Raptors interested in Kevin Martin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors interested in Kevin Martin

Aside from a complete breakdown in team chemistry, a regression because of Martin's presence or a trade offer involving an All-Star caliber player (specifically, a big man), Martin is going nowhere. According to sources, Cleveland, Houston and Toronto are among those teams interested in acquiring the dynamic scorer and are keeping an eye on how the situation unfolds.
    sacbee.com

Chances are highly unlikely, but I would love to have Martin on this team. Its a shame they wouldn't be interested in Jose.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Chances are highly unlikely, but I would love to have Martin on this team. Its a shame they wouldn't be interested in Jose.
      no they wouldn't but they would be interested in Bargnani.

Kevin Martin for Bargnani and Wright works (Raptors may not be interested in that)

Or

Kevin Martin for Derozen, Reggie Evans (or Johnson) and Wright works (Sac might not be intersted in that) unless the Raps also throw a first rounder.

I just don't see that happening unless you involved a third team.

Comment

I would totally do Bargnani and change for K-Mart. Reggie and Rasho would be relied upon heavily from then on out though. No doubt Amir would get a lot more burn then as well.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          no they wouldn't but they would be interested in Bargnani.

Kevin Martin for Bargnani and Wright works (Raptors may not be interested in that)

Or

Kevin Martin for Derozen, Reggie Evans (or Johnson) and Wright works (Sac might not be intersted in that) unless the Raps also throw a first rounder.

I just don't see that happening unless you involved a third team.
          How about...3 WAY TRADE
          To Raps:
          Kevin Martin - 6th man of the year
          To Kings:
          Samuel Dalambert - they want a Center
          To 76's:
          Jose Calderon - get a steady PG
          Antione Wright - better than Kapono & Carney defensively

This trade works out in ESPN Trade Machine
          Last edited by d1m45h; Sun Dec 27, 2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Kevin Martin needs to go to a defensive orientated team in order to grow out of all of those bad habits he picked up over the last few years while in Sacramento.

The Raptors are a horrible fit for him. The number of subsequent moves the Raps would have to make in order to give this a shot would be huge. Not cosmetic moves, radical moves. Hedo would have to go. Bargnani has to go. Elite defensive wing + elite interior presence + more defense off the bench + defensive minded head coach would have to come in. DeRozan's future with the team would likely be finished too. Need to switch to a more structured offense because Calderon lacks creativity + Martin is not a creator for others. Nice and complicated. Unless Colangelo is willing to do all of those things then he should stay away from Kevin Martin.

Kevin Martin and the Raptors are bad for one another. They'll hold each other back, limiting one another, and stopping each one from fulfilling their ability.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

another scorer? with low to average defence?

He has heart but ill pass on this.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                Kevin Martin needs to go to a defensive orientated team in order to grow out of all of those bad habits he picked up over the last few years while in Sacramento.

The Raptors are a horrible fit for him. The number of subsequent moves the Raps would have to make in order to give this a shot would be huge. Not cosmetic moves, radical moves. Hedo would have to go. Bargnani has to go. Elite defensive wing + elite interior presence + more defense off the bench + defensive minded head coach would have to come in. DeRozan's future with the team would likely be finished too. Need to switch to a more structured offense because Calderon lacks creativity + Martin is not a creator for others. Nice and complicated. Unless Colangelo is willing to do all of those things then he should stay away from Kevin Martin.

Kevin Martin and the Raptors are bad for one another. They'll hold each other back, limiting one another, and stopping each one from fulfilling their ability.

Are you absoloutly sure? I think Martin will be a great scorer in a team with playmakers like Jose and Turk, he would have a lot of open looks and shots and he could be one reason to make bosh stay. I think we could be a contender if we get martin without giving one of jose bargs turk bosh and jack. But we would be destinated to part with DD and Amir to make this deal happen.

Martin is a very underrated and unselfish player with no ego and he'll do anything to get the W. The negative part of it is that we will be in the luxury tax, but with a team like that, it's worth it.

Reggie could take Amir's job and we might need a defensive oriented wing because the martin/calderon backcourt could be very weak defensively

Comment

Raúl wrote: View Post
                  Are you absoloutly sure? I think Martin will be a great scorer in a team with playmakers like Jose and Turk, he would have a lot of open looks and shots and he could be one reason to make bosh stay. I think we could be a contender if we get martin without giving one of jose bargs turk bosh and jack. But we would be destinated to part with DD and Amir to make this deal happen.

Martin is a very underrated and unselfish player with no ego and he'll do anything to get the W. The negative part of it is that we will be in the luxury tax, but with a team like that, it's worth it.

Reggie could take Amir's job and we might need a defensive oriented wing because the martin/calderon backcourt could be very weak defensively
                  If we don't give up Jose, Barg, Turk, and Jack... it means we have a great or superior offensive starting lineup BUT we will lose many depth due to matching up Martin salary ...
                  basically we are screwed if our starting players got injured!

Comment

Raúl wrote: View Post
                    Dave wrote: View Post

Are you absoloutly sure? I think Martin will be a great scorer in a team with playmakers like Jose and Turk, he would have a lot of open looks and shots and he could be one reason to make bosh stay. I think we could be a contender if we get martin without giving one of jose bargs turk bosh and jack.

That Raptors team would be the best offensive team in the league + the worst defensive team in the league. Comparable to the type of form the Raps showed at the start of the season. They'll win 40-45 games and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

The Raptors would be going nowhere.
                    nbaroundtable

Comment

The only way to get him without disrupting the core is to trade Reggie, wright, POB or Marco without interfering the Raptors overall chemistry

When i meant chemistry i meant Reggie (and perhaps POB) did not even start the season yet so it wont affect the raps as a whole

Wright and Marco are inconsistent in their production to be an impact player/sixth man so why not get martin who could be very effective and consistent?

This upgrade will make us the number 1 offensive team but same crappy defensive team

Comment

KM has big potential to make the Raps very good BUT he has only played 1 full season in 6.

Do the Raps want to hang their future on someone who misses 20-40 games a season?????

I'd pass.
                        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

You want to add another offensive player to an already offensive lineup? No thanks to Kevin Martin, rather have DeRozan and Weems develop than add in a one-dimensional player with a fat contract.

Comment

Executives around the league will be watching closely, with many teams hoping to land Martin by the February trade deadline should the Kings make him available.

League sources indicate Houston, Toronto, Cleveland, Phoenix and Dallas are among those keeping watch.
                            sacbee.com

Comment

He would look great in a Raptors uniform, but outside of trading Hedo (which we all know isn't happening anytime soon) the fit for trading with the Kings isn't there. Unless its a package involving Bosh.

Comment

Working...
                              X