Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: McGrady Disses Bosh; Says Toronto Fans Don't Know Why They're Even Booing.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default McGrady Disses Bosh; Says Toronto Fans Don't Know Why They're Even Booing.

“They don’t. I’m telling you, they really don’t,” he said. “It’s not like I was like Chris Bosh in selling out the city — like the city was horrible or something ... making crazy comments about the city.

“(In 2000), it was Toronto or going back home to Orlando. That’s pretty much it. I love the city. Everytime I come back, I really enjoy my time here.”
    http://www.nba.com/games/20101222/DE...#nbaGIboxscore

Ouch. Seems like its never going to stop.

Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He has a point, no?

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He sure does.

Post Thanks / Like

Default McGrady disses Bosh; Says Toronto fans don't know why they're even booing

Gotta agree, compared to Carter and Bosh, McGrady left on a good note.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Been saying this for a while but fans in Toronto are really really stupid. And the media certainly doesn't help.

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    Been saying this for a while but fans in Toronto are really really stupid. And the media certainly doesn't help.
    +1

all you'll hear from people tomorrow is "trade the whole team and start over!"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

ya man, i want to raps to win a championship really badly. To prove to everyone that we don't suck.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

T-Mac was never a star until he went to Orlando. He showed flashes averaging 15 ppg in his last season in Toronto. I've got nothing against McGrady. He simply did what was better for him. Plus we already had Carter so he was blocking his development. Toronto fans in general will boo any past player. I'm surprised Charlie V didn't get booed. Leafs fans boo Brian McCabe...what for?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It was actually nice to see t-mac go to work. I've always liked to watch him play.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt Devlin also commented on how the Raptors were 10-18 coming into tonight and 11-17 at this time last year. He and Leo commented indirectly on how Bosh wasn't as much to the franchise as we all thought.

Raptors Republic Starter DarkKnight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, can't argue that. He's totally right - as much as I wanted T-Mac to stay, he never dumped on the city after or admitted on tv he stopped trying his hardest on the floor. And I'm glad he recognizes how much of a bitch move it was for Bosh to say the stupid shit that he said about Toronto.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DarkKnight wrote: View Post
    Damn, can't argue that. He's totally right - as much as I wanted T-Mac to stay, he never dumped on the city after or admitted on tv he stopped trying his hardest on the floor. And I'm glad he recognizes how much of a bitch move it was for Bosh to say the stupid shit that he said about Toronto.
    Exactly!! Bosh was and is a bitch, handled leaving immaturely like a media whore, and then continued to say dumb ass stuff about Toronto, whereas McGrady never did anything to Toronto but leave to be closer to home, where he might get a chance to play and develop outside VC's shadow. McGrady if you remember was also being very poorly handled by the coach who should never have coached basketball.
    Booing McGrady is a classless act, while booing Bosh will be pure heaven!

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll boo any player not wearing a raptors jersey.. the only exception to that rule is nash.

but mcgrady always did get a bum wrap here

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to be a real idiot to boo someone and not even know why. Maybe it's because he's related to Carter.
    Booing doesn't have the desired effect of throwing someone off their game.
    Look what happened when they booed LEbRON. It woke up a team that was playing terrible and ever since they've played fantastic.

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptoronto's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think people boo for the simple fact that McGrady was our chance to move up the NBA food chain and when he left he took that with him. People also boo because McGrady left without returning calls from the Raptors when he apparently lead them to believe he was a lock to come back. Personally I never held it against him becaue of the way he was handled the three years he was here but he did snub the team in he end...but a saint compared to Bosh and VC.

McGrady was one of Grunwalds biggest screw ups. Not having the balls to tell Coaches (Walker and Carter) to play him...and then believing McGrady had Toronto #1 on his list (which, again, McGrady apparently had told the team) then getting practically nothing for losing him.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptoronto wrote: View Post
    I think people boo for the simple fact that McGrady was our chance to move up the NBA food chain and when he left he took that with him. People also boo because McGrady left without returning calls from the Raptors when he apparently lead them to believe he was a lock to come back. Personally I never held it against him becaue of the way he was handled the three years he was here but he did snub the team in he end...but a saint compared to Bosh and VC.

McGrady was one of Grunwalds biggest screw ups. Not having the balls to tell Coaches (Walker and Carter) to play him...and then believing McGrady had Toronto #1 on his list (which, again, McGrady apparently had told the team) then getting practically nothing for losing him.
    Actually Grunwald's biggest screw up was not trading McGrady during the season like he should have. EVERYONE knew he was leaving...except for Grunwald it seems. BTW, the GM should NEVER force a coach to play someone. It's disrespectful and shows that you don't trust the coaching staff that YOU hired. Any good coach would just tell the GM "Why don't you coach the team then if you think you can do such a good job?"

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptoronto wrote: View Post

I can't remember where I read/heard this... but I remember Oak saying that management screwed up the tmac situation. They low-balled him big-time during negotiations. So one, he felt under-appreciated by the coaching staff, and two--management tried to chince him. Why wouldn't he go back home for max money?!

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh didn't say anything bad about the city and never left on a bad note like Carter. He played out his contract and had every right to go play for another team. I'm not sure where you guys are getting this shit from...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Bosh didn't say anything bad about the city and never left on a bad note like Carter. He played out his contract and had every right to go play for another team. I'm not sure where you guys are getting this shit from...
    Very true. Bosh, as immature as he was at handling this situation, didn't really do anything THAT bad. At the end of the day though, people in Toronto need to grow the f*** up and move on, but unfortunately a lot of people here suffer from inferiority complex so whenever a player decides he doesn't want to play here they (the fans) take it as a personal insult.

I do remember that a lot of people in Toronto held a grudge against McGrady because he wanted to be "the man" and that's why he "ditched" Toronto. They need to find any reason to hate, so they take this as an excuse to hate McGrady because of his "massive ego" and his thinking that he's too good for Toronto.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I blame the Leafs and Leaf fans. Created a culture of mass hysteria for Toronto sports fans.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information