Stojakovic Likely to Be Bought Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

philwill wrote: View Post
    Where is the emoticon for thumbs-down? Jesus Shit.
    Classy. Merry Christmas.

Comment

It would have been nice if BC could have been part of the big deal which just went down with Orlando...like a Peja for Gortat and "someone else" (to fill out the salary combinations).

Comment

Wow a sharpshooting veteran who just got bought out and is looking to play likely for a veteran's minimum. I wonder where he'll sign.

Come on BC, do you enjoy getting butt-raped by Pat Riley?
        What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

now, about peja contract and such.... just this weekend, suns were able to ship out turko(u)glu, whose contract is far longer and worse than stojakovic's, and get something in return. if stojakovic is not an option, there should be something out there that is beneficial to raptors, that they should get in exchange. buying him out and then seeing him coming back in another team (let me guess, he will end up with celtics) just to hurt this team more, is an already seen scenario. enough with that shit. lewis and carter are gone from orlando. reddick sucks (i enjoyed watching orlando being thrashed tonight by philadelphia), and they need a shooter. fine. exchange with toronto for brandon bass and spare parts.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Why not just ride out his contract and if get an offer trade him? Having one of the best 3 point shooters in the history of the league is probably better then nothing.
            My thoughts exactly. Unless he's determined to get out of Toronto before the end of the year, what's the point of buying him out?

Comment

MLSE probably doesn't want to take on anymore money, hence the reason why they'd buy out Stojakovic or decide not to deal him for a longer term contract.

Comment

Jordan-Drexler wrote: View Post
                Wow a sharpshooting veteran who just got bought out and is looking to play likely for a veteran's minimum. I wonder where he'll sign.

Come on BC, do you enjoy getting butt-raped by Pat Riley?
                I don't understand.. if Stojakovic gets bought out and Miami picks him up, how is BC getting "butt-raped" by Pat Riley?
                Stojakovic wouldn't be getting much playing time as it is. James Jones does exactly what Peja does.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  It would have been nice if BC could have been part of the big deal which just went down with Orlando...like a Peja for Gortat and "someone else" (to fill out the salary combinations).
                  Otis Smith wouldn't do Peja for Gortat and "something else".

Comment

With the uncertainty of the new CBA a buyout would be the safe play but I had my hopes up that they could land a player who would maybe help the team long term.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      LOL - Welcome back. For the record I never called you an idiot but 100% agreed on the basketball IQ - I said it and from recollection it was deserved. As from my recollection I had numerous insults thrown my way.

As for Peja's contract, either possibilities (buyout or trade) are likely.

What I gave above were reasons why a buyout may be more likely because this thread is about, wait for it, "Stojakovic likely to be bought out".

As the trade deadline approaches, his contract will be more valuable and it is a bargaining chip. A barganing chip permits the holder to use it as he pleases, therefore, it is not necessary for the chip to be used.

Also, if memory serves correct, weren't you one of those ripping on BC for making the trade? How did that turn out anyways? How has Jack's presence been on NOH? How has Bayless worked out for Toronto thus far?
                      delusional

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                        i seem to remember a thread where you went on and on about how valuable peja's expiring contract is worth...

and i believe I said if peja's expiring was so valuable NOH would have gotten more than 2 bench players for it...

now you are saying buying him out and ultimately getting nothing for this contract makes sense for the raps...

let me guess... you will choose one of your typical responses when someone disagrees with you...i have a low basketball iq and am an idiot... i know
                        matt. the simple point i am trying to make to you is:

a month ago, you were praisng BC for acquiring the valuable expiring contract of peja

a month later, there is a rumor that not only are the raps not only not going to get anything for peja, but they will have to buy him out, meaning that the raptors will have to pay peja so he can disappear off the books,

so how can you go from saying getting peja was a good thing cuz we can use his contract to acquire other assets, to now saying yea buying paja out makes sense...

the point is, it seems like for some people anything BC does can be spun into a good thing...
                        Last edited by Legalize-It; Sun Dec 19, 2010, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                          matt. the simple point i am trying to make to you is:

a month ago, you were praisng BC for acquiring the valuable expiring contract of peja

Yes, I was and still am. It could be valuable. Bayless has been a nice surprise - hopefully he can improve his PG skills i.e. setting up others.

a month later, there is a rumor that not only are the raps not only not going to get anything for peja, but they will have to buy him out, meaning that the raptors will have to pay peja so he can disappear off the books,

Buying him out will also be beneficial if it saves money for the franchise - might not matter to the fans but it does for the owners which means saved money can be spent elsewhere. The Raptors might not get anything for Peja but he was a part of a trade that delivered Bayless and cleared a roster spot without having to cut a young player or eat a contract. As the trade deadline approaches this flexibility may or may not be an asset - as may or may not Peja's contract.

so how can you go from saying getting peja was a good thing cuz we can use his contract to acquire other assets, to now saying yea buying paja out makes sense...

