• Show
Clear All

• Toronto - Memphis Trade:

Toronto Raptors Send:

Amir Johnson
    Linaz Klieza
    Sunny Weems
    Solomon Alabi
    Exchange 1st Round Pick (Toronto 1st Round Pick)

Memphis Grizzliez Send:

Marc Gasol
    O.J Majo
    Tony Allen
    Exchange 1st Round Pick (Memphis 1st Round Pick)
    Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Mon Dec 20, 2010, 06:27 PM. Reason: Font
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Toronto gets the two best players in the trade. I don't see it happening but I would be all for it.

Comment

I was just about to propose a trade that returned both Gasol and Mayo. Crazy. My proposal is as follows.

Bargnani
      Weems
      Evans
      Alabi

for

Gasol
      Mayo
      Thabeet

My rationale is that Memphis is stuck firmly in the middle. Middle scoring, middle defense. They pick up a 20ppg scorer in Bargs and the best rebounder in the league in Evans, who also has a sizeable expiring contract. They get a solid bench scorer and prospect in Weems to replace Mayo, who is currently unhappy in the same role. Weems will be resignable much cheaper. They also shed Thabeet's contract.

The Raps finally get their paint presence they need in Gasol. The only concern here is what to do with Derozan/Mayo. They both need time on the floor. Maybe move DD to the 3? Have him come off the bench as the 6th man to replace Mayo?

It's not that I'm down on Bargs, I just think a Gasol/Bargs switch helps both teams. What team has the 4/5 man combo to stop Randolph and Bargnani?

Comment

Then trade Barbosa for Diaw (Charlotte gets offense they desperately need, and free up time for Tyrus Thomas).
        Raps get a big expiring contract, clear more logjam, and get a point-forward veteran for the second unit.

The Raps now have their PG prospect in Bayless alongside Captain Calderon; their future 2's in Mayo and Derozan, future 4's in Davis and Johnson and future 5 in Gasol. They also have 27m in expiring contracts. That's mad scoring at the wings, a pass first/penetrating PG combo, and elite defense at the 4 and 5. Perfect NBA.

I'd throw in Miami's pick and another 1st rounder (future) to get this done if necessary.

RAPTORS
        Calderon/Bayless
        Mayo/Derozan
        Kleiza/Diaw/Wright
        Johnson/Davis/Dorsey
        Gasol/Thabeet
        +27m expiring
        +2 roster spots

Comment

Working...
        X