
                X