No announcement yet.

The future of Jay Triano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a possibility he will be fired?! of coarse there is! no coaching job is safe in the NBA, no matter how bad or inexperience the roster is.

I am sure due to Chris Bosh departure and young roster, Colangelo has in his mind the minimum amount of wins/effort he wants this team to achieve. If somewhere down the line this season (could be even by the end of the month if the Raptors don't turn around their ugly 1-6 stretch in their last 7 games) the Raptors start to play awful basketball and losses will be mounting then its a safe bet that Triano will be out and PJ will be the new head coach.

I would say that 40 wins projection and Triano job is safer then safe
    33 - 39 wins - still safe but Colangelo patience will run thin early next season if the Raptors do come out of the gate flat.
    26-32 wins - maybe - pending on overall team effort.
    25 wins or less - I don't believe Colangelo will tolerate this.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Dec 17, 2010, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Is there a possibility he will be fired?! of coarse there is! no coaching job is safe in the NBA, no matter how bad or inexperience the roster is.

I am sure due to Chris Bosh departure and young roster, Colangelo has in his mind the minimum amount of wins/effort he wants this team to achieve. If somewhere down the line this season (could be even by the end of the month if the Raptors don't turn around their ugly 1-6 stretch in their last 7 games) the Raptors start to play awful basketball and losses will be mounting then its a safe bet that Triano will be out and PJ will be the new head coach.

I would say that 40 wins projection and Triano job is safer then safe
      33 - 39 wins - still safe but Colangelo patience will run thin early next season if the Raptors do come out of the gate flat.
      26-32 wins - maybe - pending on overall team effort.
      25 wins or less - I don't believe Colangelo will tolerate this.
      I don't think this year's success can be measured in wins - as much as it pains me to say that.

Triano's job is safe if the young guys continue to develop and translate that development to on court success.

It is rare for the coach of a young team to reap the rewards as the players mature.

With regards to JT, whatever happens I believe he has more than enough respect around the league through his work with the Raptors and Team USA to get another lead assistant job or, possibly, another head coaching job.

Comment

Working...
      X