Proposal - Arenas/McGee for Jose/Banks/Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal - Arenas/McGee for Jose/Banks/Wright

1. If you're the Raptors' GM, do you do this deal?

2. If you're the Wizards' GM, do you do this deal?

1. No, Arenas is not the type of player any team would want. He can play but he needs to be a lone superstar in order to be effective, he is a ball hoge, not what you want with Turk Bargs and Bosh in the same team.

2. No, giving up Mcgee for free (banks and Wright) is a mistake, the kid has potential to be a good back up C. And for the Wizards perspective, gilbert is better than jose, although i think jose could fit better on their team than Gilbert

Comment

Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
      1. If you're the Raptors' GM, do you do this deal?

2. If you're the Wizards' GM, do you do this deal?
      1. No, the recent success of the Raptors have much to do with Hedo asserting (finding) himself as the primary creator for this team. Similar to Jose, agent Zero does not play off the ball he has to have to ball in his hand to performe something that the Raptors can't afford to have.

2. In a heart beat Jose is a better distributor and is not a scorer allowing Jamison, butler to showcase their offensive talent. Plus better contract for Jose giving the organization more felxibility in the short and long term. JM is a nice player but there will be ample opportunities to draft another centre in the next year or two (wizards are going back to the lottery).

Comment

Arenas/McGee for Jose/Banks/Wright

How many people now wish that we had done this deal?

Would it have helped us keep Bosh?

Comment

thomas1 wrote: View Post
          1. No, the recent success of the Raptors have much to do with Hedo asserting (finding) himself as the primary creator for this team. Similar to Jose, agent Zero does not play off the ball he has to have to ball in his hand to performe something that the Raptors can't afford to have.

2. In a heart beat Jose is a better distributor and is not a scorer allowing Jamison, butler to showcase their offensive talent. Plus better contract for Jose giving the organization more felxibility in the short and long term. JM is a nice player but there will be ample opportunities to draft another centre in the next year or two (wizards are going back to the lottery).
          i thought this was about jose going to washington. not dallas or cleveland...?i'm so confused

fyi, jamison plays for cleveland, butler plays for dallas, hedo has been a nightmare for the raptors, and since when is 40-42/did not make playoffs, recent success?

have you spent the last 3 years on the moon?

so many questions... need answers....please!
          Last edited by LBF; Fri Jun 25, 2010, 07:14 PM.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
            Arenas/McGee for Jose/Banks/Wright

How many people now wish that we had done this deal?

Would it have helped us keep Bosh?
            Still no. Scoring was hardly the team's issue and McGee can't play D. Bosh, just like LBJ and Wade, was intent to entering free agency no matter what happened. Maybe we'd have more star power, but if you look around at all the other possible places for Bosh to go, even with Arenas they all seem like greener pastures.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              i thought this was about jose going to washington. not dallas or cleveland...?i'm so confused

You might want to check the date of the post you replied to. Both Jamison and Butler were still on the Wizards, weren't they now?

Comment

I would do this deal in a heartbeat sometimes you got to make some splash in the trade market in order to get notice or get ahead in the NBA.

As it stands right now without Bosh, basketball in Toronto will not be exciting to watch next season, at least with Arenas it gives us some excitment and a buzz and if ends up destroying the locker room well then we will just get a very high pick the following summer!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  [...] at least with Arenas it gives us some excitment and a buzz and if ends up destroying the locker room well then we will just get a very high pick the following summer!
                  If we had a team full of old, expensive players, I might agree with you, but do you really want the chance he "ends up destroying the locker room" with DeRozan, Weems, Davis, Johnson, etc. in it? A lottery peak the following summer is always nice when you're rebuilding, but not when you're damaging the 4+ prospects you already have. :-p

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                    You might want to check the date of the post you replied to. Both Jamison and Butler were still on the Wizards, weren't they now?
                    ok, i'm just going to entirely ignore what you just said.(who says they even had any intention of keeping both of them at that point because the rumours were already swirling by then. so, ha.)

do the trade now...

and just incase people get confused not me but other people warn a dude when you are going to revive an old trade proposal.

i would deifnitely do it if i was washington and toronto for either one it makes ense for both ends.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

it was a good idea back when i first suggested it... its time has since passed...

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        ok, i'm just going to entirely ignore what you just said.(who says they even had any intention of keeping both of them at that point because the rumours were already swirling by then. so, ha.)
                        Can't take the truth? "who says they even had any intention of..." is completely irrelevant. You were confused how this trade involved players on different teams and the reason was they were still on the same team at the time of the original post. So, ha.

Comment

Working...
                        X