Grizzlies Scouts Recently in Attendance at Raptors Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Thabeet is softer than butter left in the summer sun for two hours.

In addition he has no offense whatsoever.

He will be a bigger bust than Darko. You can bank on it.
    Darko is far from a bust. He wasn't giving an opportunity before this season. He has is one of the best blocker this season and his offensive game is getting better after every game.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Dec 22, 2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      Thabeet has a whole lot more upside than Alabi. I'm not sure what his problem is, there's been a lot of talk about his effort on and off the court.

As a comparison, Grizz coach got fed up with Thabeet and sent him to the D-League last year. If I remember correctly he had a couple monster games and played pretty good. Might be just the type of player that needs a kick in the ass.
      You dont really think that he would get a kick in the ass in TO do you? "No sir, we are Canadian" seems to be taken quite seriously here.

Comment

if BC is smart he wont take any deal from memphis that will save them any money...

we need a C rite now, n gasol is one of the few young centres who might be available...

Comment

I'm trying to think who else was on his college team. Thabeet and.... can't remember if it was a point guard but the two of them really stood out in the college games that i seen. I remember watching a couple games and was impressed with his athleticism for a guy his height. He moved very well for a big man. He had the 'hunger' too it seemed.

I was disappointed that Thabeet hasn't gotten any burn in the NBA yet, I think. They shipped him right to the D-League right? I guess he's gotta put the pounds on before teams wants his services. I mean Keon Clark found his niche for his Bone-Rack frame. I guess Thabeet knowledge of the game must be lacking if they couldn't find some time in the NBA rotation.

I think the kid could be GOOD.... but I haven't seen him play with the big boys yet! I'm open to a taking a good look at him. We should be just focusing on acquiring assets in this REBUILD time buy trading UP if we can and he fits the bill if you *don't* give up too much. He's not what we need, but IF the Toronto organization thinks we could defiantly benefit in the long run...well... we are in a long term 2-3yr rebuild anyway.

So...depends on what we give up for him. He's def a top 10 pick, Height/Athleticism/Hunger were things I really noticed in the 2-3 game I seen.

Comment

I'd do Thabeet for Weems. Or even Thabeet, Allen and Mayo for Weems, Dorsey and Evans.

Comment

PapiJulio wrote: View Post
              I'm trying to think who else was on his college team. Thabeet and.... can't remember if it was a point guard but the two of them really stood out in the college games that i seen. I remember watching a couple games and was impressed with his athleticism for a guy his height. He moved very well for a big man. He had the 'hunger' too it seemed.

I was disappointed that Thabeet hasn't gotten any burn in the NBA yet, I think. They shipped him right to the D-League right? I guess he's gotta put the pounds on before teams wants his services. I mean Keon Clark found his niche for his Bone-Rack frame. I guess Thabeet knowledge of the game must be lacking if they couldn't find some time in the NBA rotation.

I think the kid could be GOOD.... but I haven't seen him play with the big boys yet! I'm open to a taking a good look at him. We should be just focusing on acquiring assets in this REBUILD time buy trading UP if we can and he fits the bill if you *don't* give up too much. He's not what we need, but IF the Toronto organization thinks we could defiantly benefit in the long run...well... we are in a long term 2-3yr rebuild anyway.

So...depends on what we give up for him. He's def a top 10 pick, Height/Athleticism/Hunger were things I really noticed in the 2-3 game I seen.
              They didn't ship him right to the D-League. If I remember correct he was only there for a couple weeks or so. He's def in the doghouse there and he has reputation of having a Darko-esque bust throughout the league. I remember one scout said that "He needs to work on his defense and offense."

He's still getting the occasional DNP, and for a team without a backup C, that's pretty bad. I wouldn't be surprised if he leads the league in Fouls Per Minute, but I'm too lazy to check.

For the record I wouldn't trade for him. And the Grizz aren't gonna trade Gasol, that doesn't make sense. Mind you, it's their GM is a joke, so who knows.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

joepanini wrote: View Post
                i'd do thabeet for weems. Or even thabeet, allen and mayo for weems, dorsey and evans.
                d e l u s i o n a l

Comment

Mayo

I agree with daveyboy.. i've been wanting Mayo for a while. Memphis seems to have less use for him than they should.. and he's not quite the chucker he used to be. He's also a much better defensive option than Bayless or Barbosa or Weems or DD. I don't see him topping out as a 6th man either. He's more than capable of being a starter. I'd love to have him on the Raps, as I think he's a more solid player than any of our 2 guard options.

Comment

if we did this it would be the stupidest thing ever. unless we get mayo i see no need to get thabeet. he just sucks...
                    http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                      I'd do Thabeet for Weems. Or even Thabeet, Allen and Mayo for Weems, Dorsey and Evans.
                      Who wouldn't?

Comment

They know the Raptors are suckers for guys with supposed potential.

They probably want the Raptors first round pick (not the one which belonged to Miami).

Mayo looks like trouble.

Comment

Would OJ mayo work in Toronto? Another USC product.
                          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

As soon as I read the title the first name that popped into my head was Mayo.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                              if BC is smart he wont take any deal from memphis that will save them any money...

we need a C rite now, n gasol is one of the few young centres who might be available...

That better not mean trading Bargs, if u mean a backup center then im with u.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                                I wouldn't trade amir but kleiza could go
                                Kleiza is an amazing player he could be a really good player in the future, i'd stick with him. Did u see how he took denver to school? and that spin move? that made we jizz

Comment

Working...
                                X