Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Stojakovic Likely to Be Bought Out

  1. #21
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    MLSE probably doesn't want to take on anymore money, hence the reason why they'd buy out Stojakovic or decide not to deal him for a longer term contract.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
    Wow a sharpshooting veteran who just got bought out and is looking to play likely for a veteran's minimum. I wonder where he'll sign.

    Come on BC, do you enjoy getting butt-raped by Pat Riley?
    I don't understand.. if Stojakovic gets bought out and Miami picks him up, how is BC getting "butt-raped" by Pat Riley?
    Stojakovic wouldn't be getting much playing time as it is. James Jones does exactly what Peja does.

  3. #23
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    It would have been nice if BC could have been part of the big deal which just went down with Orlando...like a Peja for Gortat and "someone else" (to fill out the salary combinations).
    Otis Smith wouldn't do Peja for Gortat and "something else".

  4. #24
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,954
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    With the uncertainty of the new CBA a buyout would be the safe play but I had my hopes up that they could land a player who would maybe help the team long term.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    LOL - Welcome back. For the record I never called you an idiot but 100% agreed on the basketball IQ - I said it and from recollection it was deserved. As from my recollection I had numerous insults thrown my way.

    As for Peja's contract, either possibilities (buyout or trade) are likely.

    What I gave above were reasons why a buyout may be more likely because this thread is about, wait for it, "Stojakovic likely to be bought out".

    As the trade deadline approaches, his contract will be more valuable and it is a bargaining chip. A barganing chip permits the holder to use it as he pleases, therefore, it is not necessary for the chip to be used.

    Also, if memory serves correct, weren't you one of those ripping on BC for making the trade? How did that turn out anyways? How has Jack's presence been on NOH? How has Bayless worked out for Toronto thus far?
    delusional

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    i seem to remember a thread where you went on and on about how valuable peja's expiring contract is worth...

    and i believe I said if peja's expiring was so valuable NOH would have gotten more than 2 bench players for it...

    now you are saying buying him out and ultimately getting nothing for this contract makes sense for the raps...

    let me guess... you will choose one of your typical responses when someone disagrees with you...i have a low basketball iq and am an idiot... i know
    matt. the simple point i am trying to make to you is:

    a month ago, you were praisng BC for acquiring the valuable expiring contract of peja

    a month later, there is a rumor that not only are the raps not only not going to get anything for peja, but they will have to buy him out, meaning that the raptors will have to pay peja so he can disappear off the books,

    so how can you go from saying getting peja was a good thing cuz we can use his contract to acquire other assets, to now saying yea buying paja out makes sense...

    the point is, it seems like for some people anything BC does can be spun into a good thing...
    Last edited by Legalize-It; Sun Dec 19th, 2010 at 01:36 PM.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    matt. the simple point i am trying to make to you is:

    a month ago, you were praisng BC for acquiring the valuable expiring contract of peja

    Yes, I was and still am. It could be valuable. Bayless has been a nice surprise - hopefully he can improve his PG skills i.e. setting up others.


    a month later, there is a rumor that not only are the raps not only not going to get anything for peja, but they will have to buy him out, meaning that the raptors will have to pay peja so he can disappear off the books,

    Buying him out will also be beneficial if it saves money for the franchise - might not matter to the fans but it does for the owners which means saved money can be spent elsewhere. The Raptors might not get anything for Peja but he was a part of a trade that delivered Bayless and cleared a roster spot without having to cut a young player or eat a contract. As the trade deadline approaches this flexibility may or may not be an asset - as may or may not Peja's contract.

    so how can you go from saying getting peja was a good thing cuz we can use his contract to acquire other assets, to now saying yea buying paja out makes sense...

    Because both scenarios are beneficial to the Raptors. If Peja's contract can be used to get good contracts/players from another team looking to shed salary - great. AI would not be my pick for TOR but the rumour was Peja had told people just a day or two before this trade that he was going to PHI and AI was NOH bound. If Peja's contract does not get anymore assets - great, because he was acquired in the same deal that allowed the Raps to get Bayless and shed Jack's contract.


    the point is, it seems like for some people anything BC does can be spun into a good thing...

    When things happen, yes they can. Nobody makes a trade thinking this is going to be awful for the team. It is only with the benefit of hindsight can a deal be evaluated and critized by the armchair GM's of the world.

