7 Or 8 Teams Have Called About Roy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Or 8 Teams Have Called About Roy

Don't know what they could get. But I can tell you 7 or 8 teams already have called to find out.
    Source: ESPN.com

Everyone is offering low knowing that Roy's knees are botched but he might be the missing piece for a team contending for a championship this season.

Comment

Celtics or Magic should give it a go.

Comment

If I was the Blazers I'd totally trade him while I can. He has a shit contract, he's handicapped for the rest of his career and Matthews has been doing an amazing job replacing him as the starter.

Comment

yeah i love roy and the blazers are my favorite non raptor team but it'd be good for them, especially in the long run. how they got so old and injury prone over the course of a couple seasons is kind of bizarre.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would LOVE to see him land on the Bulls without them having to give up too much.

Rose
            Roy
            Deng
            Boozer
            Noah.

If that ever happened, /league.
            "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Outdated response to this post, but now that the truth is out about Roy's knee, he has the distinction of having the most untradable contract in the league. Unless, that is, he retires and whichever team controls his contract gets some kind of insurance-related payoff, or injury exception.

Comment

And that's why the Raps didn't draft him with the #1 pick. Sure, we would have had 3 or 4 exciting years of playoff action with him and Bosh, but imagine we were stuck with that contract now. At least Bargs has value around the league, and a pretty resonable deal.

Comment

I would propose that the Blazers package Oden and his expiring contract in on any Roy trade.

They could probably even throw in one of their trainers or doctors in the deal
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
                    Outdated response to this post, but now that the truth is out about Roy's knee, he has the distinction of having the most untradable contract in the league. Unless, that is, he retires and whichever team controls his contract gets some kind of insurance-related payoff, or injury exception.
                    The Blazers may have a Michael Redd contract on their hands. I hope it's not so though and that's not for the sake of the Blazers but for the sake of basketball. It stinks with guys like Michael Redd and now Brandon Roy are reduced to shadows because of injuries.

Comment

To all those who were saying that Colangelo was foolish for selecting Bargnani rather than Roy...Fools! Roy is done. He'll never be the same player. You can't be a basketball player and have constant knee issues. To those looking to trade for the guy.. why? Unless there's a team with a player with a longer contract that they can get rid of and have the insurance company pick up the tab for Roy's salary.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        He'll never be the same player.
                        I agree. I'm sorry for all this injuries cause he is very good, but this is the reality.
                        Let's go Raptors!

Comment

It's his own damn fault. What the hell was the thinking coming back two days after surgery to play in the playoffs? I watched that game. He lost it for them. They were in it to win it until he came into the game, then took all these bad shots on bad knees. Stupid.

Couple this with his constant complaints that he doesn't get the ball enough, that there doesn't ever appear to be any point guard he enjoys playing with, and it seems he's just kind of a me-first-cause-I'm-awesome kinda guy.

Now he's talking about trying to come back again this season? For god's sake man, let your knees heel. Show some intelligence.

Comment

I think it's the team's fault for letting him do it. I think he should be applauded for putting it all on the line like that. The guy is tough as nails and has the heart of a champion. Jay Cutler just got crucified in the media for not being willing to play in the second half of the NFC championship game on a sprained MCL. Different sport, different mentality I guess.

Comment

Man, I feel so bad for Roy. He could have been one of the best SG in the NBA. And imagine the Blazers' lineup. With Roy, Aldridge and Oden all healthy. Add in Batum who is a really good and young defender. They were on their way to a consistent playoff challenger.

Comment

Working...
                              X