Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough with the Raps win against short handed such and such!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough with the Raps win against short handed such and such!

Why is it that when the Raps beat a team that has one of their main players out, the media always say that the Raps took advantage of shorthanded whomever they won against! However, when they lose to a team that they are suppose to beat but don't because couple of the Raps main starters are out of the line up, the headline is, such and such takes advantage of weak Raps?

One play doesn't make a team and in my eyes, a win is a win, no matter who it comes from and hope many players they have out. That's why you have backups.

Is anyone else seeing this trend and if so, do you think that the Raps are not getting enough credits for the wins that they pulled off this season so far?

I notice it, but I definitely don't let it bother me. If anything, as someone who studied journalism a long time ago, I'm more amused by it. The AP Lakers story was a perfect example, where Bargnani's absence wasn't mentioned until halfway through. But for agencies like AP and Reuters, the goal is to get the story out on the wire as soon as possible. They're lucky if they get all the details right. Capturing the true spirit of the game is a rarely-achieved bonus. A lot of it has to do with favoured markets of course; any game that LA plays in is always going to get the LA spin. Sadly, despite being one of the largest markets in the league (especially when the rest of Canada is included), it's still treated as a small market, lumped in with Milwaukee, Indiana, Cleveland, and similar cities in terms of reporting priority.

Comment

Thank You! My feelings exactly

Comment

SaskatchewanSun wrote: View Post
        Thank You! My feelings exactly
        You're killing me with your avatar. I mean I can't help but burst out laughing whenever I see it. This can be a problem as my mother-in-law is staring at me right now and I don't remember what she just said. I think laughing was inappropriate.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
          Why is it that when the Raps beat a team that has one of their main players out, the media always say that the Raps took advantage of shorthanded whomever they won against! However, when they lose to a team that they are suppose to beat but don't because couple of the Raps main starters are out of the line up, the headline is, such and such takes advantage of weak Raps?

One play doesn't make a team and in my eyes, a win is a win, no matter who it comes from and hope many players they have out. That's why you have backups.

Is anyone else seeing this trend and if so, do you think that the Raps are not getting enough credits for the wins that they pulled off this season so far?
          The Raps are Siberia to the rest of the NBA and our losing and lately no defence makes us look worse to the rest of the NBA.

Comment

sad to say, but that has been the story.
            probably the only team who was at full strength that we beat was the Magic
            celts didnt have rondo, philly didnt have brand, okc didnt have durant, wall just came back from injury.....

Comment

how shocking. the media slanting perspective to make things appear more dramatic than they actually are.

stop paying attention and judge for yourself, because all that really should matter in your world is your own opinion.

for example, i have no clue who lady gaga is other than she's the chick who wore meat and she sang that retarded "puhpuhpuhpuhpuhpuhpuhpuhpuhpokerface" song. stopped paying attention at that point...

Comment

Getting credit from the US based punditry?? Not yet at least. They have to after all protect their beginning of the season predictions dont they?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Getting credit from the US based punditry?? Not yet at least. They have to after all protect their beginning of the season predictions dont they?
                  Good point Bendit. Guess they have to save face!

Comment

Working...
                  X