    It is quite obvious you have an axe to grind with me after the 'BC is an architect' thread. So be it. You had a differing view than I did, and that is fine. The problem arose when yourself and a banned poster made the forum an elementary school playground. I've had many disagreements with many posters here. At the end of the day if someone can justify their argument and there is still a difference of opinion - who really cares? The problem arises when opinions are spewed as fact. You hate BC and anyone who thinks he is a good GM - fair enough, your opinion, your entitlement - but to come on to a Raptors blog expecting nobody to disagree with the refusal to acknowledge he has done anything good is ludicrous.

    Going back to that original thread. If memory serves me correct, at that time you said something to the effect of BC was doing a bad job because a team that was rebuilding should be:

    - acquiring young talent and draft picks.
    - clearing older players and cutting contracts.
    - playing young talent.

    OKC and WSH were quoted as teams to follow.

    The team is competitive most nights, plays more inspired and entertaining basketball than in years and with 2 first round draft picks coming up, $10M plus in possible cap space, and a roster with only 2 players over 30 (Evans and Peja - both expiring), 3 players (JC, Barbosa, Dorsey) over 25, and the remaining 25 or under, what more do you want?

    Hate BC all you want but I wish you would quit picking fights because someone else thinks he is doing an overall good job.

    Pefect? No. Mistakes made? Absolutely. Overall good? Yes.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Dec 19th, 2010 at 07:10 PM.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jrdyck wrote: View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Unless he's determined to get out of Toronto before the end of the year, what's the point of buying him out?
    ya, two guys have already said it. We we're doing pretty good when he was healthy so unless we are pretty much out of the playoff picture come march 1st or the trade deadline i'm going to keep him if i'm colangelo.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It is quite obvious you have an axe to grind with me after the 'BC is an architect' thread. So be it. You had a differing view than I did, and that is fine. The problem arose when yourself and a banned poster made the forum an elementary school playground. I've had many disagreements with many posters here. At the end of the day if someone can justify their argument and there is still a difference of opinion - who really cares? The problem arises when opinions are spewed as fact. You hate BC and anyone who thinks he is a good GM - fair enough, your opinion, your entitlement - but to come on to a Raptors blog expecting nobody to disagree with the refusal to acknowledge he has done anything good is ludicrous.

    Going back to that original thread. If memory serves me correct, at that time you said something to the effect of BC was doing a bad job because a team that was rebuilding should be:

    - acquiring young talent and draft picks.
    - clearing older players and cutting contracts.
    - playing young talent.

    OKC and WSH were quoted as teams to follow.

    The team is competitive most nights, plays more inspired and entertaining basketball than in years and with 2 first round draft picks coming up, $10M plus in possible cap space, and a roster with only 2 players over 30 (Evans and Peja - both expiring), 3 players (JC, Barbosa, Dorsey) over 25, and the remaining 25 or under, what more do you want?

    Hate BC all you want but I wish you would quit picking fights because someone else thinks he is doing an overall good job.

    Pefect? No. Mistakes made? Absolutely. Overall good? Yes.
    no i dont have an axe to grind with you... i am just trying to help you see how you are notr objective...

    if we have to buy out peja, than we should not have gotten him in the 1st place....

    MLSE will have to spend 5-7 mil probably to buy him out....

    that 5-7 mil could have been used to lure a marc gasol or another FA this summer...

    but you seem to be happy with anything BC does...

    and the simple point has nothing to do with how jack is playing in NOH, it had to do only with the value of peja's contract... which I said was not very valuable, and you went on and on calling me names and saying i am an idiot b/c i didnt see how peja's expiring was so valuable...

    and now this unbelievably valuable conract we got, is not going to get us anything back, and we are going to have to spend money to get rid of it...

    go watch 1984, and try to understand that sometimes, you have to be objective, and doing so doesnt make you a "hater" or "idiot", or a "person with a low basketball iq", as you seem to call anyone who disagrees with you...

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It is quite obvious you have an axe to grind with me after the 'BC is an architect' thread. So be it. You had a differing view than I did, and that is fine. The problem arose when yourself and a banned poster made the forum an elementary school playground. I've had many disagreements with many posters here. At the end of the day if someone can justify their argument and there is still a difference of opinion - who really cares? The problem arises when opinions are spewed as fact. You hate BC and anyone who thinks he is a good GM - fair enough, your opinion, your entitlement - but to come on to a Raptors blog expecting nobody to disagree with the refusal to acknowledge he has done anything good is ludicrous.

