X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Future Power Rankings: Raps 28th

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...kings-1-101216
    It's Insider so just a taste.

"The team has some young talent in Andrea Bargnani, DeMar DeRozan, Ed Davis, Jerryd Bayless and Amir Johnson. However, we remain unconvinced that any of them will blossom to become the type of player that propels the Raptors back into contention. Thus, we've ranked them near the bottom in the players category.

We've also grown more cynical about the management of the team. It now appears that the Raptors are for sale, meaning their future is even more in doubt. We're also struggling to see GM Bryan Colangelo's long-term plan with the team. The offensive talent is there, but the Raptors remain a mess on defense and, despite a flurry of moves, seem to be stuck in neutral at the bottom of the East."

I agree with the the first paragraph, but I didn't know getting new owners was going to be an issue. I think they're a little uneducated on that front.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

we're gettin new owners? is this the whole rogers trying to buyout MLSE?, cause i believe that deal is deadish at the moment anyways or am i missin somethin.

Comment

I wouldn't put too much stock into this. Didn't ESPN writers and just about every other American mainstream media outlet also butcher the Raptors regarding the Jack/Bayless trade. If any other team made that trade they would be applauded for trading spare parts to aquire a huge expiring contract and a young player with lots of upside. Everytime I catch something on NBA TV and they mention the Raptors, regardless of who the analyst is, they are stating non-sense as some sort of fact. I actually think I heard one of those dummies last night say that Bayless was getting his first start against the Bulls. I may be wrong but with some of the other crap I have heard it wouldn't suprise me if I heard correctly.
      Deadallus

Comment

Worse than Detroit and Cleveland? Wow
        What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

since raps republic is an affiliate of espn can one of the admins or anyone that can contact these douche bags tell them to study before they open their retarded mouths ?

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
            since raps republic is an affiliate of espn can one of the admins or anyone that can contact these douche bags tell them to study before they open their retarded mouths ?
            Whats the point, these doushbags at ESPN don't speak Canadian.
            What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

These are the same idiots who thought the Raps would only win 20 games this season...

Comment

Working...
              X