Stojakovic Likely to Be Bought Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It is quite obvious you have an axe to grind with me after the 'BC is an architect' thread. So be it. You had a differing view than I did, and that is fine. The problem arose when yourself and a banned poster made the forum an elementary school playground. I've had many disagreements with many posters here. At the end of the day if someone can justify their argument and there is still a difference of opinion - who really cares? The problem arises when opinions are spewed as fact. You hate BC and anyone who thinks he is a good GM - fair enough, your opinion, your entitlement - but to come on to a Raptors blog expecting nobody to disagree with the refusal to acknowledge he has done anything good is ludicrous.

Going back to that original thread. If memory serves me correct, at that time you said something to the effect of BC was doing a bad job because a team that was rebuilding should be:

- acquiring young talent and draft picks.
    - clearing older players and cutting contracts.
    - playing young talent.

OKC and WSH were quoted as teams to follow.

The team is competitive most nights, plays more inspired and entertaining basketball than in years and with 2 first round draft picks coming up, $10M plus in possible cap space, and a roster with only 2 players over 30 (Evans and Peja - both expiring), 3 players (JC, Barbosa, Dorsey) over 25, and the remaining 25 or under, what more do you want?

Hate BC all you want but I wish you would quit picking fights because someone else thinks he is doing an overall good job.

Pefect? No. Mistakes made? Absolutely. Overall good? Yes.
    who is this someone else ?

the raps are the worst roster in the nba, and thats not just by one writer, but vegas, espn, 2k sports, even people on the fan590 think the raps are the worst...

spare me with your vague arguments... that someone else could be your dog.... does that make it a valid point to write about ?

if BC traded for brand, you'd figure out a way to spin it in your head to make it positive... i hope for your sake you are making money or gettin girls for creating hype n spinning for the raptors

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
      the raps are the worst roster in the nba, and thats not just by one writer, but vegas, espn, 2k sports, even people on the fan590 think the raps are the worst...
      not arguing, but the raps went undefeated against the heat in my game of 2k11, and bargs was second in the east in scoring... awful on the boards though... weems was a stud off the bench

Comment

But what was the team rating? Something like -60...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          But what was the team rating? Something like -60...
          its pretty craptastic.. but my player is on the heat, and they've beat us everytime... but i also chuck 3s at a record pace... going 3 for 3 against bargs probably has something to do with it

Comment

no i dont have an axe to grind with you... i am just trying to help you see how you are notr objective...

if we have to buy out peja, than we should not have gotten him in the 1st place....

MLSE will have to spend 5-7 mil probably to buy him out....

that 5-7 mil could have been used to lure a marc gasol or another FA this summer...

but you seem to be happy with anything BC does...

and the simple point has nothing to do with how jack is playing in NOH, it had to do only with the value of peja's contract... which I said was not very valuable, and you went on and on calling me names and saying i am an idiot b/c i didnt see how peja's expiring was so valuable...

and now this unbelievably valuable conract we got, is not going to get us anything back, and we are going to have to spend money to get rid of it...

go watch 1984, and try to understand that sometimes, you have to be objective, and doing so doesnt make you a "hater" or "idiot", or a "person with a low basketball iq", as you seem to call anyone who disagrees with you...
            Actually, I'm not happy with anything *edit: should be 'everything'* BC does (Amir was paid too much, Hedo had way too many years, he never should have included 1st round picks with JO from IND and JO to MIA).

However, I'm happy with the overall job he has done. Obviously you're not.

Regarding the calling you names, go back through a number of posts you have made not only to myself but others. This victim act is sad. I said once you had a low basketball IQ - are you looking for an apology or something? I feel this emphasis on idiot (which I never called you) and low IQ has really struck a nerve with you. I did sound a douchebag alert though at one point.

The idea of taking on Peja is costing 5-7M is not very well thought out. The deal actually saves $2M next season which is what is important especially heading in to a situation with a possible hard cap next year.

Peja's contract was the cost of getting Bayless, unloading JJ, and saving a couple of M next season. If anything else comes of it, that is a bonus.
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Dec 20, 2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Legalize-It;56845]who is this someone else ?

the raps are the worst roster in the nba, and thats not just by one writer, but vegas, espn, 2k sports, even people on the fan590 think the raps are the worst... [QUOTE]

The someone else is me. I don't really care who else doesn't think so. ESPN, Vegas, 2k, and the fan590 have proven to be such reliable forecasters over the years and, ESPN in particular, have shown no bias towards Canada's lone basketball team (that was sarcasm).

Comment

there's a post in this thread by you where you say buying peja out makes sense b/c it will be easier for other teams to sign him then ?

well you the f cares about other teams and making life easier for them ?
                It is not about making it easier for them. It is about making in easier for Peja. BC made it clear that he would do whatever to accomodate Peja if he did not like his role in TOR. The trade only happened because Peja gave up money so in essence BC would be keeping his word to a promise he obviously made to Peja and/or his people.