    Going back to that original thread. If memory serves me correct, at that time you said something to the effect of BC was doing a bad job because a team that was rebuilding should be:

    - acquiring young talent and draft picks.
    - clearing older players and cutting contracts.
    - playing young talent.

    OKC and WSH were quoted as teams to follow.

    The team is competitive most nights, plays more inspired and entertaining basketball than in years and with 2 first round draft picks coming up, $10M plus in possible cap space, and a roster with only 2 players over 30 (Evans and Peja - both expiring), 3 players (JC, Barbosa, Dorsey) over 25, and the remaining 25 or under, what more do you want?

    Hate BC all you want but I wish you would quit picking fights because someone else thinks he is doing an overall good job.

    Pefect? No. Mistakes made? Absolutely. Overall good? Yes.
    there's a post in this thread by you where you say buying peja out makes sense b/c it will be easier for other teams to sign him then ?

    well you the f cares about other teams and making life easier for them ?

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It is quite obvious you have an axe to grind with me after the 'BC is an architect' thread. So be it. You had a differing view than I did, and that is fine. The problem arose when yourself and a banned poster made the forum an elementary school playground. I've had many disagreements with many posters here. At the end of the day if someone can justify their argument and there is still a difference of opinion - who really cares? The problem arises when opinions are spewed as fact. You hate BC and anyone who thinks he is a good GM - fair enough, your opinion, your entitlement - but to come on to a Raptors blog expecting nobody to disagree with the refusal to acknowledge he has done anything good is ludicrous.

    Going back to that original thread. If memory serves me correct, at that time you said something to the effect of BC was doing a bad job because a team that was rebuilding should be:

    - acquiring young talent and draft picks.
    - clearing older players and cutting contracts.
    - playing young talent.

    OKC and WSH were quoted as teams to follow.

    The team is competitive most nights, plays more inspired and entertaining basketball than in years and with 2 first round draft picks coming up, $10M plus in possible cap space, and a roster with only 2 players over 30 (Evans and Peja - both expiring), 3 players (JC, Barbosa, Dorsey) over 25, and the remaining 25 or under, what more do you want?

    Hate BC all you want but I wish you would quit picking fights because someone else thinks he is doing an overall good job.

    Pefect? No. Mistakes made? Absolutely. Overall good? Yes.
    who is this someone else ?

    the raps are the worst roster in the nba, and thats not just by one writer, but vegas, espn, 2k sports, even people on the fan590 think the raps are the worst...

    spare me with your vague arguments... that someone else could be your dog.... does that make it a valid point to write about ?

    if BC traded for brand, you'd figure out a way to spin it in your head to make it positive... i hope for your sake you are making money or gettin girls for creating hype n spinning for the raptors

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    the raps are the worst roster in the nba, and thats not just by one writer, but vegas, espn, 2k sports, even people on the fan590 think the raps are the worst...
    not arguing, but the raps went undefeated against the heat in my game of 2k11, and bargs was second in the east in scoring... awful on the boards though... weems was a stud off the bench

  13. #33
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,954
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But what was the team rating? Something like -60...

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    But what was the team rating? Something like -60...
    its pretty craptastic.. but my player is on the heat, and they've beat us everytime... but i also chuck 3s at a record pace... going 3 for 3 against bargs probably has something to do with it

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    no i dont have an axe to grind with you... i am just trying to help you see how you are notr objective...

    if we have to buy out peja, than we should not have gotten him in the 1st place....

    MLSE will have to spend 5-7 mil probably to buy him out....

    that 5-7 mil could have been used to lure a marc gasol or another FA this summer...

    but you seem to be happy with anything BC does...

    and the simple point has nothing to do with how jack is playing in NOH, it had to do only with the value of peja's contract... which I said was not very valuable, and you went on and on calling me names and saying i am an idiot b/c i didnt see how peja's expiring was so valuable...

    and now this unbelievably valuable conract we got, is not going to get us anything back, and we are going to have to spend money to get rid of it...

    go watch 1984, and try to understand that sometimes, you have to be objective, and doing so doesnt make you a "hater" or "idiot", or a "person with a low basketball iq", as you seem to call anyone who disagrees with you...
    Actually, I'm not happy with anything *edit: should be 'everything'* BC does (Amir was paid too much, Hedo had way too many years, he never should have included 1st round picks with JO from IND and JO to MIA).

    However, I'm happy with the overall job he has done. Obviously you're not.