Because both scenarios are beneficial to the Raptors. If Peja's contract can be used to get good contracts/players from another team looking to shed salary - great. AI would not be my pick for TOR but the rumour was Peja had told people just a day or two before this trade that he was going to PHI and AI was NOH bound. If Peja's contract does not get anymore assets - great, because he was acquired in the same deal that allowed the Raps to get Bayless and shed Jack's contract.

the point is, it seems like for some people anything BC does can be spun into a good thing...

When things happen, yes they can. Nobody makes a trade thinking this is going to be awful for the team. It is only with the benefit of hindsight can a deal be evaluated and critized by the armchair GM's of the world.

It is quite obvious you have an axe to grind with me after the 'BC is an architect' thread. So be it. You had a differing view than I did, and that is fine. The problem arose when yourself and a banned poster made the forum an elementary school playground. I've had many disagreements with many posters here. At the end of the day if someone can justify their argument and there is still a difference of opinion - who really cares? The problem arises when opinions are spewed as fact. You hate BC and anyone who thinks he is a good GM - fair enough, your opinion, your entitlement - but to come on to a Raptors blog expecting nobody to disagree with the refusal to acknowledge he has done anything good is ludicrous.

Going back to that original thread. If memory serves me correct, at that time you said something to the effect of BC was doing a bad job because a team that was rebuilding should be:

- acquiring young talent and draft picks.
                          - clearing older players and cutting contracts.
                          - playing young talent.

OKC and WSH were quoted as teams to follow.

The team is competitive most nights, plays more inspired and entertaining basketball than in years and with 2 first round draft picks coming up, $10M plus in possible cap space, and a roster with only 2 players over 30 (Evans and Peja - both expiring), 3 players (JC, Barbosa, Dorsey) over 25, and the remaining 25 or under, what more do you want?

Hate BC all you want but I wish you would quit picking fights because someone else thinks he is doing an overall good job.

Pefect? No. Mistakes made? Absolutely. Overall good? Yes.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Dec 19, 2010, 08:10 PM.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                            My thoughts exactly. Unless he's determined to get out of Toronto before the end of the year, what's the point of buying him out?
                            ya, two guys have already said it. We we're doing pretty good when he was healthy so unless we are pretty much out of the playoff picture come march 1st or the trade deadline i'm going to keep him if i'm colangelo.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

It is quite obvious you have an axe to grind with me after the 'BC is an architect' thread. So be it. You had a differing view than I did, and that is fine. The problem arose when yourself and a banned poster made the forum an elementary school playground. I've had many disagreements with many posters here. At the end of the day if someone can justify their argument and there is still a difference of opinion - who really cares? The problem arises when opinions are spewed as fact. You hate BC and anyone who thinks he is a good GM - fair enough, your opinion, your entitlement - but to come on to a Raptors blog expecting nobody to disagree with the refusal to acknowledge he has done anything good is ludicrous.

Going back to that original thread. If memory serves me correct, at that time you said something to the effect of BC was doing a bad job because a team that was rebuilding should be:

- playing young talent.

The team is competitive most nights, plays more inspired and entertaining basketball than in years and with 2 first round draft picks coming up, $10M plus in possible cap space, and a roster with only 2 players over 30 (Evans and Peja - both expiring), 3 players (JC, Barbosa, Dorsey) over 25, and the remaining 25 or under, what more do you want?

Hate BC all you want but I wish you would quit picking fights because someone else thinks he is doing an overall good job.

no i dont have an axe to grind with you... i am just trying to help you see how you are notr objective...

if we have to buy out peja, than we should not have gotten him in the 1st place....

MLSE will have to spend 5-7 mil probably to buy him out....

that 5-7 mil could have been used to lure a marc gasol or another FA this summer...

but you seem to be happy with anything BC does...

and the simple point has nothing to do with how jack is playing in NOH, it had to do only with the value of peja's contract... which I said was not very valuable, and you went on and on calling me names and saying i am an idiot b/c i didnt see how peja's expiring was so valuable...

and now this unbelievably valuable conract we got, is not going to get us anything back, and we are going to have to spend money to get rid of it...

go watch 1984, and try to understand that sometimes, you have to be objective, and doing so doesnt make you a "hater" or "idiot", or a "person with a low basketball iq", as you seem to call anyone who disagrees with you...

Comment

- playing young talent.

there's a post in this thread by you where you say buying peja out makes sense b/c it will be easier for other teams to sign him then ?

well you the f cares about other teams and making life easier for them ?

Comment

Working...
                                X