The future of Jay Triano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of Jay Triano

If the Raptors continue to lose like this, is there any possibility that Jay Triano will be fired over the course of this season?

i would have to say no, at least not this year anyway. everybody pretty much knew that this season was going to be a struggle as soon as Bosh bolted so this year was about making progress in terms of developing the young talent. in other words, BC isnt measuring sucess this year in terms of wins and loses but by how hard he gets his team to compete every night, which i think hes done this season.

as each season (game even) goes by his leash is going to get shorter though. if the raps have a good draft this year and an alright off-season, Triano will be under the microscope much more heavily and could be fight for his job as early as next year.

Comment

UNFORTUNETLY i think were stuck with Jay through the rebuild...

Until were ment to win & still cant jay's job will be safe..

besides id rather not see PJ as the coach & that would likly happen thiss year if jay was canned

Comment

Unlikely. I don't mind either way. He's doing an okay job with what he has. Some questionable lineups at times, but otherwise I'm content.
        Joshua Priemski
        NBA blogger
        SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
        www.RufusOnFire.com/
        www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

He's not going to go anywhere...last year the team controlled him - this year he is back leading the team again. He has good assistants and with what he has, he's not doing a bad job. We've put up some stinkers this year, but we've also knocked off some very good teams which doesn't just happen if you let your guys go out and play playground ball

Comment

Jay has a team option at the end of this season, so it's very unlikely that he's relieved of his duties before the end of the season.

Comment

Jay is a coach who's good with young players and knows how to help them develop. In other words, he's going to be here for atleast another 3 years.

Comment

if we fired jay then we still have to pay him, jay is a great coach and teacher for the young players, but at best he is a really good assistant coach. I think that we should try and hire a big name coach at the end of the season and have PJ and Jay as the assistants. I know that is probably not going to work because of politics within the organization.

There is a reason he was selected to be an assistant coach of the US team this summer.

Comment

Nope. This looks like tanking by committee to me...

Comment

It would be a pretty stupid move. I don't think he should be on the hotseat until next year. He's doing good with what we have.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

cbowlby wrote: View Post
                      There is a reason he was selected to be an assistant coach of the US team this summer.
                      +1

Comment

cbowlby wrote: View Post
                        ... maybe no one else wanted the job?

Comment

Why the fuck would he be fired? We are losing games yes but that's because we're short handed and have a VERY young team. Triano is doing his job, the team has giving 100% effort in vast majority of the games this season.

Comment

He should not be fired. His strength is developing young players which is what this team is made of and he's doing a pretty good job overall. This team is already on pace to win more games this season than most so-called experts were predicting in the offseason.

Comment

I wonder if the problem isn't in coaching but if the problem lies in the young teams tendency to lack focus. If Jerryd Bayless says "I need to run this play but we're down by three so I'll get a quick three point shot and then we'll run it next time." That tends to happen when people aren't experienced. Could that be more of a problem than coaching? If it is then how do you fix it? Just by letting them mature?

Comment

Working...
                              X