Steve Nash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Nash

Phoenix is clearly game-planning for life after Nash. BC has the hookups with PHX and Lon Babby. Should we make this happen? I think we could switch Caldy and Weems for Nash straight up.

Can you imagine a 1-2 punch of Bayless and Nash. Plus dude can run the fast break with Barbo.

Lets do this!

No, we are a rebuilding team and that'd hurt us horrible in the long run.

Comment

But a rebuilding team needs a veteran presence. Right now we do not have that and it is obvious. Nash is a born leader, has played for JT, has played with Barbo, he could be pretty good for us and could mentor Bayless.

Comment

Jose is a veteran and he's been playing really well as of late. I'd rather keep him because he's not going to retire or become [much] less effective in a couple of seasons.

I highly doubt Suns are going to trade Nash anyways...

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          No, we are a rebuilding team and that'd hurt us horrible in the long run.
          And from PHX perspective, they are rebuilding as well. I don't think an owner like Sarver would be willing to take on Calderon for 9 years at an average of around $10M. That is pretty much what he is paying Nash.

Comment

im all for getting nash. yes he's old and plays less defense than jose but the team needs a change of culture and nash would bring in a winning attitude, leadership and be a mentor to the young guys. plus we'd be more likely to attract free agents without grossly overpaying. now i doubt they'd take jose for him but if they could work it out without losing any of the young nucleus i'd love it.

to be a winner, you need a winning mentality and steve nash would clearly bring that.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

it be fitting to have Nash playout his last days in Canada.. nash is still playing at a high level so it should be a no brainer... just dont expect 4more years of nash at this level of play...if all we had to surrender was the Bosh TPE or some expirings like say Peja then id be all for it,but Jose would then have to be moved in another deal..hopefully for a Center

Comment

imagine how he'd raise the game of guys like bargs and demar? plus he wouldn't have to play mega minutes with bayless on board.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I like the idea. I'm sure Nash would love to be back in Canada and then when he retired he would likely stay around and work for the Raps, just like Alvin

Comment

Nash in a Raptors uniform seems pretty slim. He seems pretty content in the desert. Also as you get older you become more sensitive. It's still pretty hot in Phoenix even in December. It's probably better to play in a dryer warmer climate. A lot of older players opt to play in warmer places. I fractured both my wrists and even they feel shitty in colder weather. And I'm only 20.

Comment

Or maybe that has nothing to do with anything

Comment

if we can get Nash and Gortat then I'm all for it. We need somebody like Marcin Gortat to play in the post.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          And from PHX perspective, they are rebuilding as well. I don't think an owner like Sarver would be willing to take on Calderon for 9 years at an average of around $10M. That is pretty much what he is paying Nash.
                          i didn't know jose had a 9 year contract.

anyways, i want nash to go to a legit contender and win a title, which is why he should go to miami. there legit with nash and he'd be a big contributor for them winning a championship and then he can come play here for 1 or 2 years.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Nash loves Phoenix and the medical staff there are amazing and are able to keep him playing at a high level. There is not point for him to come to Toronto, if he wanted to be traded he would want to go to a team that was in contention to win it all.

looking around the league there are not really any teams that it would make sense for him to go to. The only team would have been orlando but they now have gil and hedo. Steve is going to stay in PHX and until his career is over.

It was discussed in a BS report earlier in the month. (December 1st)

Comment

I agree with LBF. If Nash were to leave Phoenix , he'd want to go to a contender. Nash wants a ring like all players. He wouldn't go to a losing team like the Raptors. Miami would be a nice spot like LBF mentioned. Miami doesn't have a solid of so Nash would be perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X