Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grizzlies Scouts Recently in Attendance at Raptors Games

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote PapiJulio wrote: View Post
    I'm trying to think who else was on his college team. Thabeet and.... can't remember if it was a point guard but the two of them really stood out in the college games that i seen. I remember watching a couple games and was impressed with his athleticism for a guy his height. He moved very well for a big man. He had the 'hunger' too it seemed.

I was disappointed that Thabeet hasn't gotten any burn in the NBA yet, I think. They shipped him right to the D-League right? I guess he's gotta put the pounds on before teams wants his services. I mean Keon Clark found his niche for his Bone-Rack frame. I guess Thabeet knowledge of the game must be lacking if they couldn't find some time in the NBA rotation.

I think the kid could be GOOD.... but I haven't seen him play with the big boys yet! I'm open to a taking a good look at him. We should be just focusing on acquiring assets in this REBUILD time buy trading UP if we can and he fits the bill if you *don't* give up too much. He's not what we need, but IF the Toronto organization thinks we could defiantly benefit in the long run...well... we are in a long term 2-3yr rebuild anyway.

So...depends on what we give up for him. He's def a top 10 pick, Height/Athleticism/Hunger were things I really noticed in the 2-3 game I seen.
    They didn't ship him right to the D-League. If I remember correct he was only there for a couple weeks or so. He's def in the doghouse there and he has reputation of having a Darko-esque bust throughout the league. I remember one scout said that "He needs to work on his defense and offense."

He's still getting the occasional DNP, and for a team without a backup C, that's pretty bad. I wouldn't be surprised if he leads the league in Fouls Per Minute, but I'm too lazy to check.

For the record I wouldn't trade for him. And the Grizz aren't gonna trade Gasol, that doesn't make sense. Mind you, it's their GM is a joke, so who knows.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joepanini wrote: View Post
    i'd do thabeet for weems. Or even thabeet, allen and mayo for weems, dorsey and evans.
    d e l u s i o n a l

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mayo

I agree with daveyboy.. i've been wanting Mayo for a while. Memphis seems to have less use for him than they should.. and he's not quite the chucker he used to be. He's also a much better defensive option than Bayless or Barbosa or Weems or DD. I don't see him topping out as a 6th man either. He's more than capable of being a starter. I'd love to have him on the Raps, as I think he's a more solid player than any of our 2 guard options.

Post Thanks / Like

if we did this it would be the stupidest thing ever. unless we get mayo i see no need to get thabeet. he just sucks...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    I'd do Thabeet for Weems. Or even Thabeet, Allen and Mayo for Weems, Dorsey and Evans.
    Who wouldn't?

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They know the Raptors are suckers for guys with supposed potential.

They probably want the Raptors first round pick (not the one which belonged to Miami).

Mayo looks like trouble.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Would OJ mayo work in Toronto? Another USC product.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as I read the title the first name that popped into my head was Mayo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    if BC is smart he wont take any deal from memphis that will save them any money...

we need a C rite now, n gasol is one of the few young centres who might be available...

That better not mean trading Bargs, if u mean a backup center then im with u.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't trade amir but kleiza could go
    Kleiza is an amazing player he could be a really good player in the future, i'd stick with him. Did u see how he took denver to school? and that spin move? that made we jizz

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    Last year's numbers look very good. Exactly the opposite of what Bargnani does. It's nice to see the Raps recognize that Bargs is not a 5. But "Big kid who's very raw."? The Raps already have that player. Not sure they need another one.
    I would tend to agree but when Alabi is making $770K, $830K next year and a team option for $890K in 2012-2013 the Raptors can afford to keep him around as a project. Thabeet's contract of $4.7M this year and $5.1M raises his title from 'project' to 'GAMBLE'.

Thabeet's size and skill set are very intriguing when you consider the pairing with Bargnani and the total lack of need the Raptors have scoring the ball.

Full disclosure: I have not seen Thabeet play much since his UConn days and base my opinion on his stats and what I've found about him on Memphis blogs.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Dec 23rd, 2010 at 09:00 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

To that end, 7-3 center Hasheem Thabeet is no longer unavailable. The Griz had resisted offers for the second-year player. But Thabeet is now being viewed as an asset most likely to be traded in order to augment the Grizzlies.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ading-thabeet/

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to get Thabeet. He is an excellent prospect and is much further along in his development than Alabi. Thabeet hasn't been given a chance yet in the NBA and I for one would like to see what he could do on a team that does not have him playing behind two other young centers. I'd be happy to move some of our guys for him.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Post Thanks / Like

Bring on the youth movement! BAM! Who wouldn't do this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=396name

Dorsey and Barbosa for Mayo and Thabeet.

Barbosa has been awesome but who knows what his future is here. Dorsey gets to go back to his college days and is currently a better backup C than Thabeet.

Raps rebuild. Works for both teams.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

the only grizzlies i'd be really interested in are Gasol and Henry. Of them all, id say they're two of the safer not to be traded. Why do we want another project big man?

Post Thanks / Like

how about

weems
    barbosa

for

henry
    gasol
    vasquez

pretty one sided but this fan can dream...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    the only grizzlies i'd be really interested in are Gasol and Henry. Of them all, id say they're two of the safer not to be traded. Why do we want another project big man?
    I totally agree those players would be ideal. I guess there's that potential still with Thabeet and Mayo (with Dorsey...who knows and Barbosa has already peaked as a player). But Gasol and Henry aren't goin anywhere. Mind you, ti is Chris Wallace.
    Last edited by Employee; Thu Dec 23rd, 2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: im dumb.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Memphis player I'd like to take a shot at is Marc Gasol. He'd fit perfectly with Bargnani.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    how about

weems
    barbosa

for

henry
    gasol
    vasquez

pretty one sided but this fan can dream...
    lol. That's not dreaming, that's just playing with oneself without an end game. j/k.

Julian Wright + TPE for Kobe is dreaming.... lol.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The only player in that team worth trading for is Gasol. That's it. No not even Mayo, who's good but not the answer we are looking for. Gay would have been perfect if he didn't come with that massive contract. I don't like Thabeet because I don't want to give up Davis/Johnson. And I don't think we're trading Bargnani. Then again I don't suppose Gasol is on the table either.

Thread Information