Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bargs 4th Place in East for All Star Centres

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargs 4th Place in East for All Star Centres

Initial votes are in, and King Bargs is 4/10 for Eastern Conference centres. For all intents and purposes, it will be Superman v2 and Superman v1 making the cut, with the coaches vote possibly going to Noah instead (although he might be out with his injured thumb, and Shaq might be out too).

Do you think Bargs can make the coaches vote if Shaq Daddy and Noah are injured? You be the judge.

Centers:
    Dwight Howard (Magic) 611,561
    Shaquille O'Neal (Celtics) 241,782
    Joakim Noah (Bulls) 97,163
    Andrea Bargnani (Raptors) 53,275
    Al Horford (Hawks) 49,098
    Andrew Bogut (Bucks) 48,298
    Brook Lopez (Nets) 38,103
    JaVale McGee (Wizards) 36,227
    Roy Hibbert (Pacers) 35,006
    Ben Wallace (Pistons) 21,858

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/16/a...lts/index.html

Post Thanks / Like

Shaq is not an allstar this year, I know he has been one of the greats to play the game but he does not deserve to be in the game this year. Horford and Bogut should be there first, and Andrea could of had a shot is the Raps were still winning a few games, but this slide is killing his chances.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

shaq is popular. the all-star game is a popularity contest.

case closed.

Raptors Republic Rookie Blasterfi9's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only one center gets voted in rite? if tats the case Dwights in, Shaq is out. Only way shaw was goin to get in was if ppl voted him in. I dont think the theys retarded enuff to vote in Shaq, probably Noah.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
    Only one center gets voted in rite? if tats the case Dwights in, Shaq is out. Only way shaw was goin to get in was if ppl voted him in. I dont think the theys retarded enuff to vote in Shaq, probably Noah.
    Dude doesnt one get voted in, and then the coaches can vote in another forward/centre right?

Raptors Republic Rookie Jordan-Drexler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amare Stoudamire

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
    Amare Stoudamire
    Amare is a PF.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amare could do both on the coaches ballot. He is a power forward but he plays the majority of his time at center.

Right now my bet is Bogut is gonna play his way into the backup C spot cause Noah might be injured with that surgery. Bargs would be next up IMO.

Horford and Lopez aren't having great years compared to last year so I could see Bargs ahead of them. Plus Bargs fits the all star game style way better. ALL OFFENSE, NO DEFENSE.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Shaq?? Al Horford should have more votes than Bargnani, and Lopez sucks.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bogut and Horford deserve it much more than Bargnani, and I bet one of them get the coaches vote assuming Noah is out for a while. Far better stats on far better teams, far more impact on the game, only slightly less entertaining.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree about Horford, but Bogut is not having the greatest year.
    Howard is rightfully #1 but then you could make arguments for Noah, Horford, Hibbert and our Bargnani for #2.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I would much rather have horford, bogut, or lopez on my team than bargnani any day.. cuz they are well rounded players whereas bargs is a one dimensional offensive player

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs offence is vastly superior to all mentioned.
    Listen, I don't disagree that the others have more energy, but I think you have a home-town bias against the guy. He's having a decent year, coming into his own offensively. Nobody stands out at #2 and I would put Bargnani in the mix.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

yes I agree that bargnani is having a great offensive season and is averaging more points than all three of those players however he is also averaging less than a block and 6 rebounds a game. I mean horford and bogut are both contributing to their teams in other ways. Lopez cant rebound so right now Id say bargs is better than lopez and horford but he cant touch bogut's 14 points 12 rebounds and three blocks a game (thats the numbers a real center puts up)...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

bogut is averaging 14 points 12 rebounds and 3 blocks a game neither bargs , horford, or lopez come close to those all around stats. bargs is the best offensive player of the group but doesnt get rebounds or blocks. Lopez doesnt rebound either and horford doesnt get blocks. Bogut does all three so I think right now bogut is the more complete player as a center

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

arguing who deserves to play in a pointless game is pointless. its nothing more than a popularity contest and a reason to feed millionaires egos.

there hasnt even been a competitive all-star game worth paying attention to in well over a decade.

its the MTV Music Awards for basketball players. if you REALLY give a fuck about who makes the all-star game, you probably would dig this lesbian named justin bieber i keep hearing about.

Raptors Republic Rookie Blasterfi9's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So since noah is out... between bargs, hibbert, bogut, or Horford. SOOOOO considering for some dumb reason, having a good team means u have a bttr chance of gettin into the allstar game Horford's chances look rly good

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
    SOOOOO considering for some dumb reason, having a good team means u have a bttr chance of gettin into the allstar game Horford's chances look rly good
    I don't think its a dumb reason at all.

You should be rewarded if your team is doing well and you are largely responsible for it.

If your team sucks then you are not a great contributer but just a guy that is padding his stats when the opposing team is running away with the lead.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I don't think its a dumb reason at all.

You should be rewarded if your team is doing well and you are largely responsible for it.

If your team sucks then you are not a great contributer but just a guy that is padding his stats when the opposing team is running away with the lead.
    dont tell me u think bargs is a stat padder. i've seen him pass more this year than cb did his entire tenure as a raptor.

Thread Information