Raps Need More Three Point Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps Need More Three Point Shooters

Bargnani being out last night really hurt their ability to stretch the floor/score in general last night. While admit that his absence created a big hole in their offensive game plan, it also showed how desperately this team needs a three point shooter.

The Bulls constantly collapsed in on the paint last night, just begging any of our wings to take a three point shooters. A double team in the corners normally left a man around the top of the arc with a decent look, yet no one on this team has the confidence to shoot. Even with a bum knee Peja could still be a viable option to stretch the floor and allow some driving room for our wings. If he actually is hurt (which I really don't think is the case) then the team needs to look at upgrading our wings.

Someone give me a little optimism about this because I feel like this team is being built in the entirely wrong direction. Why not tell Weems to only practice corner threes and have him actually serve a purpose on the floor? If he is going to shoot the ball when he gets it anyways, why not make the shots relatively useful?

Sorry this is so long...I have a lot on my chest concerning the Raptors these days...

I dont think u can suddenly become a good 3 point shooter in the middle of the season cause your told to practice it. Im sure weems already does practise it but it might take him a season or 2 to get it consistent or..... he mite nvr be good at it.

Yah without bargs or Jose.... the starting 5 no one could hit a 3 consistenly. Yah bayless was hot a few games ago from there, but since he's cooled down quite bit an playing like his career stats say he should from there. We have 2 starting wings who cant hit 3 points -____-, no pf with 3 point capability, and center has no 3 point skillz with bargs out. Then on the bench, Dorsey and Wright cant hit em. Keliza seems like hes a good spot up shooter, but instead he runs around dripping the ball takin bad shots tat he keeps missing -__-. Barbosa is the only guy i trust takin 3s tat aint injured... and hes not that great at em and has a screwed up wrist.... we need andrea and jose back man....

Comment

The Raps need a lot of things.

Their two best 3-point shooters were injured last night (3 if u include Peja). It is what it is.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

we need another pass-first PG and a shot-blocking, paint dominating big man.
        if you have bayless and barbosa running the point, youre in trouble.
        these two are obviously scorers.
        we dont need a PG who will just do 2 things - bring up the ball to the front court then pass, or bring the ball to the front court, then shoot. you need a PG who will handle the ball, swing it around and find the open man, and take shots when open or drive if there is a hole in the defense.
        bayless is a shooting guard in a PGs body and Barbosa is just a pure SG.

Comment

Garbajosa wrote: View Post
          Bargnani being out last night really hurt their ability to stretch the floor/score in general last night. While admit that his absence created a big hole in their offensive game plan, it also showed how desperately this team needs a three point shooter.

The Bulls constantly collapsed in on the paint last night, just begging any of our wings to take a three point shooters. A double team in the corners normally left a man around the top of the arc with a decent look, yet no one on this team has the confidence to shoot. Even with a bum knee Peja could still be a viable option to stretch the floor and allow some driving room for our wings. If he actually is hurt (which I really don't think is the case) then the team needs to look at upgrading our wings.

Someone give me a little optimism about this because I feel like this team is being built in the entirely wrong direction. Why not tell Weems to only practice corner threes and have him actually serve a purpose on the floor? If he is going to shoot the ball when he gets it anyways, why not make the shots relatively useful?

Sorry this is so long...I have a lot on my chest concerning the Raptors these days...
          Agreed, PS, who is that chick in ur avatar pic?

Comment

Yeah, not having a 3-point threat from the wing puts the team in an awful position. It's a void that we should be able to fill somewhat at the draft. Harrison Barnes probably has the best chance of filling the voids of defense, rebounding, and shooting (although he's a little streaky), but he'd need to drop a long way for the Raptors to have a shot. If they end up with a late lottery pick, I think Tobias Harris might be a great fit... currently shooting a very high percentage, and is a decent rebounder and strong work ethic type guy.

I also wouldn't hate it if they kept Peja at a (greatly) reduced rate; he brought a great element during the few games he played; no defense of course, but he's able to shoot the team back into a game and create space for other players. Hell, a perfect scenario is them trading him at the deadline to get something back for him, and then signing him in the offseason.

Comment

We also need a defensively disciplined, intimidating force in the key. Both are needs that would improve our chances of winning greatly. Hopefully both of these needs are addressed by the start of next season.

Comment

Keep the STREAK ALIVE
                What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

As soon as Peja gets healthy......

Comment

think of the best players in the league none of them are three point shooters. Typical raptor fan. Don't you remember jason kapono. this team needs two way players not one dimensional ones. List one three point shooter in the league that can defend and create off the dribble for his teammates. Defense always wins. EVERYTIME.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                      The Raps need a lot of things.

Their two best 3-point shooters were injured last night (3 if u include Peja). It is what it is.
                      Anyone notice a trend here? cougheurohaterscough

Comment

brakeman1 wrote: View Post
                        think of the best players in the league none of them are three point shooters. Typical raptor fan. Don't you remember jason kapono. this team needs two way players not one dimensional ones. List one three point shooter in the league that can defend and create off the dribble for his teammates. Defense always wins. EVERYTIME.
                        Don't think I ever said that I want the team to ignore defence. This team needs a lot of things, specifically defence from all positions. I was just focusing on the need of more three point shooters due to how clearly apparent it was in last night's game.

I would trade my left one if this team focused only on defence, but since that clearly isn't going to happen (at least on a consistent basis) anytime soon, then I find it way more comforting to focus on the fixable problems.

Comment

Slightly off the reservation here (didnt want to start a new thread)...but anyone seen something a bit more informational than the "sore knee" diagnosis they keep trotting out each game? Does he need a transplant or does not feel like playing for the Raps? Can one of our intrepid eager beaver reporters get a direct answer from the player himself? Seems strange that these guys just run with the "sore knee" thing each game without elaborating on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X