REGGIE!! Hardest Worker EVER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REGGIE!! Hardest Worker EVER!!

Name 1 Raptor that gave more effort then Reggie Evens in **15** games!!! I Dare you! Reggie tried sooooooo HARD he broke his foot for us! Now that dedication! Garbo was a GREAT utility/glue guy that did hustle VERY hard for us trying to stop the fast *break* bucket. eeeewwwww.... They both deserve a BIG trophy.... or a special stat... what do give players that for putting it all on the line for us fans? They didn't do it for a stat. They did if to show us fans that SOME players are listening and do respond to the fans. How about a 'Standing Ovation' at the least but it will never happen I bet.... too bad. Reggie & Garbo earned it!

(The argument is more directed towards Reggie, but Garbo deserves a honorable mention!)

Jyd

Comment

I still have the cut-out of JYD hangin' on the rim in my basement. One of my Favorite Raptors ever! JYD could be voted for hardest OVERALL worker ever, but I'm after who gave more effort in a ***15 games*** stretch then Reggies Evans? The guy jumped out of his skull some many times he BROKE his foot for U & me the fans!

Comment

It's been 2 1/2hrs and not 1 person can name a Harder Worker in a 15 game stretch.... well lets pool a couple bucks together and buy Reggie a Crown!

Unless somebody can prove me wrong..... come on.... prove me wrong.... PLEASE! (I doubt it!) Maybe I can up the stakes and promise to change my Avatar to to a picture of Kobe, and superimpose the word 'God' on him for 1 month. That should get people hating me!

Comment

So you are defining "Hardest Worker Ever" with just effort?

Comment

I guess you could find many ways to define Reggie effort. But I'm sure you get the point. You did chime in with a response but I did notice you *never* gave a name Doc. Another victory for Reggie?

Comment

Physically? Your absolutely right in that Reggie takes the cake, but hard worker can be defined in so many ways. Dedication could also be defined as a hard worker. Longevity could also be considered a "hard worker" trait. If so, there aren't too many Raptors as dedicated as Jose and when it comes to being a basketball iron man all I gotta say is, Mo Pete. Those two are guys that I would consider some of the hardest working Raptors ever.

Comment

PapiJulio wrote: View Post
                I guess you could find many ways to define Reggie effort. But I'm sure you get the point. You did chime in with a response but I did notice you *never* gave a name Doc. Another victory for Reggie?
                to be honest there hasnt been that many guys i can think of that only played 15 games b4 they got hurt for us...

if ur going to go by effort & sacrifice & contribution for the franchise, then alvin williams would be my choice over reggie... alvin gave his heart & soul to T.O & still does plus he gave both his ankles too.

JYD was like the best hustle guy,

heck i think i might even pick matt bonner over reggie..

reggie is a real ball breaker though LOL
                Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sat Dec 18, 2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Physically? Your absolutely right in that Reggie takes the cake, but hard worker can be defined in so many ways. Dedication could also be defined as a hard worker. Longevity could also be considered a "hard worker" trait. If so, there aren't too many Raptors as dedicated as Jose and when it comes to being a basketball iron man all I gotta say is, Mo Pete. Those two are guys that I would consider some of the hardest working Raptors ever.
                  yep those are another 2 that have given alot to the team.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                    yep those are another 2 that have given alot to the team.
                    Ok....guys come on..... **READ** the opening to this thread. I am trying to give somebody some credit where credit is due. this guy BUSTED his ASS (foot) for us like no onther Raptors I can think of in a **15 game stretch**.

*IF* you want to argue who left the most sweat on the floor for the Raptors over their career I would say 'JYD'

*IF* you want to argue who scraficed the most for this team over their career that's easy.. 'Alvin Williams' left his knee's on the floor.

*IF* you want to argue would is the Toughest MoFo that ever play for us, again easy 'Oak Tree'

*BUT* So far nobody can dig deep down into the depth of their Raptor knowledge and pull out a name that gave more Hustle/Effort/Sweat/Roleness/Rebound Per Gm/Heart in a ***15*** game stretch then the Regginator!

Reggie Evans 15gms Avg 12.1 Rebounds Hell ya!

I guess Reggie will not fall in this thread eh?

Comment

ok u win.... there never has been a guy who worked harder then reggie for 15 games then broke his foot & missed 2-3months & i sure hope there never will be....i like reggie but id like him more if he never kept braking his feet.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        ok u win.... there never has been a guy who worked harder then reggie for 15 games then broke his foot & missed 2-3months & i sure hope there never will be....i like reggie but id like him more if he never kept braking his feet.

I was just sitting at the bar joking with a friend sayin' 'Reggie played so hard he broke his foot for us.' When I was in hockey I was racing a guy into our zone behind the net to get the puck. BUT I actually never knew I was racing somebody. I got the puck.... looked up.....POW! Spiral fracture in my shin bone. It's funny. Never heard it. Didn't feel it. Tired to stand up and fell on my face!

My brake was a 1 shot deal. Stupid fluke. Reggie brake, that I tried to get his a little love for, was probably because of a series of games he put together when the Raptors could have been beaten by my nieces & nephews. Everyone, including *myself* gave up on them. But not Reggie!

Thank You Reggie!

(Yeah this thread failed miserably. I thought I'd get a little more Reggie support)

Comment

15 games? 15 fucking games? Really? And the games aren't even playoff games. 15 games doesn't mean anything. Talk to me about Hardest Working Raptor ever and you're talking about what most have pointed out - Jerome Williams, Boogie Williams, hell, even Bosh worked harder. You know what Reggie was doing last season when he wasn't playing? Dude was at KFC and Pizza Hut like every night.

Comment

Working...
                          X