Out of curiousity, what are your thoughts on the trade? Was the trade of JJ/Andersen/Banks for Peja/Bayless a flop in your opinion? It seems like it must have been.

Comment

I think I read Doug Smith today saying that Stojakovic is truly injured with a screwed up knee and seeking treatment in New Orleans, and that BC isn't going to buy him out.

I guess when he is healthy he will play and maybe he will or maybe he won't get traded. Now I must pee.
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Oh, and I'm kind of pissed that I missed the schoolyard fight and the Jesus shit. Am I too late?
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      It is not about making it easier for them. It is about making in easier for Peja. BC made it clear that he would do whatever to accomodate Peja if he did not like his role in TOR. The trade only happened because Peja gave up money so in essence BC would be keeping his word to a promise he obviously made to Peja and/or his people.

Out of curiousity, what are your thoughts on the trade? Was the trade of JJ/Andersen/Banks for Peja/Bayless a flop in your opinion? It seems like it must have been.
                      no i really like the trade...

and twice you have posted that i have said i dont like anything BC has done, which is not true...

in fact admins, if anyone can find a post where i even remotely say that there is not one thing bc has done that i like, i will not only stop posting but i will donate $1000 to RR...

matt52, you make up stuff about the people who disagree with you...

i can find 3 examples where you have done this, not just with me.

i like the hoffa trade, i like the signing of douby and pops. i like the JJ signing... even trying to acquire salmons, i thought was a good move by bc.... his drafting of DD and davis...fred jones... a lot of the low risk high reward stuff bc has done has been really good.

its when he trades draft picks that i think he doesnt understand that draft picks get paid a lot less.. like serge ibaka (a late 1st round pick) could do what amir does, and do it for one third of the price...

the argument we had before, was not about what we think of the trade, it was about the value of peja's expiring contract.

you like usual, were so sure of yourself and thought it was great that we got to expiring contract of peja, which you said we could use to acquire other players.

i stated that if peja's contract was worth so much, that NOH would not have traded it for 2 bench players...

now the raps are either going to have to pay peja close to 14 million this year, or buy him out...

if bc has any sense of the market right now, he would have known, expirings are not worth anything this year, and not taken paja's contract without getting something more from NOH (maybe even a 2nd round pick)... anything

raps acquired peja's expiring - matt's reaction: oh yes we can flip that for more assets

raps wil not flip paja for anything and will lose money to buy him out - matt's reaction: oh yes, now it will be easier for someone else to sign peja... good move for the raps..

which part of this is wrong ?

and please show me the post where i said i dont like ANYTHING BC has done... i guarantee u cant, so stop with ur lies...

that shit only works in an internet forum
                      Last edited by Legalize-It; Wed Dec 22, 2010, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Can't we just keep Peja? i don't know much about all this cap space stuff and i'm only 14 so u can't expect me to have a high basketball iq. But don't u think we could use peja? he is one of the best 3 point shooters

Comment

no i really like the trade...

and twice you have posted that i have said i dont like anything BC has done, which is not true...

in fact admins, if anyone can find a post where i even remotely say that there is not one thing bc has done that i like, i will not only stop posting but i will donate $1000 to RR...

matt52, you make up stuff about the people who disagree with you...

i can find 3 examples where you have done this, not just with me.

i like the hoffa trade, i like the signing of douby and pops. i like the JJ signing... even trying to acquire salmons, i thought was a good move by bc.... his drafting of DD and davis...fred jones... a lot of the low risk high reward stuff bc has done has been really good.

its when he trades draft picks that i think he doesnt understand that draft picks get paid a lot less.. like serge ibaka (a late 1st round pick) could do what amir does, and do it for one third of the price...

the argument we had before, was not about what we think of the trade, it was about the value of peja's expiring contract.

you like usual, were so sure of yourself and thought it was great that we got to expiring contract of peja, which you said we could use to acquire other players.

i stated that if peja's contract was worth so much, that NOH would not have traded it for 2 bench players...

now the raps are either going to have to pay peja close to 14 million this year, or buy him out...

if bc has any sense of the market right now, he would have known, expirings are not worth anything this year, and not taken paja's contract without getting something more from NOH (maybe even a 2nd round pick)... anything

raps acquired peja's expiring - matt's reaction: oh yes we can flip that for more assets

raps wil not flip paja for anything and will lose money to buy him out - matt's reaction: oh yes, now it will be easier for someone else to sign peja... good move for the raps..

which part of this is wrong ?

and please show me the post where i said i dont like ANYTHING BC has done... i guarantee u cant, so stop with ur lies...

that shit only works in an internet forum
                          There is nothing new to be added to anything above. Most posts are going in circles. All the posts are online and at the BC is an architect thread for yourself or anyone who cares (not many I'm sure) to read. The fact that in other, more recent threads you are on the attack is, well, scary. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                          X