    Regarding the calling you names, go back through a number of posts you have made not only to myself but others. This victim act is sad. I said once you had a low basketball IQ - are you looking for an apology or something? I feel this emphasis on idiot (which I never called you) and low IQ has really struck a nerve with you. I did sound a douchebag alert though at one point.

    The idea of taking on Peja is costing 5-7M is not very well thought out. The deal actually saves $2M next season which is what is important especially heading in to a situation with a possible hard cap next year.

    Peja's contract was the cost of getting Bayless, unloading JJ, and saving a couple of M next season. If anything else comes of it, that is a bonus.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Dec 20th, 2010 at 03:27 PM.

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    [QUOTE=Legalize-It;56845]who is this someone else ?

    the raps are the worst roster in the nba, and thats not just by one writer, but vegas, espn, 2k sports, even people on the fan590 think the raps are the worst... [QUOTE]

    The someone else is me. I don't really care who else doesn't think so. ESPN, Vegas, 2k, and the fan590 have proven to be such reliable forecasters over the years and, ESPN in particular, have shown no bias towards Canada's lone basketball team (that was sarcasm).

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    there's a post in this thread by you where you say buying peja out makes sense b/c it will be easier for other teams to sign him then ?

    well you the f cares about other teams and making life easier for them ?
    It is not about making it easier for them. It is about making in easier for Peja. BC made it clear that he would do whatever to accomodate Peja if he did not like his role in TOR. The trade only happened because Peja gave up money so in essence BC would be keeping his word to a promise he obviously made to Peja and/or his people.

    Out of curiousity, what are your thoughts on the trade? Was the trade of JJ/Andersen/Banks for Peja/Bayless a flop in your opinion? It seems like it must have been.

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    on top of Jenna Jameson
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think I read Doug Smith today saying that Stojakovic is truly injured with a screwed up knee and seeking treatment in New Orleans, and that BC isn't going to buy him out.

    I guess when he is healthy he will play and maybe he will or maybe he won't get traded. Now I must pee.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    on top of Jenna Jameson
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh, and I'm kind of pissed that I missed the schoolyard fight and the Jesus shit. Am I too late?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It is not about making it easier for them. It is about making in easier for Peja. BC made it clear that he would do whatever to accomodate Peja if he did not like his role in TOR. The trade only happened because Peja gave up money so in essence BC would be keeping his word to a promise he obviously made to Peja and/or his people.

    Out of curiousity, what are your thoughts on the trade? Was the trade of JJ/Andersen/Banks for Peja/Bayless a flop in your opinion? It seems like it must have been.
    no i really like the trade...

    and twice you have posted that i have said i dont like anything BC has done, which is not true...

    in fact admins, if anyone can find a post where i even remotely say that there is not one thing bc has done that i like, i will not only stop posting but i will donate $1000 to RR...

    matt52, you make up stuff about the people who disagree with you...

    i can find 3 examples where you have done this, not just with me.

    i like the hoffa trade, i like the signing of douby and pops. i like the JJ signing... even trying to acquire salmons, i thought was a good move by bc.... his drafting of DD and davis...fred jones... a lot of the low risk high reward stuff bc has done has been really good.

    its when he trades draft picks that i think he doesnt understand that draft picks get paid a lot less.. like serge ibaka (a late 1st round pick) could do what amir does, and do it for one third of the price...

    the argument we had before, was not about what we think of the trade, it was about the value of peja's expiring contract.

    you like usual, were so sure of yourself and thought it was great that we got to expiring contract of peja, which you said we could use to acquire other players.

    i stated that if peja's contract was worth so much, that NOH would not have traded it for 2 bench players...

    now the raps are either going to have to pay peja close to 14 million this year, or buy him out...

    if bc has any sense of the market right now, he would have known, expirings are not worth anything this year, and not taken paja's contract without getting something more from NOH (maybe even a 2nd round pick)... anything

    raps acquired peja's expiring - matt's reaction: oh yes we can flip that for more assets

    raps wil not flip paja for anything and will lose money to buy him out - matt's reaction: oh yes, now it will be easier for someone else to sign peja... good move for the raps..

    which part of this is wrong ?

    and please show me the post where i said i dont like ANYTHING BC has done... i guarantee u cant, so stop with ur lies...

    that shit only works in an internet forum
    Last edited by Legalize-It; Wed Dec 22nd, 2010 at 11:17 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •