Grizzlies Scouts Recently in Attendance at Raptors Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon wrote: View Post
    Last year's numbers look very good. Exactly the opposite of what Bargnani does. It's nice to see the Raps recognize that Bargs is not a 5. But "Big kid who's very raw."? The Raps already have that player. Not sure they need another one.
    I would tend to agree but when Alabi is making $770K, $830K next year and a team option for $890K in 2012-2013 the Raptors can afford to keep him around as a project. Thabeet's contract of $4.7M this year and $5.1M raises his title from 'project' to 'GAMBLE'.

Thabeet's size and skill set are very intriguing when you consider the pairing with Bargnani and the total lack of need the Raptors have scoring the ball.

Full disclosure: I have not seen Thabeet play much since his UConn days and base my opinion on his stats and what I've found about him on Memphis blogs.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Dec 23, 2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

To that end, 7-3 center Hasheem Thabeet is no longer unavailable. The Griz had resisted offers for the second-year player. But Thabeet is now being viewed as an asset most likely to be traded in order to augment the Grizzlies.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ading-thabeet/

Comment

I'd love to get Thabeet. He is an excellent prospect and is much further along in his development than Alabi. Thabeet hasn't been given a chance yet in the NBA and I for one would like to see what he could do on a team that does not have him playing behind two other young centers. I'd be happy to move some of our guys for him.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Bring on the youth movement! BAM! Who wouldn't do this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=396name

Dorsey and Barbosa for Mayo and Thabeet.

Barbosa has been awesome but who knows what his future is here. Dorsey gets to go back to his college days and is currently a better backup C than Thabeet.

Raps rebuild. Works for both teams.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

the only grizzlies i'd be really interested in are Gasol and Henry. Of them all, id say they're two of the safer not to be traded. Why do we want another project big man?
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

how about

weems
              barbosa

for

henry
              gasol
              vasquez

pretty one sided but this fan can dream...
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                the only grizzlies i'd be really interested in are Gasol and Henry. Of them all, id say they're two of the safer not to be traded. Why do we want another project big man?
                I totally agree those players would be ideal. I guess there's that potential still with Thabeet and Mayo (with Dorsey...who knows and Barbosa has already peaked as a player). But Gasol and Henry aren't goin anywhere. Mind you, ti is Chris Wallace.
                Last edited by Employee; Thu Dec 23, 2010, 05:24 PM. Reason: im dumb.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Only Memphis player I'd like to take a shot at is Marc Gasol. He'd fit perfectly with Bargnani.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    how about

weems
                    barbosa

for

henry
                    gasol
                    vasquez

pretty one sided but this fan can dream...
                    lol. That's not dreaming, that's just playing with oneself without an end game. j/k.

Julian Wright + TPE for Kobe is dreaming.... lol.

Comment

The only player in that team worth trading for is Gasol. That's it. No not even Mayo, who's good but not the answer we are looking for. Gay would have been perfect if he didn't come with that massive contract. I don't like Thabeet because I don't want to give up Davis/Johnson. And I don't think we're trading Bargnani. Then again I don't suppose Gasol is on the table either.

Comment

I think we should get mayo and/or thabeet like in these trades
                        http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=22pambf
                        http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2a3vqjs
                        Both trades help out all the teams involved.

Comment

Working...
                        X