No announcement yet.

Weems should not start when he returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raps have big issues at the 3. Weems is more a 2 than 3, and while Kleiza has performed well the last few games, any starting line-up of Bargnani, Calderon and Kleiza will inevitably lead to the defence being horrendous. Not saying Weems is even an average defender but the 3 players mentioned previously, all have little foot speed. It makes it worse that both Jose and Linas have to defend on the perimeter.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
      Raps have big issues at the 3. Weems is more a 2 than 3, and while Kleiza has performed well the last few games, any starting line-up of Bargnani, Calderon and Kleiza will inevitably lead to the defence being horrendous. Not saying Weems is even an average defender but the 3 players mentioned previously, all have little foot speed. It makes it worse that both Jose and Linas have to defend on the perimeter.
      ive actually noticed a really big improvement in jose's D. but kleiza, he's big and too slow. he can guard on the low block buts 3s blow by him. a shotblocking center will be good too.

Comment

Re-Signing Sunny

"Ernest Law, Raptors fan page on Facebook"

Weems can be a good role player off the bench, but if he's going to demand a starter's salary, i.e. 6-7 million per year, then forget about it.

I think Weems likes Toronto, so he'll probably be back.
        What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Trade him or waive him. His time here is done.

Comment

So nobody believes that he can improve? that's sad.

Comment

Sonny is decent filler if a trade deadline deal goes down. He's pretty much squandered his golden opportunity with the Raps, sad to say.

DD is too slow to guard SGs and not strong enough to guard SFs yet, so not sure where he fits either. If he can get stronger, then SF could be his natural position.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                I would not go that far. There is definitely room for improvement but I question his ceiling. I don't think he'll be a legit NBA starter but a good player off the bench. It is frustrating to see him work in the starting role, excel, and then regress within a matter of games. He does not play with any sense of intelligence or desire - and this is a contract year! If he can't put it together this year and soon, his future with the Raptors is not only in question but his future in the league. Maybe I'm being dramatic but there are a lot of Sonny Weems in the NBA and knocking on the NBA's door trying to get in.

Comment

Kleiza should continue to start even when Weems is ready to play again. Kleiza is finally healthy again and he is playing well. Weems was not playing well when he was injured ; he had degressed in his play. I really wish they would do something more with the team though! They have an open spot in the lineup and we really need a dominant center and another small forward who can be aggressive and get to the hoop!

Comment

weems is great for off the bench. definitely should not be starting. i'd actually start wright over him.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Can't wait until late Jan/early Feb when we're screaming for Weems to start again...

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                        Can't wait until late Jan/early Feb when we're screaming for Weems to start again...
                        Not unless DD is benched

or

one of Weems or DD (or both) develops a consistent (around 40%) 3pt shot.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Not unless DD is benched

or

one of Weems or DD (or both) develops a consistent (around 40%) 3pt shot.
                          right, cuz when you're allowing 120 pts against every nite, having a good 3pt shot will really help...

did you ever think that maybe the guy who plays the best D consistently should start ?

and then i dont know, maybe we dont allow the wizards w/o j wall to score 120 on us ?

Comment

Weems should not start. He should not start on any team. He is young, and probably will improve. But he is playing so badly, and he doesn't seem to want to change. Other players try to change their game, see where their flaws are and play more towards their strenghts. Weems' is apparently athleticism. Which should mean good at driving into the paint, and maybe defense. He has been bad at both, been horrible at shooting and has a horrible shot selection. He doesn't help the team in any facet when he's on the floor, at least Kleiza plays smartly and has flashes of brilliance. The only flashes of brilliance I've ever seen Weems have was when he gets streaky and hits bad shots, which isn't actually 'brilliant'.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              Umm.... Sonny Weems = Wally Pipp. Look it up.

Never been a Weems fan. He harms the team and harms DeMar's development. Kleiza and Weems are 2 different players altogether. I've said this before and I'll day it again, if BC re-signs him to a massive contract, I will give up on him fixing this team. Kleiza has been a proven player in Denver, the Worlds and now. Whether he hits another wall or not, Weems has no business playing more than 20 minutes in my opinion. Take Weems' best game versus Kleiza's last 2, does it even compare? Has he even hit double digits in boards? Case closed.
                              When Storakovic is back they should put Sonny at SG instead of SF. Kleiza starts and Storakovic comes off the bench or u could switch it around but they want the younger player to get more minutes.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                                I think he'll be a solid player once he gets those three's down. Further into this season i think he'll put up some big numbers just wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X